Sugar vs No sugar

What oil? Which vinegar? What about sugar?
Mr. PC
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Post by Mr. PC »

Isn't table sugar pure glucose?

Does this mean that the peak from eating an orange or apple, isn't as bad as one from candy, because of the fructose?

What if they made a candy with fructose?
Iris

Post by Iris »

Mr. PC wrote:Isn't table sugar pure glucose?
The answer to this question you can simply find in this thread, a few posts above.... :wink:
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

From another thread:
MrPC wrote: Sometimes when I'm out, I'll carry packets of sugar, mostly in case my juice runs out and sometimes when my pretend-to-be-diabetic doesn't work at concerts etc.

Is there any reason not to do this? How little sugar would I have to eat at once to not get a harmful insulin response? There's no information on the packets, but I think one is about a teaspoon's worth, and I usually divide it by 5.

I generally don't have a fat source when eating these either.

Also, would this be ore likely to rot teeth than juice? Or maybe it's better because of the low acid.

If a person had no other food source for a day, they wouldn't be too bad off to eat sugar packs, or maybe sugar water, and than a small multi-vitamin and some eggyolks at the end of the day; would they?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

MrPC wrote: Is there any reason not to do this?
Dont do it when you have other options (dried fruits, nuts etc),
as sugar doesnt contain other nutrients.
How little sugar would I have to eat at once to not get a harmful insulin response?
Listen to your body, it will tell you.
I generally don't have a fat source when eating these either.
Thats ok, if it isnt too much.
Listen to your body.
Also, would this be ore likely to rot teeth than juice?
Juice is less sugar, but more acids.
So, not much difference, i guess.
If a person had no other food source for a day, they wouldn't be too bad off to eat sugar packs, or maybe sugar water, and than a small multi-vitamin and some eggyolks at the end of the day; would they?
Correct, if you have no other options.