Avocados n yolks as only fatsources? Olives?

What oil? Which vinegar? What about sugar?
MariaLinn
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Avocados n yolks as only fatsources? Olives?

Post by MariaLinn »

Hey! Ive been on this diet for a while now (LOVE IT :D) and I dont really like oliveoil, nuts or raw fish at all so I was wondering if it is safe to base my fat-intake on just yolks and avocados, with my fruits. Or is there somthing I will be missing when it comes to nutrients if I eat like that? I really really hope not, but it seems almost too good to be true to not have to eat oil, fish or nuts for me :wink:

Thanks alot for this great board!
RRM
Administrator

Re: Avocados n yolks as only fatsources?

Post by RRM »

If you eat fruits, and avocado and egg yolks, no you are not missing out on fats in general, omega 3 fats, or other nutrients, though it would help regarding specific omega 3 fats to occasionally eat some raw fish.
Is there really no fish at all that you like?
did you try surfclams?
they taste like chicken.
MariaLinn

Post by MariaLinn »

Hello! Thank you so much for your answer, and all of you mod's work on this great board :)

No havnt tried them Im afraid I don't like any meatfood at all and never really have that much. But I did get Omega 3 supplements 2 weeks ago and already (imagining) they make my mood even better! But you always read stuff about how supplements (vitamins and stuff) are never as good as the natural source, of course, but does that go for omega 3 oil supplements as well, do you know? Since omega 3 is so good for the skin and all, and since one guy wrote in a thread on this board that his skin was sooo much calmer after munchfoods when he ate more omega 3. But If you say that even my original diet (without the supplements) is ok Im definatly calmer about this issue :)

But since my diet now consists of a whole bunch of avocados for fat then, I have been eating them with bananas to, but always the banana first. And Ive been searching about this and have found so different answers everywhere, both from you guys on this board and from wai on the old boards. Some threads say combining avocados with banana just can cause gasses/bloating (but its very individual) And some (one?) thread/answer says It can cause acne because of impared digestion... Do you know if acne from avo+bananas are common and will I really feel it If digestion becomes impared? Like constipation and stomach cramps or can digestion be impared and show almost no sign at all?

I sometimes feel a little stomach-bloated some evenings(often after having the yolks(50g) and 1 banana) but its hard to tell if it is bacause stress, tension, fiber or the food combos. So if digestion for instance becomes impared from one particullar meal, avo+banana or yolks+banana, does the stomach/body/gasses show signs of this immediatly (10 min - 1 hour) after consuming the meal? Or could bloating in the evening be the cause of something eaten like 6-12 hours ago? Been trying to figure this out but Its just so different from day to day and it would be great to know this so I can know what causes bloating now and then...

Im not having any acne as long as Im on this 100% sample diet (wich I still love btw :D ) but every once in a while I have a small muchitem in social gatherings and always have a couple of new zits from that so maybe the breakout could be smaller if I didnt combine avo+bananas as much as I do? But whats kept me from experimenting on this is just that I cant stand oil and feel I really love and need my 4 bananas a day. And right now four of my meals are banana+avocado+apple, every day. But the thing is I dont get bloated everyday, wierd...? :)
claireelis

Post by claireelis »

hey marialinn, really cool that you've got your acne under control :) i find that i get bloating within 30 minutes of eating the wrong thing, gassiness - i don't know the time frame for that but i'm guessing much longer as its a result of fermentation (e.g. of fiber). i usually get bloated after eating fibery fruit like an apple - it goes away quickly too, but maybe it's the apple that's causing your problems? i try to eat fibery fruit on an empty stomach no mixed with anything else. let us know what works for you!
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Combining avocado with banana should be fine. If you're very sensitive (like me), then combining banana with egg yolk could be the culprit.

Aww, you don't like salmon sashimi?
MariaLinn

Post by MariaLinn »

claireelis wrote:hey marialinn, really cool that you've got your acne under control :) i find that i get bloating within 30 minutes of eating the wrong thing, gassiness - i don't know the time frame for that but i'm guessing much longer as its a result of fermentation (e.g. of fiber). i usually get bloated after eating fibery fruit like an apple - it goes away quickly too, but maybe it's the apple that's causing your problems? i try to eat fibery fruit on an empty stomach no mixed with anything else. let us know what works for you!
Yes :D This awsome diet really saved my life! And its so damn delischious, sad that its not more well known, among skindoctors and their patients especially...

Ok, 30 min after does seem resonable I agree on that :) The only refference I have is sugerfree aspartame-candy wich I ate alot of before and that made me really bloated/gassy about 6 hours later and alot of acne the day after, but I guess the aspartame and bad stuff that are in there takes alot longer to be broken down and cause the bloat-reaction than fruitmeals.

And I totally agree about the apple-thing youre mentioning! Its fine for me when eaten alone (or with a lil oil) but mildly bloating when mixing w other fruits. I wonder if this can have any effect whatsoever on acne...? have you noticed difference in your skin compared to when you eat them alone for periods of time?

This is wierd, but a meal with 1avocado+1banana+1apple causes me less/no bloating than a meal of 1apple+1banana+oil, have no clue why, try it and see how you react to that? :)
MariaLinn

Post by MariaLinn »

Oscar wrote:Combining avocado with banana should be fine. If you're very sensitive (like me), then combining banana with egg yolk could be the culprit.

Aww, you don't like salmon sashimi?
Great to hear that!
Ah i see, the banana+yolk combo seems to work for me with no problem only sometimes, but more often im finding it bloating almost directly afterwards. Noticed a difference when swiching to sugar+yolk, but I was sure I had red in more than one thread that banana+yolk was fine so i just told myself it was due to a lil stress just that day or whatever, but now I know, thanks :)

Hm, Ive never really liked fish or fish related stuff since I was about 10, always found myself disgusted by the smell of it, but its about time now once and for all for me to cure this fish-phobia :D and really try to eat some! So if i were to choose a beginners-fish, so to speak, would you think the salmon sashimi is the best or the surfclams that RRM mentioned or maybe raw mackarel...?
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Maybe go to a japanese restaurant and try some tuna/salmon? In a restaurant the mackerel is usually cured (with salt and wine).
MariaLinn

Post by MariaLinn »

I had thoughts of that too but i bought a fresh salmon piece from the store just yesterday for the first time and actually discovered it was a million times more delischious raw than any cooked fish ive ever smelt/tasted. Just a fresh mild taste - Im suprised! :D And fish-phobia cured, hehe, thx for your push in the right direction 8)
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Good to hear! :)
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Wonderful... 8)
CY

Post by CY »

If you like olives, you can try raw, low-sodium or sodium-free, sundried or jarred (although I'm skeptical of the jarred) olives. I havn't been able to find any such olives in any store anywhere, but they can be ordered online.

Example:
http://www.rawguru.com/store/raw-food/s ... 11-oz.html

The olives are an easy-to-carry fat source, and I have found them convenient when it would be awkward to down some oil quickly.

:P
MariaLinn

Post by MariaLinn »

Oh they look delicious! :P Olives use to be one of my favourite foods, havnt eaten them in forever now, even forgot about them (must be a deadly sin). Sadly they cant be found anywhere here either. Thanx for that tip, definatly going to get me a huge supply of those.