Red Meat

About (not) consuming fresh raw fish and fresh raw egg yolks
avalon
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Red Meat

Post by avalon »

One of the links here on Wai Talk started me googling info about eating Raw Animal Foods tonight.

Suddenly I really want to try Steak Tartare! Like with the egg yolk sitting on top!

What's happening to me?

ARRRHHHH!!!! Growl!
Corinne

Post by Corinne »

Gavriel does this all the time.
He also combines an avocado with his steak tartar...
He calls it the WAI knock-out meal!
Just try to find non-radiated meat...
dionysus

Red Meat

Post by dionysus »

any one tried it? thinking of trying it this week. Any do's or dont's?

thinking about something long these lines:

1 lb BEEF FILET
1/2 c EXTRA VIRGIN
1/2 c LEMON JUICE
1/4 c RED WINE
1 T FRESH SHALLOTS, MINCED
2 T GARLIC
2 T CHOPPED PARSLEY
4 oz FRESH MUSHROOMS, CLEANED AND

Trim fat from beef, wrap in foil, and place in freezer for 30 minutes to facilitate slicing. While meat is in freezer, make sauce by combining lemon juice, wine, shallots, and parsley. Gradually whisk in olive oil by pouring in as a small stream. Add mushrooms and toss. Refrigerate for at least 20 minutes. Remove meat from freezer and with a very sharp thin knife slice on a diagonal into paper thin slices. Place beef slices on platter or individual plates. Top with raw egg yolk.

sounds tasty 8) bit worried about the freshness of the beef though. Should i try Game instead?
Chin-Chin

Post by Chin-Chin »

Where do you live? You really have to watch out for the quality of the beef. Over here in France, you can readily get raw beef (sliced or ground,intended to be consumed raw) at the supermarkets. I always make sure I get really good brands, because it's still cheaper than sashimi. Than consume immediately.

If you can get ground beef, you can throw in some egg yolks. I would think that slicing the beef yourself will be quite technical, even if it's frozen. Over here, beef carpaccios are in really really thin slices. I'm not sure if thick irregular slices done by yourself will do the trick.

Good luck! 8)
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

We advise against eating raw game. Raw beef is perfectly fine.
avalon

Post by avalon »

From what Ive been learning, the e coli was the biggie and topical???
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

I believe that E coli is not confined to the surface of the beef...
If E coli would be strictly topical, there would be no way you could ingest E coli from hamburgers.
Cairidh

Post by Cairidh »

Everyone I've heard of who follows a raw paleo diet says they do better with organ meats. Wild animals and human hunter gatherers (past and present) eat the organs first, and sometimes throw away the muscle.

Vondyplan says he only ever eats organic organ meats because non organic make him ill. Toxins being stored in the organs.

Raw liver is probably disgusting to taste, I wouldn't know. Apparantly though when juiced with carrot it makes a perfectly pleasant drink. Carrots aren't Wai, but some people use tomato juice instead, which you could do.

Dr Gerson's cancer diet included liver (juiced with carrot)
Dr William Kelly's diet included raw organ meats and he particularly recommended raw Pancreas, as the most important part of his programme was taking massive doses of enzyme supplements, which he showed killed cancer, and as it's the pancreas that produces enzymes, raw pancreas contains enzymes.
Cairidh

Post by Cairidh »

My mum's always eaten raw eggs (2 every morning mixed in a glass of pasteurised milk) so I've always thought they were perfectly safe.

But I would never have believed I could think raw meat was safe to eat.
Cairidh

Post by Cairidh »

I used to live in Africa, in the Sudan.

A Missariya Arab picnic would start with a walk out of the village into the bush. We would take a sheep with us, on a piece of string, like taking a dog for a walk. Once we got to a suitable spot - a dry river bed with clump of sheltering trees - the sheep was killed with a knife and a prayer and the women would start to prepare the food. A fire was quickly started on the dusty ground, maybe with a stone or two to define its edges.

First they ripped out the sheep's liver and bile gland. The liver was chopped up into small pieces and coated with chilli pepper and lime juice in a plastic bowl. The green bile juice was then squeezed over the liver and this 'fresh offal salad' was immediately served to the men.

It was very good actually. The liver itself was bloody and metallic and the bile bitter and full of adrenaline. It was like the taste of excitement, or fear.

Once, near the market, I saw a camel being killed. It was old and would be sold off as meat. When it was dead they ripped out the liver and ate it raw too, but without the bile. A camel's bile must be too strong even for the rough tough Mesiriya. The liver was very firm and crunchy, like a Golden Delicious apple, but even more unpleasant. I didn't take a second bite. I decided to stick to sheep's liver.

While us men were snacking on the raw liver, the women peeled the skin off the sheep as it hung in the fork of a tree, and then hacked it into chunks.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Cairidh wrote:Vondyplan says he only ever eats organic organ meats because non organic make him ill. Toxins being stored in the organs.
This is true for organs such as the liver and the kidneys, but not for the heart.
I sometimes eat ox heart as it is rather safe (regarding parasites as well as e coli)
it's the pancreas that produces enzymes, raw pancreas contains enzymes.
Enzymes are not nutrients. Enzymes present in food are large proteins, which are decomposed by our digestive system in order to be able to utilize them as amino acids (which are nutrients).
Your body produces all the enzymes that it needs, all by itself, from amino acids.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

RRM wrote:Enzymes are not nutrients. Enzymes present in food are large proteins, which are decomposed by our digestive system in order to be able to utilize them as amino acids (which are nutrients).
Your body produces all the enzymes that it needs, all by itself, from amino acids.
This is btw why the traditional raw food diet enzyme theory doesn't hold.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

And you know why our body first decomposes larger proteins (such as enzymes) into amino acids and then subsequently composes new enzymes from these amino acids?
To prevent taking up 'hostile proteins', as unwanted enzymes can do great damage to our body. In fact, our digestive system is the first barrier against 'bad compounds' in our foods.

Our digestive system is our 'firewall', whereas in our blood also 'programs are active' that clean up anything unwanted that has entered our blood anyway (virusses, damaged / excessive nutrients ('=corrupted data' or 'unneeded copies'), etc)
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Yes, besides the hydrochloric acid (very strong acid), it's pepsin that digests the protein. The stomach releases pesinogen from the stomach lining, which in reaction with the acid turns to pepsin.
To be absorbed in the gut, the size of the food particles has to be very small, down to the size of small molecules (enzymes are usually large).
huntress

Post by huntress »

I just ate some raw organic beef for the first time in my life the other day and it tasted REALLY GOOD. I am thinking of consuming more raw beef to substitute the fish because it is the only meat source that I can find fresh and hasn't been previously frozen. The salmon I buy from the store always has a distinct chemical taste to it and it is never fresh.

So in this case, do you think it is a good idea to eat the beef instead of the fish? I consume my beef with raw garlic and marinate it with lemon juice and olive oil. Cairidh said that this will kill all parasites? Which kinds of parasites? Because I SERIOUSLY don't want some icky creepy crawlie squirmy wormy thing growing in me. :x

Avalon...you've been consuming some raw beef, how is that going for you?