How much sugar does your body need per day?

What oil? Which vinegar? What about sugar?
dionysus
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

How much sugar does your body need per day?

Post by dionysus »

If sipping every 10-20 mins would about 200g be sufficient?

Thinking about going for a evens ratio between fat and sugar. Or even a higher ratio of fat.

I feel better with more fat in my body. Sugar puts me slightly more on edge if you know what i mean and as our body knows best i thought i should take heed.

And ideas, comments fire away. :)
Negativity is the cult of the weak
avalon

Post by avalon »

Do you mean, how many carbohydarets does your body, brain need per day to function?

I have read about 130 grams of carbohydrates a day for normal operation.
Meaning body-brain you know.

Best wishes,
Avalon :D
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

don't you muscles need sugar, too? I'm mean even if you aren't exercising, like your lungs and heart.

What do we need to maintain metabolism? Like to maintain our body heat, does that come from sugar?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

The body can use energy-containing compounds for energy,such as sugars, protein, fats and alcohol.
Where it takes its energy from is largely determined by what you eat, but its also true that the brain needs about 150 grams of glucose daily, and that the intestines and the heart use fatty acids, but then again, our body can make fatty acids from glucose and other energy sources, and vice versa.

What you need very much depends on how active you are (muscles need glucose, even when not exercising) and how energetic and happy you want to feel (optimum neurotransmitter metabolism requires certain blood glucose, fatty acid and amino acid levels, which is individually different).

So, you will just need to start experimenting with the balances of your energy intake, to see what suits you (and your body) best.