Eggs that aren't real fresh

About (not) consuming fresh raw fish and fresh raw egg yolks
Lyn
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Eggs that aren't real fresh

Post by Lyn »

:) RRM,
Lately I'm having alot of trouble finding really fresh eggs..the white is a little watery...What are the harmful side effects of eating not so fresh eggs over a period of time...excluding diarrhea, cramps and the like...I remember Wai mentioning something about it but I couldn't find the thread. Is the abundance of the bad bacteria over a period of time distressful on your gut?
Thanks
RRM
Administrator

Re: Eggs that aren't real fresh

Post by RRM »

Yes, ingesting too many bad bacteria all the time will cause diarrhea, and if this happens a lot, your defense will get 'washed away' a lot, which will make your defense against all kind of bad substances weaker.
But if you don't get the diarrhea, you don't ingest too many bad bacteria, so that there is absolutely nothing to worry about.
Your body will clearly let you know whther the eggs are fresh enough.
Justin

Post by Justin »

RRM,
Am i correct in saying that the thickness of the egg yolk liquid is an indicator of the freshness. The more viscous (syrup like) the liquid the fresher it is, the more watery the older?
Perhaps watery egg whites don't always indicate more bacteria because the yolk can remain well protected in the bag. I've had very good tasting thick yolks with watery egg whites with no problems.
I also recommend duck eggs to anyone that can find them, more cholesterol, more fat, more iron, b12, dha, more of everything. These are nutrient dense, the yolks are richer, thicker and i guess they stay much fresher. Check 1 egg on nutritiondata.com, they make chicken eggs seem dirty, diseased and tasteless. There's a big difference, worth the extra cost for sure.
Lyn

Post by Lyn »

:cool: Thanks RRM and Justin!
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Justin:
RRM,
Am i correct in saying that the thickness of the egg yolk liquid is an indicator of the freshness. The more viscous (syrup like) the liquid the fresher it is, the more watery the older?
Yes, precisely; it's the best indicator.
I also recommend duck eggs to anyone that can find them, more cholesterol, more fat, more iron, b12, dha, more of everything.
With this diet you actually don't need 'more'; everything is already abundantly supplied.
The downside of duckeggs is that they are more prone to contain high levels of salmonella, but if checked for very carefully, go ahead.
Gavriel

Post by Gavriel »

hmmmm
Where do you get Duck eggs in Europe??
Justin

Post by Justin »

Tesco's (in the UK) sell them. I don't get them any more they're too expensive. £1.87 for 6 but the yolks are much bigger (some weighed 30g each yolk).