Olive oil from ripe olives without kernel (denocciolato)

What oil? Which vinegar? What about sugar?
Terence
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Olive oil from ripe olives without kernel (denocciolato)

Post by Terence »

Dear All,

I guess that olive oil supplies up to 50% of energy intake for most people here. Therefore it´s very important to choose the 'right' oil as there are many bad and toxic (heated and/or contaminated) oils on the market. I´m surprised that here is not much discussion about olive oils. I would like to share my personal experience at first:

I had to quit Wai's diet several times due to some problems. Now, I have found out that three of these problems are always caused by olive oil:

- loss of concentration
- slight pain in my muscles
- cracking noises out of my joints (very strange)

The loss of concentration became so strong that I was not able to work any more. I tried more and more olive oils, always the same. And the taste most often terrible, by the way. Two weeks ago I bought an olive oil from Sicily that is made from ripe olives without stones. The italian term for this is 'denocciolato'. For the first time I was enthusiastic about the taste of an olive oil. And: NO PROBLEMS!! Even after more than 1litre: no reaction. I tried some more oils and now I am relatively sure that my body reacts to substances found in olive stones.

I claim that nobody of us would eat
a) unripe olives
b) olive kernels (they are simply too hard)

Most olive oils that are highest-priced by all these high society olive oil experts are made from unripe fruits. WHY??? Why do they like the bitter, acrid and stinging taste caused by unripe fruits and possibly toxic stones/kernels? One reason is that they believe that oils from unripe fruits are healthier, but I doubt that. I don´t know any unripe fruit that is good for my body. I guess that all the cooked food damaged the sense of taste of these 'gourmets'. hehe. BTW: Wine tastes also toxic to me since eating 100% raw food.

I strongly belief that olive kernels are toxic and wonder if anybody here has made similar experiences? I would be happy about every comment.

Terence

BTW: The olive oil I use at the moment is: www.oliobarbera.com (denocciolato) (I don´t have any lab tests yet)
and I am thankful for any other recommendation
RRM
Administrator

Re: Olive oil from ripe olives without kernel

Post by RRM »

Thank you for your post.
Terence wrote:For the first time I was enthusiastic about the taste of an olive oil.
Thats key, indeed.
The kernel contains all kind of toxins that taste bitter.
Unripe olives also contain (more mild) toxins, so that the best tasting olive oil indeed is most healthy.
Why do they like the bitter, acrid and stinging taste caused by unripe fruits and possibly toxic stones/kernels? One reason is that they believe that oils from unripe fruits are healthier, but I doubt that.
You are right.
Their reasoning is based on the medicinal properties of such toxins in given circumstances without taking into account their toxic properties, and thus the other effects on your body.
Of course we shouldnt eat something just because it has ingredients that have specific pharmaceutic properties, especially not because they are also known toxins.
BTW: Wine tastes also toxic to me since eating 100% raw food.
Yes, once you eat this way, its incredible hard to find a wine that actually tastes good.
Terence

Post by Terence »

RRM wrote:Thats key, indeed.
The kernel contains all kind of toxins that taste bitter.
Unripe olives also contain (more mild) toxins, so that the best tasting olive oil indeed is most healthy.
RRM, I have read somewhere here that you are on Wai's diet for ten years! I would really like to know which olive oils you prefer.
Could you PLEASE give me / us some recommendations!?

I know that there are thousands of olive oil brands available. But today it´s not a problem to buy anything anywhere, via internet. My idea is that we (Wai dieters) found our own olive panel, with much higher quality standards, of course. Smile. To keep it simple, everyone could just post his favourite brand. I believe that our taste buds on this diet develop very similar preferences.

Have you heard of other people having problems with pressed olive kernels?
Beside the three mentionend problems this 'kernel-oil' gives me also slight depressions / bad moods.

Next Oktober and November I will fly to South-Italy and Portugal to talk with olive oil producers about this issue.
RRM wrote:BTW: Wine tastes also toxic to me since eating 100% raw food.

Yes, once you eat this way, its incredible hard to find a wine that actually tastes good.
I guess that you have a full range of selection, during working hours. hehe
My favourite is still 'Green Wine' from Portugal, on rare occasions.

Terence
avo

Post by avo »

Count me in. I already have a sizable list of good and bad olive oil.

Oh, and expect the raw fish list, complete, later tonight. ;)
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Terence wrote:I would really like to know which olive oils you prefer.
Im under the impression that taste may differ per brand, from time to time, but currently I like the Bertoli (extra vergine), as its very mild.
Im sure there are better ones available, but it suits me fine.
To keep it simple, everyone could just post his favourite brand. I believe that our taste buds on this diet develop very similar preferences.
Good idea, as that seems to be true.
Can you please specify? (region, brand)
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

I use organic Greek olive oil from Fertilia. My favorite so far.
Terence

Post by Terence »

avo wrote:Count me in. I already have a sizable list of good and bad olive oil.
Could you please post your list here?

Terence
Terence

Post by Terence »

RRM wrote:
Can you please specify? (region, brand)
Oh, I can´t remember any brand names, as I usually avoid all alcohol like the plaque. Just ask for 'vinho verde' from Portugal. Every wine expert knows this type of wine from the north of Portugal. It´s very fruity and contains round about 9% alcohol.

Terence
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

I think this is the kind we often see here:

RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

:D
Thanks, im gonna try it some day...
dadasarah

Post by dadasarah »

Terence,

Thank you so much! I didn't know the stones of olives were included in most olive oils. I also have had cracking in my joints and concentration problems that I thought were due to blood sugar issues. I will experiment with a denocciolato oil and see if there is a difference.

Do you eat nuts, by the way? Do you have acne?

I dislike all alcohol now, as it's too dehydrating. :(

Cheers!

Sarah
"Dada is the sun. Dada is the egg. Dada is the Police of the Police." - Richard Huelsenbeck
Terence

Post by Terence »

dadasarah wrote:Terence,
Thank you so much! I didn't know the stones of olives were included in most olive oils. I also have had cracking in my joints and concentration problems that I thought were due to blood sugar issues. I will experiment with a denocciolato oil and see if there is a difference.
Do you eat nuts, by the way? Do you have acne?
Sarah
Hi Sarah,

please let me/us know if you feel any difference with oils made from olives without kernel. Unfortunately it´s not very easy to get them as there are only a few oil mills left producing this superior oil.

Here are three producers from Italy:

www.oliobarbera.com
www.divito.org
www.olioisnardi.it

Try this oil from Nice:

www.alziari.com.fr

It´s completely different from all other oils I have tried. It´s a MUST. The taste is amazing! The oil is not 'denocciolato' but made from very ripe olives with a completely different mill technique. They use water to extract the oil and skim it off like cream from milk. After 3-4 days this oil seems to give me no symptoms, so far.

I don´t eat nuts because I still don´t have a reliable source of 100% raw nuts. Nuts commercially available everywhere give me digestive problems.

Terence
dadasarah

Post by dadasarah »

Terence,

Finding a regular source of denocciolato oil seems to be more work than I'm willing to do and more money than I'm willing to spend. I decided instead to see if I could do without olive oil completely, and for a week and a half, I have with no problems. I feel better than ever. After two weeks of the sample diet I'm going to reintroduce the oil to verify its effects. I will report back.

I'm glad you brought this up because it makes a lot of sense to me. I've never really "liked" the taste of olive oil; I thought it was an acquired taste like alcohol and coffee. Maybe someday I'll splurge and try one of the good quality oils you mentioned.

Sarah
"Dada is the sun. Dada is the egg. Dada is the Police of the Police." - Richard Huelsenbeck
sula58

Post by sula58 »

I've tried a variety of olive oils. The one that I LOVE, which I could easily drink plain without any "ugh" feeling in my throat, is:

--bionaturae Organic (extr. virgin, cold-pressed) olive oil

(and it's readily available in most health stores on both the East and West coast in the U.S.)

Maybe it's yummy because they use very ripe olives only, or because it's organic. Could part of that stinging-in-throat feeling be pesticides? Or is that simply unripe olives?
avo

Post by avo »

Sula, I too enjoy the Bionature olive oil.

But the one I get most often is Napa Valley Naturals Organic EVOO. They also make non-organic extra virgin olive oil which is just as good.

I tend to use Vigo 'Extra Vergine Olio d'Oliva' from big 3 liter tins for my OJ. Not cheap, but not expensive either. Taste is ok, but too strong if you taste it by itself.

But my all-time, absolute favorite is from a small company in upstate NY, Ana Marie's Organic. The olives are grown to be fully ripe and then pressed on the family's organic olive farm in Portugal. There are fruity, extra fruity, nutty and buttery depending on which olives were used and how much acidity there is. I could literally drink the 'fruity' variety (0.5% acidity)! Sadly, I will have to wait until I go back to NY and then I will stock up. Almost $30 per liter. I will surely save it for special occasions. :wink: