Bad breath after egg yolks and fish

About (not) consuming fresh raw fish and fresh raw egg yolks
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Bad breath after egg yolks and fish

Post by Guest »

I've rarely had bad breath before. But after eating egg yolks, I've been told that my breath smells like rotten eggs. Anybody else have the same experience? And why is that?
Cairidh

Post by Cairidh »

Was it somebody who disapproves of your diet who told you that?
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

How long do 'they' smell it? Of course after I have eaten fish, my breath will smell like fish, and I assume they same goes for eggs...

I haven't had this experience, so I can only tell you what I know about bad breath.

There are two types:
1) Foetor ex ore
2) Halitosis

ad 1) literally 'stench from the mouth'. Proteineous organic matter, typically food debris from meat, fish, eggs, is left in the mouth, and gets bacterially decomposed there. In this process Hydrogen Sulfide (H2S) is produced, which smells characteristically like rotten eggs. This also happens when a tooth cavity is present.

ad 2) coming from the stomach or digestive tract, these produced gasses exit through the mouth. Example: garlic.
Chin-Chin

Post by Chin-Chin »

Oscar,

You are probably the only one that knows other Wai dieters. So you can try to smell it on Corinne for example and tell us what it smells like (after raw egg yolks).

Be totally honest and descriptive!

I'd like to test too but I can't smell my breath myself.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

LOL

Sure, will do.
Chin-Chin

Post by Chin-Chin »

I found Wai's old post:
Wai wrote:if you dont brush your teeth after having consumed animal food, your mouth tastes VERY bad in the morning
animal food also creates tooth plaque; another reason to brush your teeth
i dont know whats best, but i brush my teeth twice a day (before and after sleep)
Now, what about in between meals? It all depends on the social acceptability of the raw egg yolk breath, and we are waiting for Oscar's testimonies :wink:
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Erm, do the egg yolks have to be consumed 'solo', or can they be mixed in with banana, etc?
Chin-Chin

Post by Chin-Chin »

What do you mean? For the breath test, you can do a couple of different versions, even after we brush the teeth, does it go away? (garlic doesn't) Does chewing gum help? Sorry, that was an illegal item on the Wai's diet! :P
Chin-Chin

Post by Chin-Chin »

And make sure that you take notes before egg yolk consumption, for comparative purposes. You are the scientist, Oscar!
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Wai and I do not and did not experience this problem at all, honestly.
We found that only if you have consumed yolks and you dont brush your tongue before going to sleep, you will experience this bad taste and smell the next morning, indeed due to the bacterial decomposition of the yolk remainders on your tongue.
Solution: brush your tongue.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

So far no problems with egg yolks mixed in with other substances. :)