Red Meat

About (not) consuming fresh raw fish and fresh raw egg yolks
MJ
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Is red meat really that bad?

Post by MJ »

There's been a lot more doctors who are now saying that people need to decrease the amount of red meat they consume.

Here's my question....

Are the health risks from eating a lot of red meat as result of it being cooked? For example, would the situation change, as far as the health risks that doctors talk about, if the red meat was eaten raw?

Or are the health risks because people are eating too much red meat in comparison to other food groups? So for example, if someone was to eat a little bit of raw red meat in the Wai Diet on a daily basis, would it have the same negative effect?
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

It's because it's being cooked. If I'm correct, red meat contains more glycogen than white meat. This means that heating will originate more HCAs than would be the case with white meat.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Its creatinine. Red meat contains more creatinine, resulting to more HCAs formed due to cooking.
If the meat is raw, there is no danger.
Also, if you eat veggies, you will ingest nitrate,
and the nitrate readly forms nitrosamines, even with the creatinine in raw meat.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Ah yeah, it was creatinine. :)
halfgaar

Post by halfgaar »

Picking up an old thread...

What about when it's been frozen? Fresh meat is very difficult to come by. And, innowits (insultingly called Eskimo's) store their meat in their natural fridge, and they are an acne free people, I believe.

I would like to know how many of you have tried meat or fish that has been frozen, and what the result is/was?
fictor

Post by fictor »

I had frozen beef two days in a row this weekend. I am not totally acne free yet, so it is hard to tell if it caused any acne, but I at least did not notice any big changes in my skin.

Fish that has been frozen does not seem to cause acne after all, so why would meat?

Anyways, the taste was quite good! :)
halfgaar

Post by halfgaar »

I took some meat that has been frozen the last few days, and I do have a couple of pimples now. But, that can also be because I ate quite a few apricot shelled seeds (no need to go into that here), so I can't say if it's the meat or not. I'm going to try eating no meat for a time, and then adding it again, while eating no apricot seeds. It if again yields acne, then I know what it is.
Fish that has been frozen does not seem to cause acne after all, so why would meat?
Is that your experience, or a more general consensus?
Anyways, the taste was quite good!
It is, isn't it? Try adding some garlic to the mayonnaise you mentioned in another thread and poor that over the beef. I tell you, finger licking.
fictor

Post by fictor »

halfgaar wrote:
Is that your experience, or a more general consensus?
That is what RRM posted in another thread. It seems that salt are
added to some frozen fish, this is why it caused acne. I wrote
to RRM that he should change it in the free acne book, but
I do not think that has been done yet.
Anyways, the taste was quite good!

It is, isn't it? Try adding some garlic to the mayonnaise you mentioned in another thread and poor that over the beef. I tell you, finger licking.
I know! I ate the meat with the mayo (no garlic though) and it was sooo good! I imagine it would be even better with garlic :)
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

fictor wrote:I wrote to RRM that he should change it in the free acne book, but I do not think that has been done yet.
Im sorry, so little time...
No, indeed, frozen raw meat doesnt cause acne (unless you are eating more than your skin can bear, of course.
halfgaar

Post by halfgaar »

No, indeed, frozen raw meat doesnt cause acne (unless you are eating more than your skin can bear, of course.
To clarify, does that mean how much meat your skin can bear, or proteins in general? I've been eating raw beef almost daily for the last week, while reducing the amount of egg yolks to 2 or 3 per day, and I have gained a not-insignificant pimple :(. Could that meat be the cause?
halfgaar

Post by halfgaar »

American meat may be irradiated. In the Netherlands we even pay Codex Alimentarius fines to be able to keep our meat un-irradiated.
Additionally, I buy my meat at an organic farm nearby, which is under the control of "natuurmonumenten", a dutch nature preservational organization.
Can I eat away at it, to my hearts desire?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Can I eat away at it, to my hearts desire?
If its really raw, you can eat as much as your skin can tolerate, and then you can simple replace the egg proteins by meat proteins. It requires a little math, but thats not that hard.

Did you ever try raw meat from AH or a regular 'slagerij'?
Can you taste the difference?
halfgaar

Post by halfgaar »

Did you ever try raw meat from AH or a regular 'slagerij'?
Can you taste the difference?
No, never raw.

Wait a minute, yes. Sometime ago, I was at a friend, and I ate some pieces of raw meat, which were meant to go into the pan, but I snatched them before hand. It was about two helpings of an ordinary portion of meat. It didn't taste as good as my organic meat, and more importantly, I got a couple of pimples a few days later, of which I was unable to ascertain what caused it. I think I have a likely candidate now.

But that would mean our meat is irradiated? Quite a sorry state of affairs.

BTW, this is where I get my meat.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

halfgaar wrote:It was about two helpings of an ordinary portion of meat. It didn't taste as good as my organic meat, and more importantly, I got a couple of pimples a few days later
Didnt it have an 'aftertaste'?
a little bit acidic? (i dont know how else to describe it)
Really raw meat doesnt have that aftertaste.
But that would mean our meat is irradiated?
At least its not truly raw, in my experience.
BTW, this is where I get my meat.
The cattle from that farm, are they shipped to a butcher? Or are they slaughtered on sight?
halfgaar

Post by halfgaar »

The cattle from that farm, are they shipped to a butcher? Or are they slaughtered on sight?
I hope they are not slaughtered on sight, but on site, otherwise their livestock diminished very rapidly :)

But I don't know for sure, I was under the impression they did that themselves. I'll ask the next time I'm there. In any event, I don't have an acidic after taste. but I don't remember if I did have that taste with that other meat.
Meat that is imported, which is a large part of what's sold here, I'm told, may be irradiated. The irradiating is probably done by the distributer, not the slaughter.