Olive oil and fatty acid balance

What oil? Which vinegar? What about sugar?
Terence
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Post by Terence »

RRM wrote:
Terence wrote:That´s crazy. The next step would be intravenous nutrition.
Many animals eat almost continously, especially those that rely on a primarily plant based diet.Nothing crazy about that.
Do you think that this diet is impossible with only 4-5 meals per day? If I want to gain weight, it would be better to eat large meals, right?

RRM wrote:
Terence wrote:as a waiter, I guess you are far away from athletic performance.
What is that supposed to mean?
I do need a lot of calories due to my level physical activity (speedwalking around all day)
I meant that you don´t need physical strength and fitness like a professional sportsman. 'Speedwalking' is a somewhat 'light' activity.

RRM wrote:
Terence wrote:What happens if you eat a relatively high amount of sugar in one meal, for example 5-6 bananas at once.
I cannot eat that much.
I can eat half my salad at once, but that just makes me lazy.
That´s funny. If I eat 4-5 bananas I still have the feeling that I have eaten not very much. Do you get stomach aches or other digestive stress if you eat a 'little' more solid food? Would you get withdrawal symptoms without your bottle of OJ for, let me say 24 hours?

RRM wrote:
Terence wrote:Ok, farmed salmon and egg yolks. Anything else?
What has variety to do with that?
Both are very different from their counterparts in wild nature. Therefore I avoid them. Then the question for alternatives arises.

RRM wrote:
Terence wrote:If I eat to much sugar/fruit my body is not able to digest more than minimal amounts of raw animal food.
How do you know?
1. My taste for animal food diminishes. 2. Digestive stress, bloating, constipation.

RRM wrote:I understand your concerns, very much. On this diet Im very much a fighter though and my sex drive is perfectly okay as well.
I do know that your sex drive goes down when not enough energy is ingested all the time.
We don´t know the condition of a RRM on another diet...
But nevertheless, I will continue to see if my problems are just due to a kind of adaption that is still in progress. 5-6 weeks are not enough to draw definitive conclusions, I think/ I hope.

Terence
avalon

Post by avalon »

Terence wrote:
I can´t fight any more. I feel like a happy loser. Something may be wrong. I don´t know. Nevertheless I know that our society is 'wrong'. But the inability to fight frustrates me. Furthermore my sexual power decreases when I eat a lot of fruit. Any comments?
There's a forum I visit that tries for an all meat diet. Some there complain of low sex drive. I think the women are horny as hell :shock: (if you read this girls, you know what I mean).

When I discovered Wai, I was also exploring parts of the Primal Diet, so i've been eating raw liver, buffalo etc. But what if our digestive systems change because we aren't supposed to eat meat? Withdrawl sysmptoms can take many forms. Maybe we aren't supposed to fight and be so aggresive. Oh what the hell do I know. My brain is jumbled from left over glue from childhood 8) Or is it... detox :D
dadasarah

Post by dadasarah »

That´s funny. If I eat 4-5 bananas I still have the feeling that I have eaten not very much.
That's way too much sugar all at once. Your stomach is used to being given large amounts of protein. You need to let it get used to smaller, lighter meals that serve your energy needs. Try this: Take a SMALL sip of OJ or a bite of banana and wait for at least 15 minutes to see what happens. You should feel an increase then decrease in energy. Pay very close attention. Practice this often. You don't need to eat as often as RRM, but you need to eat close to the recommended 9 meals a day like Wai Says.
Do you think that this diet is impossible with only 4-5 meals per day? If I want to gain weight, it would be better to eat large meals, right?
Check out the threads under Muscle Gain. You need to eat smaller meals more often.
"Dada is the sun. Dada is the egg. Dada is the Police of the Police." - Richard Huelsenbeck
Terence

Post by Terence »

avalon wrote:There's a forum I visit that tries for an all meat diet. Some there complain of low sex drive. I think the women are horny as hell :shock: (if you read this girls, you know what I mean).
You mean http://activenocarber.myfreeforum.org/index.php ?
Not much activity there. Any other suggestions?
avalon wrote:When I discovered Wai, I was also exploring parts of the Primal Diet, so i've been eating raw liver, buffalo etc. But what if our digestive systems change because we aren't supposed to eat meat? Withdrawl sysmptoms can take many forms. Maybe we aren't supposed to fight and be so aggresive. Oh what the hell do I know. My brain is jumbled from left over glue from childhood 8) Or is it... detox :D
Without meat (animal food) you will die. Without fruit nothing happens.
Don´t believe the detox stories of AV. It´s a dairy problem.

I like it to fight and succeed. And girls like men who fight. In nature there are no Garden of Eden like fruit orchards. Nowhere. At least in Africa. And even in wild tropical jungles it´s not easy to find fruits. I have tried it several times. The cold climate in Europe was one of the original reasons for us to fight. Weak raw foodists like vegans or fruitarians often say things like 'Peace for everyone' or 'Let´s die in peace' because they feel that they can´t succeed anymore and are always physically and mentally inferior. But I still don´t know if tiny amounts of raw animal food could be sufficient in the long-run. My teeth, gums and brain don´t agree with fruity ideas so far. Time will tell.

Terence
Terence

Post by Terence »

dadasarah wrote:That's way too much sugar all at once. Your stomach is used to being given large amounts of protein. You need to let it get used to smaller, lighter meals that serve your energy needs. Try this: Take a SMALL sip of OJ or a bite of banana and wait for at least 15 minutes to see what happens. You should feel an increase then decrease in energy. Pay very close attention. Practice this often. You don't need to eat as often as RRM, but you need to eat close to the recommended 9 meals a day like Wai Says.
If I eat a BITE of banana, nothing happens. I feel nothing, fortunately. Otherwise, I suggest that you have entered a prediabetic condition.
dadasarah wrote:Check out the threads under Muscle Gain. You need to eat smaller meals more often.
Ok, thanks. I will try it. But please, let me eat more than a bite of banana. hehe

Terence
dadasarah

Post by dadasarah »

If I eat a BITE of banana, nothing happens. I feel nothing, fortunately. Otherwise, I suggest that you have entered a prediabetic condition.
Did you try it with the OJ? That is more clear. You also must be hungry (lacking energy) for this to work. Maybe try it first thing in the morning? If you have 15 minutes to spare, of course. Here are some quotes from RRM:
Consuming 4 or 5 meals instead of 9, you will be ingesting more energy per meal, so that a lower percentage of the energy ingested is actually used to replenish blood energy, and higher the percentage of energy stored as fat.
There is no connection between 'stomach-hunger' and the 'direct need for energy', and also not for 'stored energy'.
The growling noises are caused when your stomach has been active, digesting food, and then the digested food is gone to the bowels, and the digestive juices are still in your stomach. If you just 'sit it through', the digestive juices in your stomach will decrease and the growling will stop.
But, that doesnt mean you should ignore your body's need for energy.
On the contrary. You just need to know where to listen to.
Not to your stomach. But to your blood energy levels; your energy level.
To what extend the glycogen depots are empty you can feel by flexing your muscles. If they feel powerful, you are not lacking glycogen. If they feel weak, there is probably not much glycogen in the muscles.
When the liver glycogen depot is (nearly) empty, you have become more sensitive to fluctuating blood energy levels.
Eventually, its about learning to recognise the signals, which are there, but unnoticed due to the stronger feelings of cravings.
The sugar isnt bad, its just that we need to learn to deal with it.
I used to experience such rushes too, way before this diet.
Before this diet, I could eat 12 apples or 6 bananas in one setting. Now i have difficulties eating one banana in one setting. Usually I finish it in about 15 minutes.
The same with drinking juice etc.
I like it to fight and succeed. And girls like men who fight. In nature there are no Garden of Eden like fruit orchards. Nowhere. At least in Africa. And even in wild tropical jungles it´s not easy to find fruits. I have tried it several times. The cold climate in Europe was one of the original reasons for us to fight. Weak raw foodists like vegans or fruitarians often say things like 'Peace for everyone' or 'Let´s die in peace' because they feel that they can´t succeed anymore and are always physically and mentally inferior. But I still don´t know if tiny amounts of raw animal food could be sufficient in the long-run. My teeth, gums and brain don´t agree with fruity ideas so far. Time will tell.
If you feel better on a low sugar diet, do it.

I like men who negotiate.
"Dada is the sun. Dada is the egg. Dada is the Police of the Police." - Richard Huelsenbeck
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

Terence wrote: Do you think that this diet is impossible with only 4-5 meals per day?
Many days I eat like this and feel fine.
Terence wrote: I meant that you don´t need physical strength and fitness like a professional sportsman. 'Speedwalking' is a somewhat 'light' activity.
It may not take stength but to be on your feet for a full shift of moving around takes fitness.
Terence wrote:Would you get withdrawal symptoms without your bottle of OJ for, let me say 24 hours?
That is a funny question. If you go by the strict definition of addiction (being physically or mentally dependent), I guess we are all food adicts and I guess hunger and low energy is our withdrawl. I don't look at food that way. It isn't something forms a tolerance. But like some drugs, you will get sick if you don't get food, but that applies to anybody, nut just people who sip OJ frequently.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Terence wrote:Do you think that this diet is impossible with only 4-5 meals per day?
Not at all, but then your sugar intake needs to be low.
If I want to gain weight, it would be better to eat large meals, right?
Not at all. An important factor in gaining muscle weight is preventing loss of muscles in between meals. It all depends on what you eat. bulking up on glycogen you can perfectly do on small meals as well.
RRM wrote:'Speedwalking' is a somewhat 'light' activity.
Not at all when you do that all day. Then it requires lots of sugars.
RRM wrote:If I eat 4-5 bananas I still have the feeling that I have eaten not very much.
I had that before I was on this diet.
Do you get stomach aches or other digestive stress if you eat a 'little' more solid food?
No. My stomach is full.
Imagine you have eaten a very large meal (for you). THAT feeling.
Would you get withdrawal symptoms without your bottle of OJ for, let me say 24 hours?
No. Just very little energy. I wouldnt run. And when i force myself to, adrenaline takes over, and i loose muscles fast. (I have had a situation where i had no choice)
Terence wrote:
RRM wrote:
Terence wrote:If I eat to much sugar/fruit my body is not able to digest more than minimal amounts of raw animal food.
How do you know?
1. My taste for animal food diminishes. 2. Digestive stress, bloating, constipation.
Of course you shouldnt eat them in one meal. There should be plenty of time in between them.
I will continue to see if my problems are just due to a kind of adaption that is still in progress. 5-6 weeks are not enough to draw definitive conclusions, I think/ I hope.
You also might try a different approach:
What could i do better? (Wai's Way)
After all, if you want to try Wai's diet, you need to try it her way.
avalon

Post by avalon »

Terence wrote:
Without meat (animal food) you will die. Without fruit nothing happens.
Don´t believe the detox stories of AV. It´s a dairy problem.
Why hasn't everyone over at alissa cohen's Raw Food site keeled over dead, or other Vegans. Yes I've know what BeyondVeg says, but I'm not so sure you can't live without animal flesh. So pop a B12 pill. Is everyone cheating on animal flesh behind the livingroom curtain? Maybe. But I'm still not convinced. Could Gandhi manage it, no. But I'm still unsure, I suppose because I haven't tried it yet. And there seem to be people doing it even though everyone says it can't be done.

Yeah, the Detox plant, was a joke, sorry :roll:

RRM wrote:
You also might try a different approach:
What could i do better? (Wai's Way)
After all, if you want to try Wai's diet, you need to try it her way.
You mean the 100% Sample Diet- now the WaiDiet, not the other diet in the Free Acne Book. It's good to be specific.
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

without meat you will die? What would the cause of death be specifically?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

I think he meant animal food in general (egg yolks, fish etc), though his claim is a bit blunt.
Seth

Post by Seth »

RRM wrote:
Terence wrote:Do you think that this diet is impossible with only 4-5 meals per day?
Not at all, but then your sugar intake needs to be low.
RRM, could you give an example of what and/or how one would eat in order to maintain the diet on 4-5 meals per day?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Seth wrote:RRM, could you give an example of what and/or how one would eat in order to maintain the diet on 4-5 meals per day?
More fat and more protein (animal food), and salads instead of fruits. (avocado, tomato, cucumber, oil)
Seth

Post by Seth »

RRM wrote:
Seth wrote:RRM, could you give an example of what and/or how one would eat in order to maintain the diet on 4-5 meals per day?
More fat and more protein (animal food), and salads instead of fruits. (avocado, tomato, cucumber, oil)
In terms of percentage, what would you have to limit your carbs to? Isn't there a minimum that you need in order for your brain to function properly?
avalon

Post by avalon »

Hey Seth, I think it's been suggested that 100 to 140 is needed for base functioning. Not quoting however, so anyone feel free to jump in.