coconut oil burning calories

What oil? Which vinegar? What about sugar?
johndela1
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

coconut oil burning calories

Post by johndela1 »

I've read that coconut oil can increase our metabolism and actually cause us to burn more than we ingest.

Is this possible?

I have heard that there are some negative calorie foods, but from what I've seen they are so because they have almost no calories and you burn more chewing than you get. Like celery. Even if celery is a negative calorie food, it isn't at all satisfying and doesn't burn much.
RRM
Administrator

Re: coconut oil burning calories

Post by RRM »

johndela1 wrote:I've read that coconut oil can increase our metabolism and actually cause us to burn more than we ingest.

Is this possible?
Our metabolism is influenced by many factors, but our body tries to counteract any imbalancing effects, so that when experiments show effects of specific molecules on the metabolic rate of targeted cells, we cannot extrapolate that to the functioning of our entire body.
So, no, consuming coconut oil will not 'help you burn calories'. You dont any help with that anyway. Yes, different nutrients have differential effects, but you dont need to worry about your metabolism.
Burning more calories than we ingest happens a lot; as often as burning less calories than ingested (when you dont gain / lose weight).
Losing weight by taking coconut oil is nonsense, as that does not determine your overal food intake and energy expenditure.