Sesame Oil?

What oil? Which vinegar? What about sugar?
martianwarrior
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Sesame Oil?

Post by martianwarrior »

just wondering if sesame oil is wai friendly, they're calling it an edible vegetable oil on wikipedia :? i know vegetable oil is no good, but i wasn't sure if that means it contains similar qualities.

it has tons of good qualities like antioxidants, vitamins and minerals. it tastes great on watermelon so i was just curious as to whether or not it contains any toxins or anything else.

this is all i could find about its negative aspects. it seems mostly safe if you don't consume a lot of it...

Sesame oil is not known to be harmful when taken in recommended dosages, though the long-term effects of taking sesame-derived remedies (in any amount) have not been investigated. Due to lack of sufficient medical study, sesame oil should be used with caution in children, women who are pregnant or breast-feeding, and people with liver or kidney disease.

Because of its laxative effects, sesame oil should not be used by people who have diarrhea.

No more than 10% of a person's total caloric intake should be derived from polyunsaturated fats such as those found in sesame oil, according to the American Heart Association.[25]

Oil massage should be avoided immediately after administering enemas, emetics or purgatives, during the first stages of fever or if suffering from indigestion.[19]

People who are allergic to peanuts are likely to be more susceptible to sesame allergy. Allergy to peanuts is one of the most common allergies, and can lead to anaphylactic shock which can be fatal. Persons allergic to sesame seeds should be cautious about using sesame oil.

all in all, i'm sure it's fine. just curious.
"the purpose is not to disengage from the physical universe. the purpose is to manifest the essence of what you are so completely that you are an aspect of the creation of the physical universe."
summerwave

sesame oil

Post by summerwave »

I do not know about a lot of the above, but sesame oil, like olive oil, is very high in phenols.

If you are sensitive to phenols and salicylates in foods, it is hard to take. These are the types of substances that special diets like the Feingold Diet restrict. Other than this information, I do not know, and do not use it myself.
martianwarrior

Post by martianwarrior »

do you not use them because you're prone to acne? that's not why i'm on the diet and i had good skin before starting wai. i've used these oils in the past without any bad reactions.

what's the significance of these oils containing phenols?
"the purpose is not to disengage from the physical universe. the purpose is to manifest the essence of what you are so completely that you are an aspect of the creation of the physical universe."
summerwave

phenols/salicylates

Post by summerwave »

Phenols are just a component of fresh foods that you may (or may not) have a sensitivity to.

I have a slight sensitivity to phenols and salicylates so I eat lower-salicylate fruits and do not use olive oil on this diet. It is something you may encounter if you start this diet and start eating far more fruit than you ever did before, so it is useful to mention it.

It was just something I added as a characteristic of sesame oil that is also something relevant to some on the diet who are suddenly eating lots of fruits.
martianwarrior

Post by martianwarrior »

thanks i'll have to keep an eye on that...

in what way are you sensitive? does it make you break out?
summerwave

phenols/salicylates

Post by summerwave »

My body's digestion does not work well, and I get mental effects.

Also with tannins and sulfites. I have a very limited diet. The tannins and sulfite problem is due to mercury amalgam illness and the complications thereof.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

If you only want to use it for the "good" qualities, don't bother. We get everything we need from the standard foods on the diet. There are no 'magic' nutrients like antioxidants, which would make you healthier if you consume a lot of it. Most seeds do contain some harmful substances, but I don't know which ones sesame seeds contain (other than the phenols summerwave mentioned).
martianwarrior

Post by martianwarrior »

i wasn't using it just because i thought it was good. i was out of olive oil and had some sesame oil. i needed some oil for orange juice and it just so happens to taste good on watermelon as i found out.

i just want to be clear though... basically you guys are saying it would be better if i did not use it?

how is olive oil, coconut oil or other oils, for that matter, better choices?
summerwave

sesame oil

Post by summerwave »

Indeed to have some of it is perfectly fine...

Olive and avocado are from fruits (low-sugar ones) so that is the reason for olive oil being one of the cornerstones of the diet.

Sesame oil has some phytoestrogens (flaxseed oil even more); this is true of safflower and pumpkin oils, too. That is why, too, I avoid it for the most part.
martianwarrior

Post by martianwarrior »

ah yes... i forgot olives are considered fruits. haven't tried avocado oil yet. phytoestrogens... definitely a good reason to steer clear.

thank you!