Transfer Factors in Egg Yolks

About (not) consuming fresh raw fish and fresh raw egg yolks
Bambi726
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Transfer Factors in Egg Yolks

Post by Bambi726 »

Hello everyone! :)

Here's yet another good reason to eat egg yolks, and most likely part of the reason why people who are 100% Wai don't get sick very often. Egg yolks contain "transfer factors," the same stuff contained within a mother's first milk, or colostrum, that passes on immunity information to offspring (or any other animal that consumes it - transfer factors are not species-specific). Here's more info:

"Transfer factors act in the following way:

* promote the immune system's ability to remember past invasions, allowing your body to respond to similar health threats in future more quickly
* educate naive immune cells about a present or potential danger in your body along with a plan for action
* speed up the recognition phase of a health threat, making the duration of an illness shorter
* boost your immune response, or balance it by suppressing an overactive immune system

Transfer factor are crucial to our health in case of any immune system disorders:

* Immunodeficiency - when the immune system does not recognize invaders as being undesirable and therefore does not mobilize to destroy them.
* Autoimmunity (self-destruction) - when the immune system fails to recognize 'self' as friendly and mounts an attack on itself."
From: http://www.transferfactor.tv/index.php? ... &Itemid=46

Here's a short summary of what they are/do:

"Transfer factors are a set of messaging molecules that convey immune information within the immune system. Transfer factors also carry immune information from one individual's immune system to another individual. They help the immune system recognize, respond to, and remember invading organisms which threaten optimimum health.

It was initially thought that Transfer factors were only present in blood. But it was later realised that they're also present in colostrum. More recently it's been found that Transfer factors are also in egg yolk."

Here's a link to an interesting article about how they injected a hen with the Hep-B Virus, extracted antibodies from the egg yolk and tested it in vitro against the virus. Cool.. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/quer ... t=Abstract

Might this also mean that eating egg yolks would protect against things such as "bird flu," especially if the bird had been exposed to it and didn't become sick? So Avalon's comment that "only yolk eaters will be spared!" may not be too far off base! :lol: I'm going to go eat some yolks now. Maybe I'll bump up my consumption :P

¡Salúd!
:wink:
Amber
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Interesting stuff. :)

What is maybe a little bit suspicious, is that the company 4Life seems to pop up on all transfer factor sites...
Bambi726

Post by Bambi726 »

Yes, 4Life is I think one of the major marketers of the product. In fact, it's difficult to find a site that has plain, scientific talk about transfer factors that isn't selling them - but the immune factors in egg yolk and colostrum are most definately a reality.

My mom actually used some of 4Life's products a while ago (not for anything specific - just for immune system boosting), so that's when I first heard of transfer factors, but I was never aware that egg yolks also contained transfer factors, so I have a renewed interest.

I've been reading a bit more about it, and for the products that are sold, the chickens/cows that are used for production are immunized with a variety of different illnesses, for which they create antibodies, and they are passed on through the yolks/colostrum. This process makes it so there are a greater variety of antibodies, to cover a greater spectrum of illnesses. So, we would get only the transfer factors of the illnesses/bugs that the chickens are naturally exposed to by eating regular egg yolks. I prefer to eat the yolks than take the supplement, though. I am reading a site right now on how to immunize your own chickens (this particular article is mainly about HIV) so that you can eat their yolks and get the antibodies for the virus. Pretty interesting reading, though I don't think I'd ever try it...! The article's here if you want to read it.

~Amber
avalon

Post by avalon »

Sacre blu!

This Yolk's on you! :lol:

Very interesting stuff. I want to look into it.
Bambi726

Post by Bambi726 »

:lol: