Olive oil and fatty acid balance

What oil? Which vinegar? What about sugar?
RRM
Administrator
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Post by RRM »

Ehrr, sorry Oscar, this thread (incl he first page) is mainly about the 6:3 balance.
But maybe you are referring to the "% of total fat" approach, which indeed includes omega 9 fats as well. It seems the most accepted approach.
Jodiat

Post by Jodiat »

I bring this up because i ve used the method of 1:1 o3-o6 before to control acne somewhat. When o6 ever went too high I seemed to breakout more.

Anyway like I said before omega 9 was never a problem before simply because I never ate nuts or olive oil and the small ammount of o9 that was in my diet was way lower then o3-o6.

Since using OO ive noticed its very drying and I read somewhere its a solvent for oils. Which in theory is good for acne! But I noticed days when I used 100ml instead of 50ml of OO the following 2-3 days I was breaking out alot more. Thats why I looked at this

http://209.85.229.132/search?q=cache:Oa ... clnk&gl=uk

And theres alot of negative talk about Oleic acid and its relation to acne.

My question would be is the breakouts from excess omega 9 or is the Oleic acid just drying up my oil and some is trapped and in time it will wort itself out?
When your breaking out alot you question anything...especially 'new' things added to the diet.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Jodiat wrote:Why has no-one mentioned the 'balance' without looking at Omega 9?
But that's what the question was about, no? "...the 'balance' without looking at omega-9". :)
Jodiat

Post by Jodiat »

figure of speach :p
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Jodiat wrote:I bring this up because i ve used the method of 1:1 o3-o6 before to control acne somewhat.
The problem with this is that it did not work 100%. And if it doesnt work 100%, you cannot be sure that it works at all, because you can never fully predict the results, so that all results may be purely coincidental.
Lots of people found lots of somewhat correlations with acne, but a somewhat correlation is not THE cause in you. If you do this diet correctly, you will find out whether it is THE cause for you. Just simply ignore the fatty acid balance for now, and focus on doing the diet 100% strictly.
Then you will know.
I read somewhere its a solvent for oils. Which in theory is good for acne!
Acne is not caused by oil.
Excessive oil production is a symptom of dehydrated skin; the oil is a protective measure to prevent further dehydration.
Acne correlates to (moderate) skin edema, in which water is distracted from the outer skin (into the second layer of the skin), so that in acne there is often excessive oil production in combination with dry skin.
My question would be is the breakouts from excess omega 9 or is the Oleic acid just drying up my oil and some is trapped and in time it will wort itself out?
Oil and sebum are not the same. Yes, sebum can get trapped, but the dehydration of the sbum is the result of getting trapped.
When your breaking out alot you question anything...especially 'new' things added to the diet.
I understand.
Please just try to follow all the rules of the diet very strictly, without adding or leaving anything, and lets see what the results are after a couple of weeks.
Then we will see again, ok?
Jodiat

Post by Jodiat »

What I meant with the omega3-6 is that balance was good very close to 1:1 and this helped alot...but then eating somthing like alot of junk food, drinking or excess fats, proteins or simple carbs would cause me to breakout.
The balance was fine when balanced and when I was 100% (on a different diet then this) I was clearing 99% so I had my munch food and could always follow or have some idea on any new breakouts.
The problem came when I stop that diet due to a sweet tooth or tried to bulk up I followed wrong diets and my acne didnt enjoy it but I did end up big.

I was following it fine untill I used more olive oil and I broke out alot more - now Ive stopped and breakouts are stopping too. So im only exercising caution...its fine saying keep using it but im only calling it how I see it. Using it seems to be a problem and since stopping problem solved. I might be fine using it one day but not yet.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Of course its perfectly fine not to use oo.
Just dont judge the oo yet until you are 100% clear
and ready to experiment.
Jodiat

Post by Jodiat »

Yeh I dont see a real problem not using olive oil and I really want to use olive oil! Im not against it because I simply cant say for sure what the problem is for me.

I do hope with all my heart I can clear with 50-70ml olive oil!