Olive oil from ripe olives without kernel (denocciolato)

What oil? Which vinegar? What about sugar?
avo
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Post by avo »

Supremo olive oil (now organic?) is made by first taking out the pits. They are located in California. Read about them here:

http://www.creagri.com/news/rancho_supremo.html
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

$30, wow! That's always going to be a special occasion then... ;)
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Thank you Avo!
dadasarah

Post by dadasarah »

How much do people usually spend on olive oil? I can get a 500ml bottle of Mazola for $6 at a certain store, and that's one of the cheapest I've found (except for bulk, of course). I'm unwilling to pay more than $10. Actually now, I'm only buying the cheapest to cook with for my hubby since I've decided not to consume it anymore. I reintroduced it a couple days ago after two weeks of utter bliss and felt a familiar brain fog set in. Also, I experienced some muscle weakness that I had originally thought was lack of energy from not eating enough or lack of sleep. I didn't notice much of a change in my cracking joints, but I really don't remember when I haven't had those.

Yay! One tweaked step closer to my perfect version of the Wai diet. :D
"Dada is the sun. Dada is the egg. Dada is the Police of the Police." - Richard Huelsenbeck
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

I believe the olive oil I buy costs between 6 and 7 euros (8 - 9.5 dollars) per 500ml.
avo

Post by avo »

dadasarah, I don't think buying the cheapest stuff is a good indicator of how you will feel afterwards. Cheap stuff is cheap for a reason, whether it is diluted with other oils, have sticks and leaves that were crushed along with the olives, and don't forget about the pits. You should have tried an oil that was pitless.
dadasarah

Post by dadasarah »

Yes, avo, I agree. But since I'm unwilling to pay more, I think it's a good idea for me not to eat it at all. I don't miss it.
"Dada is the sun. Dada is the egg. Dada is the Police of the Police." - Richard Huelsenbeck
avo

Post by avo »

Update everyone,

I recently visited a local Italian market/specialty shop that I've heard good things about. Wow. If I had never heard about Wai, I'd probably shop there at least once everyday. Unbelievable amounts of interesting and freshly made foods, so many specialty foods, it really would have been overwhelming to my previous foodie self. The things I found there really impressed me. Check them out: http://www.mazzarosmarket.com/index.html

Anyways, I was browsing the extra virgin olive oil (which took up several entire shelving units) and came across a nice, tall, boxed-up one by Golan Olive Oil. A prominent tag nearby stated that this olive oil in "the golden seal bottle contains olive oil extracted of pitted olives. Clear, delicate & light..."

It was 24.99 for 750ml but I sprang for it because it truly piqued my curiosity. I'm eating some with tomatoes right now, and this really is unbelievable stuff. Pale in color, no sharpness whatsoever, only a rich nutty and fruity taste. I like it so much, I may go online and buy it in a 3L tin which is also available. Oh, the olives are all grown in the "Holy Land," specifically the slopes surrounding the Sea of Galilee.

They also have early season evoo and later season, when the olives ripen and turn black. Check them out: http://www.golanoliveoil.com

Later tonight I'm going to drizzle this oil on my Kobe beef carpaccio (yes, I bought Kobe beef from the market as well). Ah, bliss in food form.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Sounds good! Hopefully transportation to Europe is less costly... ;)
libellula

Post by libellula »

My parents went to Lucca and to the countryside of Lucca many times; a couple of times they came back with very good organic extra-virgin olive oils. The most they spent was 12 Euros.
There are perfectly affordable good olive oils. In my family, we prefer tuscan oils.
Anyway, I was told that "L'Albero d'Argento" is not bad at all. I have friends who have it sent to them from Sicily and I think I remember they spend 7 euros for a bottle. It's sicilian, there's the organic version too. I remember eating it two years ago, but that was before I discovered those oils from Lucca, so I can say that I thought it was good, but I think I preferred the oil coming from Lucca by far. I'm passing the suggestion on bc it doesn't cost much, so trying won't hurt.

-Libellula
Kasper

Re: Olive oil from ripe olives without kernel (denocciolato)

Post by Kasper »

I found here some special olive oils.
Do you think these are denacciolato?
It's in dutch:
http://www.kruidenenkeramiek.eu/olijfol ... nieuw2.pdf
Kasper

Post by Kasper »

By the way,
I found a site which sells very cheap denocciolato oil €7/L
http://www.oleumvieste.com/
The only problem is that you have to buy either:
5L x 4 (20 L)
3L x 6 (18L)
1L x 20 (20L)

If somebody wants else in the Netherlands want to try this denocciolato olive oil, post it here !
Maybe we can buy it together. I don't want to buy 18L in one time, but if there are 5 other person who want to try 3 L deoncciolato olive oil in Holland, we might be able to arrange something.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

I don't think they are denocciolato, as it doesn't say it anywhere in the folder.
I'd be up for it.
Kasper

Post by Kasper »

Okay great.
My fathers want 3L, for me 3L, for you 3L oscar?

Than we need 3 other persons
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Sure.