Naturally raised salmon...

About (not) consuming fresh raw fish and fresh raw egg yolks
avo
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Naturally raised salmon...

Post by avo »

I just had the best tasting salmon. So fresh, tender, flavorful, almost buttery soft. It was a 'naturally raised' farmed salmon, overnighted from Canada, never frozen. My local excellent and reputable seafood shop had some in this morning.

The Chinook (King) Salmon is fed a nutritious feed, given more than ample space, absolutely no hormones/antibiotics, and low-stress raising. That, along with minimal evironmental impact on surrounding waters, practically no parasites, and the fact that the whole 'certified organic fish' is finally starting to materialize, makes this fish worth buying. Did I mention it tastes great?

Here is their website if anyone is intrigued. It is very interesting. http://www.creativesalmon.com/index.html I found out the name of the company on the gill tag the fish monger showed me. It is also the first result if you google 'naturally raised salmon.'

If you ever get the chance to try some fresh, do it. Most likely the best tasting fish I have ever had. I picked up a 1.25 lb fillet (with skin), runs about $10.99 a pound, worth every penny. It should last me 3 days, even though I want to eat it all right now!
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

ha ha
Sounds yummy!!!
please save me a few slices, will you?
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Save me some too! :)
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

Avo,

Did you order from their site? I didn't see an place to place an order. If it isn't frozen, how did they send it to you? just in a cool package?
avo

Post by avo »

I got it from a local seafood shop. They do offer either frozen or fresh (ice packed) wholesale only, I believe.
Brian
Administrator

Post by Brian »

Interesting to see this posted here!

I am actually on the same island as these producers.
I live about 5 hours away.

I've never tried their fish, but I've heard lots of good things.
That is, from the people willing to believe in farmed salmon... there aren't so many around here.

I'm amazed they're shipping fresh fish all the way across the continent to Florida!
van

diet of Salmon

Post by van »

Hi, something to consider. I called the Salmon farm yesterday and asked about the diet of their Salmon. They gave me the name of the feed supply co. and told me that it is grain based. Which tells me it's probably why it tastes so 'good'. In sushi bars there's a type of Tuna, I think, that is farm raised and everyone loves it. But it eventually would always leave me feeling a little off. My take on it is that it is like when cattle go to the feed lot and in four months put on four hundred pounds and increase their body fat from five to fifteen or twenty percent and end up as corn fattened beef. It too can be quite tasty, because of the extra fat. But as I have only read, the fat is different from fat when raised on green grass. For my understanding is that animals, chichens and fish produce Omega three fats from having eaten chlorophyll rich foods. My guess is that humans might taste more yummy to cannabils if they were exclusively grain fattened. To me, it's just messing around too much with nature to deeply consider. Fish don't eat grain in the wild, and for that matter, cows and chichens don't either. Or in anything, a neglible amount. Van
avo

Post by avo »

It's not grain, it is processed fish parts and blood, manufactured into dried powder, with added substances, including natural color. While it is not exactly natural, it is 'fish,' which salmon do feed on in the wild.

To put it in perspective, it would be like taking fruit, freeze drying and powdering it, and then mixing it with oil and egg yolks, then feeding us with it. Not ideal, but better than the alternative...
avo

Post by avo »

^At least, that is how most farmed fish are fed.

If you did in fact call the company, and that is what they told you, then I retract my statement.

However, as long as the fish still have the essential fatty acids in a decent ratio, contain high-quality protein, and are free from the usual pollutants and antibiotics, then I am fine with it.