Olive oil and fatty acid balance

What oil? Which vinegar? What about sugar?
Seth
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Post by Seth »

Terence wrote: I have to correct me. Humans have not eaten meat for thousands of years, but for millions of years.
Humans (homo sapiens) haven't been around for a million years. More like around 200,000, or are you talking about homo erectus, which is extinct?
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

I hope this doesn't set me apart as some kind of nut case, but keep in mind all these ages are theories.
Terence

Post by Terence »

avo wrote:Could you cite that claim?
Just read some athropological studies. There are tons of material about human brain development and animal food intake.
avo wrote:Show me where prepared lard and sliced meat was available without human intervention? I really love your logic.
I don´t recommend lard and I don´t need sliced meat.
avo wrote:Also, how often are you likely to come across such prizes? Other animals have better hunting skills and senses that you, and will ultimately beat you to the finish line. Unless you feel like battling a wolf pack for its dinner, the best I could say is that you have mostly balls, some brawn, but not much brain.
Humans are the most dangerous hunters.

Terence
Terence

Post by Terence »

Oscar wrote:
Terence wrote:I have to correct me. Humans have not eaten meat for thousands of years, but for millions of years. That simply shows that we are able to eat meat and survived on meat. In most regions there were no fruits, but wild animals and humans. Humans lived on more than 95% animal food.
Unfortunately just another theory.
Oscar, please give me your picture.
Do you think that humans lived in a fruit orchard?
Where did they live? Any ideas?
If you are sure that a high sugar diet is ideal for you, you must have any imagination or concept to be able to believe this...
I don´t see any logical picture here so far.

Terence
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

We've had a number of discussions about this subject, where I have explained my position, so please look there.
A link about human gut morphology: http://www.journals.uchicago.edu/cgi-bi ... 086/300099
Terence wrote:Obviously zipping sugar juice every 10-15 minutes is requiered on this diet in the long-run. This would lead me into psychotic illness.
No, this is not required. It makes things easier and minimizes insuline use, but it isn't necessary per se.
Yesterday I was at a party, and I noticed people sipping their drinks (at least) as frequent as I was sipping mine. While I cannot vouch the mental stability of everyone, as they were mostly musicians, I don't think most of them had any psychotic illnesses. ;)
avalon

Post by avalon »

Good Morning all!

Oscar wrote:
No, this is not required. It makes things easier and minimizes insuline use, but it isn't necessary per se.
Yesterday I was at a party, and I noticed people sipping their drinks (at least) as frequent as I was sipping mine. While I cannot vouch the mental stability of everyone, as they were mostly musicians, I don't think most of them had any psychotic illnesses.
I agree, drinking juice is not required. It an energy alternative. But it makes things easier for you, and works for RRM and others. It's important to remember these are our personal choices.

People at a party sipping drinks! That's funny Oscar! Come on. Parties last a couple of hours and can hardly be used as a comparison for every day life and often include alcohol. ehh unless it's a Wai Party! :D
dionysus

Post by dionysus »

I agree with Avalon. Unfortuanetly it does take a long time to adjust.

It's kind of weird really...i was struggling with this diet big style in the beginning.

I wasn't drinking regularly enough, and when i was drinking i was drinking too much sugar.

So i would go from sugar high to sugar low. Not good.

Then i found this forum and adapted the diet to drinking more often (whenever i FEEL like my body needs energy) and i also changed the sugar:fat ratio.

I don't do any exercise and i don't do much apart from sit at a desk and study. So i changed my sugar:fat ratio from 2:1 to more like 1:1 and it made me feel better. I still had a lot of energy but less edgy and more calm.

The only helping hand i can give is

(1) Try and go on the Sample Diet to learn to listen to your body. So you know when it requires energy. Essential really.
(2) If the 2:1 ratio doesn't suit you (everyones lifestyle is different) try and adjust it.

:)
Negativity is the cult of the weak
Seth

Post by Seth »

dionysus wrote: (2) If the 2:1 ratio doesn't suit you (everyones lifestyle is different) try and adjust it.
So you add approximately two tablespoons of oil (28 g) to 8 oz of OJ (26g)? How many calories do you end up with each day?
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

dionysus wrote:Mods if you have time. Thanks.
Done. :)
dionysus

Post by dionysus »

Seth wrote:
dionysus wrote: (2) If the 2:1 ratio doesn't suit you (everyones lifestyle is different) try and adjust it.
So you add approximately two tablespoons of oil (28 g) to 8 oz of OJ (26g)? How many calories do you end up with each day?
I believe its energy ratio not weight ratio

I take 300ml of OO every day.

I take 1 Litre of OJ add 150 ml OO
I take 2 kgs of Apples add 150 ml OO

I drink the OJ in the morning till dinner, and i have the apple juice from dinner to night.

I take about 4-5000 kcal a day.

PS Thanks Oscar. :)
dionysus

Post by dionysus »

PS that should read:

I take 2 kgs of Apple, juice them and then add 150 ml OO

...just incase there is some confusion.
dionysus

Post by dionysus »

PPS Seth you were right. It is weight ratio. Just had a looksy. :)
Seth

Post by Seth »

dionysus wrote:PPS Seth you were right. It is weight ratio. Just had a looksy. :)
Thank you, dionysus. I may give that 1:1 approach a try to see what happens.
Jodiat

Post by Jodiat »

Why has no-one mentioned the 'balance' without looking at Omega 9?
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

On the first page of this thread.