Remaining physically inactive after proteinaceous food?

About (not) consuming fresh raw fish and fresh raw egg yolks
Jerry
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Remaining physically inactive after proteinaceous food?

Post by Jerry »

How much protein in a meal is considered proteinaceous food, and need at least 1.5 hours physical inactive? I search around the freebook, I couldn't find it...maybe 7.5g?

And is bathing/shower o.k, after the food? (I need to adjust my regimen)
Jerry

Re: Remaining physically inactive after proteinaceous food?

Post by Jerry »

If you are susceptible to acne, 5 g. may already be way too much, while its not much if acne is not your problem. (in the book over 7.5 gram daily is considered too much)
Thanks a lot...

what if regarding physical activity ?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

When physical active, you may need a bit more clean protein for (re)construction) purposes (raw fish, yolks, Brazil nuts).
Protein from munch foods is not entirely clean / intact, therefore less valuable, and also contains toxins (plus it may cause acne if you are susceptible to it).
Jerry

Post by Jerry »

Thanks...RRM ! For the valuable feedback...

How much protein in a meal is considered proteinaceous food, and need at least 1.5 hours physical inactive? I search around the freebook, I couldn't find it...maybe 7.5g?

And is bathing/shower o.k, after the food? (I need to adjust my regimen)
Jerry

Post by Jerry »

Originally posted by Jerry:
Sorry, I miss-something there...consider this:

2 pieces tiny cookies might contains >1g of protein, but it still contains some `dirty protein' and if combine with a cup of tea/chocolate/creamer, it increase the `dirty protein' level...

So, how to determine if I need to physical inactive regarding dirty protein level?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

You only need to remain physically inactive after eating fish, egg yolks, or lots of nuts. (or if you would eat chicken or beef, of course)
jmbattle

Why remain inactive?

Post by jmbattle »

Hello there,

May I ask why it is important to remain inactive after consuming proteinaceous food? Furthermore, is there an optimum time to consume protein? I used to believe that eating protein after exercise was the most beneficial - is this still the case?

For example, would eating a couple of egg yolks during the evening whilst watching a film (and eventually going to sleep) be a bad idea?

Thanks,
James
x
Corinne

Why remain inactive?

Post by Corinne »

I'm not sure if Wai specifies resons, but it's important to remain inactive because the body is busy digesting the protein. It requires much more of its energy than to digest sugars or fats, therefore needing the rest. By rest I don't think she means sleeping (although one could), just not going for a walk or working out.
Eating egg yolks and sitting down to a good movie or book sounds great to me! :wink:
jmbattle

Post by jmbattle »

Thanks for your response corinne!

As it happens, I returned late from a reiki session this evening, consequently didn't manage to have that egg yolk and movie, however whilst checking my email, I have consumed a grapefruit, two persimmons, some apple and a handleful of peanuts (one cannot find raw nuts here for love nor money...) as a 'before bed snack'... although perhaps 'meal' would be a more appropriate choice of word ;(

So the protein-rich egg yolk requires considerable amounts of energy to digest effectively, hence one should not involve themselves in physical activity following consumption. Interesting - I was under the impression that the activity would somehow impair the uptake of the protein/other nutrients.

Cheers,
James
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

So the protein-rich egg yolk requires considerable amounts of energy to digest effectively, hence one should not involve themselves in physical activity following consumption. Interesting - I was under the impression that the activity would somehow impair the uptake of the protein/other nutrients.
Yes, because energy (and especially enough blood) is required for proper digestion/uptake, you shouldnt divert that energy/blood towards your muscles (for physical activity)
avalon

What about dirty protien?

Post by avalon »

Should same rules apply if one is eating cooked meats. Not so much lately, but while I lived in New York City, one would eat sushi/sashimi and just go on about business. That means anything... running for the bus, the subway etc.

I'm sure most people don't take any time to sit after meals. Eat and go.

Avalon

Almost two weeks wai!
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

With cooked meats it doesnt make that much of a difference, I guess, because then digestion is already slowed down (opioid peptides in other foods and beta-carbolines) and made more complicated (damaged proteins, -fats and -cholesterol) so that it is spread over a longer period of time, and therefore less energy- and transport-demanding (per time unit).
dionysus

Post by dionysus »

During the 1 hr inactive period, do you think it would be ok to play poker? Sit at my computer and play on-line poker?

It would make my heart race though, this may be the problem...

:)
Negativity is the cult of the weak
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

No problem, joker.