evaporated cane juice

What oil? Which vinegar? What about sugar?
johndela1
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

evaporated cane juice

Post by johndela1 »

I just noticed that the sugar I use has for the ingredients list "evaporated cane juice".

Is this better, worse, or the same as using regular sugar?

Another question I have is: When making sugar does the refining process remove the pesticide residues? When I buy fruit I buy organic because I believe it contains less man made chemicals. If by refining sugar they essentially remove all the non sugar molecules, I see no advantage to buying organic other than to support organic farming (which is important to me). I just curious.
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

Any ideas on this? Is evaporated cane juice the the same or a OK substitute for regular table sugar?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Here it says:
Evaporated cane juice is a healthy alternative to refined sugar. While both sweetners are made from sugar cane, evaporated cane juice does not undergo the same degree of processing that refined sugar does. Therefore, unlike refined sugar, it retains more of the nutrients found in sugar cane. Cane juice is available throughout the year.
So, it is less pure than white sugar; more residues, including from protein, of course.
So, it may cause acne (and be harmful)
avo

Post by avo »

Damn. This, plus the blending of OJ, and not eating enough probably is contributing a lot to the tiny bumps I keep getting.

Thanks RRM.