Mercury in fish

About (not) consuming fresh raw fish and fresh raw egg yolks
Corinne
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Post by Corinne »

I got my results of mercury testing. The only thing they did was a simple mercury test in the blood. Later I found out that mercury is better tested through the urine...
Anyway my level is below the "limit" so no problems so far.
:wink:
mesay

Post by mesay »

As far as I can say (en feel), Chlorella have 2 effect.

1° first it is moving de mercury captured in the cell. It worse the symptom at first cause you get more mercury in your blood than usual. This is the right time to chek out your intoxication level by the way I thing.

2° It captured the mercury in the stomak. I read that mercury is hard to eliminate cause is goes not away with the urine...

It is a quite common product, if not for mercury purpose, for other.
mesay

Post by mesay »

(Wat I should have said before,) is that the diet is important to cure from mercury.

I don't know how the wai diet deal with the chlorophyll, for the rest it is obviously better than a cretan diet, I thing.
avo

Post by avo »

Umm, if I am eating 2 pounds of yellowtail(fin?) tuna each week, how bad is that?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

mesay wrote:As far as I can say (en feel), Chlorella have 2 effect. ..moving the mercury
What scientific studies support this idea?
avo wrote:Umm, if I am eating 2 pounds of yellowtail(fin?) tuna each week, how bad is that?
Based on US FDA findings, Oscar previously wrote in this thread that it was advised to weekly eat: "On average a bit less than 1kg tuna"

Why would you want to eat only tuna, anyway?
And for those who are susceptible to acne caused by excessive protein, 2 pounds is too much anyway, as it is 143 gram tuna daily.
130 gram daily, and alternated with salmon, mackerel or other fish and egg yolks seems a safe guideline.
avo

Post by avo »

I love tuna. I can't stand anything else right now. I am SO over salmon. :D

Well, I was eating more than 2 lbs per week of fish. I think that is why I am having these problems now. I have cut back to less than 100g fish. But I did add 4 yolks. Too much protein again?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

avo wrote:Too much protein again?
In this initial phase?
Yes.
Its like the sample diet all over again; first you need to completely clear your skin and THEN you can start increasing your protein intake. So, no more than 100 g. of fish and yolks combined, until your skin is completely clear....
mesay

Post by mesay »

RRM:What scientific studies support this idea

It was based on unscientific studies en I met a chemist who disagree in theory with chlorella cure. I realise it only now. No excuse but obvisously science seem to face difficulties in this file.

For example the measure if mercury is harmfull are really hard to interpret like here said:
http://www.ehponline.org/members/2001/1 ... -full.html

All I can say is that after 4 mounths with a Chlorella cure I feel terrible. The chemist I met explain me that everybody feel the same after using Chlorella (he run an internet site over mercury toothfilling http://www.amalgaam.be/).

According to an hypothese, Chlorella could even turn inorganic mercure(Hg++) into methylmercure(HGCh3-) , not really pleasent :( as it is worse.

Wat does he recommand ? no chimic chelator but food supplement like this:
selenium, glutathion, cysteïne, acetylcysteïne, methionine, magnesium en zink, vit B 1- 6, vit E en vit C

(But I read that acetylcysteine is suspected to cross the brain barriere carrying mercury inside the brain. It was just an article on the internet i can remeber of someone saying "every other acetyl molecule does cross so why not acetylcysteine ?", he wasen't sure. )

Need more scientific studies on it :? but in summary, as JustMarvin said, the body in good shape can get read off it :wink: but very slowly :x . Glutathion is produce by the body :) .
mesay

Post by mesay »

HOHOHO by the way Merry Chrismas
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Thank you Mesay...
BTW, is your name a variation on "Wai says"? ("me, I say")
mesay

Post by mesay »

my name warn about my (very) bad english, also, me want to express only my point of vue when I'm writing cause my experiences are linked with troubles due to amalgam thootfilling.

Over the matter mercury, I thing that the best site over detoxification is:
http://www.y2khealthanddetox.com/mercdetox.html

Even with the lack of references and the advertising, it seem like a reliable source and it explain really good how it work.

... And I have notice in the article, about the cholesterol:

" A list of some of the other factors which depletes GSH would include:

-Organophosphate pesticides
-Cholesterol and any other steroids, such as the birth control pill, hormone replacement therapy, etc.
-a dietary deficiency of methionine - a very important amino acid and precursor to GSH..your liver uses 70% of dietary intake
-ionizing radiation, whether X-rays or sunlight
-tissue injury from burns, surgery, or any trauma
-Iron overload - iron catalyzes free radical generation
-bacterial or viral infections
-alcohol consumption
-benzopyrenes of barbecued foods"

I assume in a Wai point of vue there is misunderstanding with the good and bad cholesterol.
Eazy_T

Mercury

Post by Eazy_T »

I am surprised to read that no one has spoke more about selenium.

I have read multiple studies showing that selenium has an unusually high
'binding affinity' to mercury.

Basically when selenium is near mercury it binds to it and makes it unable to bind to other things, like your brain tissue.

Go Brazil nuts Go!

Also it's very interesting to note that most fish contain very high levels of selenium.
"Greed wil kill us all"- ME
Lyn

Post by Lyn »

mercury calculator

http://www.gotmercury.org/
avo

Post by avo »

Wow, I guess I can't win. Yellowtail tuna, snapper, Spanish mackerel (gulf) are all really high in mercury.

Some of that information really hit home, though. Somewhere between late summer and early winter, I have noticed (as well as many friends and family members) that I show signs of what most like to call "ADD." Memory and attention problems are noticable, but not severe (from my perspective, anyways).

It is difficult to tell whether this is due to mercury, or just my attitude, personality, or mood for that particular time of day. Maybe I am just lazy, and instead of doing homework, I'd rather like to goof-off. Occasional cannibis usage may play a role in this as well. Unlike the article, I have not noticed an IQ decrease, nor have I become mentally retarded. So it is hard to say, but I will try to get mercury tested and take some steps to changing my food choices.

What fish is good? Besides salmon (I hate it, it makes me nausous just thinking about it), what can be eaten raw and is low in mercury? At the moment, the only thing that may be a choice is yellowtail snapper. While snapper is listed as relatively high mercury, perhaps this specific one is lower? Who knows...

Any input is appreciated, on any of the above.
avalon

Post by avalon »

avo wrote:
What fish is good? Besides salmon (I hate it, it makes me nausous just thinking about it), what can be eaten raw and is low in mercury?
Sardines are supposedly one of the safest. But I've never had raw sardines and don't know where to get them, yet. Or, how I would eat them ...