Are eggs necessary?

About (not) consuming fresh raw fish and fresh raw egg yolks
avo
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Are eggs necessary?

Post by avo »

I don't know if I am the only one doing this, but I haven't eaten yolks for a good month or two. Up until a few minutes ago, while reading the posts here, I was perplexed why I had bouts of slight depression and sadness. It could have been a combination of things, such as homesick (which I am not), loneliness, stress from school/work, my skin, etc. Could the minor 'depression' symptoms be from not enough cholesterol? Is there anyway that I could include yolks in my diet as well as raw fish daily? This is all starting to make sense, 2 months ago I was always happy, but now everything sucks. Thanks in advance...
nick

Post by nick »

It is best to alternate with fish and yolks.
You don't need fish everyday but you definitely need yolks on a weekly basis. Eat fish for 2-3 days, then eat yolks for 2-3 days. Listen to your body. The depression/sadness is probably related to a lack of cholesterol.
avo

Post by avo »

Ok, I used to do that, but I liked fish so much, it got carried away I guess.

There were times where I contemplated suicide. Luckily, I had close friends that cared enough to stop me. It's amazing how much diet effects you emotionally and physically. Hopefully this is all behind me now, I just had 4 yolks in a half-cup of OJ.

BTW, is it bad to laugh a lot after eating yolks/fish? Is it like exercise?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

No, laughing is okay! :D

How much egg yolk you need is individually very different as the cholesterol uptake percentage is individually very different.
So, it is up to your experimentation to find out how much you need to feel perfectly happy. You best start as nick advised, and once you feel perfectly happy, you can start experimenting.
rafaelo

Post by rafaelo »

i do fine without yolks.
benzapp

Post by benzapp »

rafaelo wrote:i do fine without yolks.
I think it is important to point out that unless you are very wealthy, consuming egg yolks is a necessity. The amount of raw fish you have to consume would cost a lot of money - probably several hundred dollars a month, whereas good quality organic egg yolks can be had for perhaps $100 or less a month.

I consume a dozen a day, which works out to about $60 a month.

While it is technically possible to follow this diet without consuming egg yolks, daily consumption of some animal food is strongly encouraged. Do whatever you want, but egg yolks really are the best bet unless you have a private salmon farm or work on a fishing boat.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

I think that also depends on where you live. I could eat 100gr fresh salmon every day for €65 (about $85) a month.
benzapp

Post by benzapp »

Oscar wrote:I think that also depends on where you live. I could eat 100gr fresh salmon every day for €65 (about $85) a month.
I guess if we keep it at the absolute minimum. I know that 100 grams of salmon per day wouldn't be enough for me.
avalon

Post by avalon »

Raw Beef, it's what's for Dinner :D