Oil/Sugar Ratio? How exact?

What oil? Which vinegar? What about sugar?
shanni82
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Oil/Sugar Ratio? How exact?

Post by shanni82 »

Okay, so I'm having some hangups about the sugar/oil ratio. I read in the book that it is roughly 1 g fat for every 2 g carbs (or is it sugar grams no carb grams?)

I'm eating a variety of fruit and since I am trying to get rid of acne AND excess weight, I'm concerned about falling short or having too much fat. I'm not juicing, just eating whole fruits or tomato-cucumber salad.

Is there any kind of guideline to help me eyeball it? I made a list of the carb grams in the fruit I tend to eat, but it meant that with just one pear I need about 2-1/4 tsp. oil...

I'm seeing better skin, I just also want to lose weight. My only experience in weight loss success was cutting my calories to 800 cals a day or less. i lost 100 pounds that way, but then I got a sedentary job and quit watching what I ate.... all downhill from there.

I just want to get the amount of fat right here.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

The 2:1 sugar (carbs in the calculator) to fat ratio is a guideline. The more active you are the higher the ratio should be. 2 1/4 tsp for a pear could be right, but it doesn't have to be that precise.

Losing weight can take a while (which is good). Your body needs to adjust to the new way of eating, and after that you'll have to learn to listen to your body. During that fine tuning process you will slowly get to your ideal weight.
shanni82

Post by shanni82 »

thanks for clearing that up! i will try to not fret about "slower" weight loss!
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

:)

One thing at a time. ;)