a few comments / Sashimi; sharp, creative, happy

About (not) consuming fresh raw fish and fresh raw egg yolks
Brandyn
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

a few comments / Sashimi; sharp, creative, happy

Post by Brandyn »

HI, Im 18, 165 to 135 lbs, 5 11',not 100 percent clear, been on diet for few months now, a couple things i want to bring up

I know this sounds silly but when I eat my sashimi (no yolks) my muscles tighten and i feel muscular and swear I even look more instantly just wondering the explanation for this
More importantly, after a hour or so after eating it I feel so mentally sharp, creative , and very happy. I am a pianist and I play the best after eating it. Is this because of the cholesterol?
I am no where close to this mental feeling when i eat/drink my fruit/fats. Also is salt really bad for acne cause i can really enjoy sashimi with a hint of soysauce
nick

Re: a few comments / Sashimi; sharp, creative, happy

Post by nick »

About the salt, read chapter 7 in the free acne book

But yes, you may/may not get spots if you consume just little bit, everyone's skin is different.

I just started eating fresh raw salmon two days ago and I usually feel an amazing sense of calm and goodness.

I play the guitar and this diet has definitely made me so much more clear headed and deeper in my feeling for music.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Brandyn, did you mean to say that you don't eat yolks, or that yolks don't do the trick for you?
If the first is true, maybe you should try whether its the same with consuming yolks.

I think its the combination of 100% good cholesterol (influence serotonine) and undamaged omega-3 fats.
For me, yolks also do the trick, but with a different 'feel'; sometimes more, and sometimes less powerful (with 'more' dominating).
For me, salt is disastrous regarding acne (more than anything else).
Brandyn

Post by Brandyn »

I have not been eating any yolks i tried one once with avacodo i hated it but i i think didnt drain the yolk properly and had some stomac pains i think i would enjoy them with a potato or some other munch i dont really want to make a smoothie
Would yolks alone for a day be adequate for weightlifting or is the fat to high in the fat/protien ratio? Speaking of fat does any one know of any other fat sources to counter carbs with besides nuts, coconut, avacodo, and raw olives? The fat fruits kind of just seem limit and not varying like carb fruits. Also, sometimes i feel very hungry even after a sashimi meal (4 ozs) (long after i mean) and i wonder if my body wants another protien meal or a carb/fat food u know what i mean?
Brandyn

Post by Brandyn »

.....so i eat the carb/fat food and my stomacs full but im not sure if i feel satisfied and truly full :confused:
BlueFrog

Post by BlueFrog »

Brandyn, how long have you been on the diet? Have you been on the strict sample diet without any munch foods at all for at least 2 weeks?

The first couple of weeks (during the strict 'sample diet') a stomach may grumble when not hungry because the body is looking for the addictive betacarbolines and opioid compounds found in prepared foods, not because one is truly hungry. Once a body gets used to what fresh, clean food is like, the grumbling stops. Wai talks about hunger versus cravings here: http://www.freeacnebook.com/47-53.htm#50 There are also other posts on this board about hunger versus satisfaction. If you truly are hungry, then you could try eating more foods on the diet. The diet requires eating frequently. But, if fruit, nuts, yolks, or raw fish aren't appealing, that might not be true hunger you're feeling.

Also, Brandyn, protein isn't as filling as fat. You might consider adding some olive oil to your fish. This is another way to get more fat. You can add olive oil to anything including juice, sliced fruit, and salads. The taste almost disappears in the food. Other cold pressed oils are ok too, but very hard to find. Most have been heated or chemically treated to extract the oil and those that haven't are usually quite expensive. Durian fruit and raw fish are other sources of fat. The diet is really not very limiting, although it may be a shift from where you used to get your fat and nutrients.

As far as how much fat you need, your body will tell you. The suggested ratio is 2 grams of carb to 1 gram of fat. But, that ratio is a guideline not a rule. As Nick says, he does better with about 3:1, I also do better with a higher carb to fat ratio. If you're exercising you may actually need more sugar rather than fat because contracting muscles use alot of sugar. But, your body is the only one that can tell you if what you're eating is working or not. You can monitor cues like fatigue, breakouts, etc until you find what works for you.

As far as the yolks alone comment goes...are you considering eating no other food for a whole day or series of days? Eating a few yolks only for a meal might be ok, but for a whole day it doesn't sound good. Although eggs do have a lot of nutrients, no food is so nutritious that it can give you everything your body needs. Eating a variety of foods is much better.

Also, you've only had egg yolk once and you're considering having several in one day? It's better to build up to eating even a single raw yolk by having a single teaspoon of yolk for the first three days and then have two teaspoons for several more days and keep building from there. This will help to accustom the stomach to the nutrients and bacteria in egg so that cramps are reduced and often prevented all together. Wai discusses this here: http://www.freeacnebook.com/45-46.htm#46
_ ________ _
BlueFrog
Brandyn

Post by Brandyn »

im positive its not food cravings ive been on for a month atleast except for soysauce
i meant yolks for a day as my protienetious food for muscular construction
i was saying im confused about filling up on fat or protien/fat
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Brandyn,
How do you know its not food cravings?
avalon

Post by avalon »

Brandyn, don't know if you'll see this or how you're doing now that it's March...but sometimes I like the yolk over rice with a hint of Soy Sauce. It's really good! Munchy but good. Or over mashed potatos!!!

Avalon