Liquid form Omega 3

What oil? Which vinegar? What about sugar?
Mr. PC
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Liquid form Omega 3

Post by Mr. PC »

I've been taking Omega3 supplements since my doctor prescribed it to help build up my strength and manage my weight. Also I figure it'll help balance my high oo intake (even though I eat the flax-seed eggs). I also find it useful to inhibit cravings and for long days out where I might not get enough fat.

My doctor had told me a long time ago that there was a minimum amount you had to consume at once or it won't be digested. I can't remember what that amount was, and I don't want to consume too much because I don't want to flip the balance off in the other direction, plus it's really expensive.

So does anyone know anything about this? I'd really like any info that you have on Omega 3.

Mine's derived from a fish source and 3rd party tested for Mercury levels.
RRM
Administrator

Re: Liquid form Omega 3

Post by RRM »

Mr. PC wrote:My doctor had told me a long time ago that there was a minimum amount you had to consume at once or it won't be digested.
I dont think thats true.
Whatever you eat, in whatever quantities, goes into your digestive system,
and gets digested. Only if there are too many antinutrients around, they may not.
plus it's really expensive.
why dont you eat some fish?
It costs less and gives you more (also many other nutrients plus energy)
I'd really like any info that you have on Omega 3.
What kind of info?
http://www.waiworld.com/waidiet/nut-omega3.html
Mr. PC

Post by Mr. PC »

I just find it hard with my schedule to have to wait an hour after eating. Also I find raw fish to be very gross; every time I eat it there's a lot of gagging etc. Also I'd really like to up my fat content and Liquid Omega 3 seems an easy way to do it. I generally have felt stronger whenever I take it, but I don't know if that's just a placebo affect.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Mr. PC wrote:Also I find raw fish to be very gross; every time I eat it there's a lot of gagging etc.
what kind of fish did you try?
Also I'd really like to up my fat content and Liquid Omega 3 seems an easy way to do it.
An expensive way.
Taking egg yolks is cheaper.
I generally have felt stronger whenever I take it, but I don't know if that's just a placebo affect.
It probably is.
Iris

Post by Iris »

Mr. PC wrote:Also I find raw fish to be very gross; every time I eat it there's a lot of gagging etc. Also I'd really like to up my fat content and Liquid Omega 3 seems an easy way to do it.
The benefit of eating whole foods is your body tells you whether it is good for you to eat or not. Clearly the fish you ate wasn't good for you ;)
My believe is that if you really need the extra omega 3, and the fish you ate was good (regarding freshness etc), you would have liked the taste of it. Repulsion is always a very clear sign of your body, telling you to please stop eating what you're eating immediately because it does you harm, I believe.
Mr. PC

Post by Mr. PC »

I guess I won't buy the Omega 3 after I finish this one, I've been eating 5 eggs and a fish every day.

I was eating fresh fish from my grocery store. I tried the pre-cut (in which case I had a hard time telling whether it was sushi-grade and had to take the fish-guy's word), and I tried eating the fish-looking fish that still had his eyes etc. Totally creeped me out; I finished the fish but have never done it again. Looking at the poor fish before I ate it made me feel so guilty, I didn't eat anything 'animal' for a couple weeks.

Recently I've just been eating frozen fish, I find this a little easier, as it's mostly tasteless. Sometimes I thaw it, cut it up, and make a soup with melted butter, olive-oil, and lemon juice. I call it fat soup; maybe I should put it in the recipe section?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Yes, that sounds like a nice recipe.
Though i prefer fish with egg yolk.
What kinds of fish have you tried now?
Mr. PC

Post by Mr. PC »

Mostly salmon and I think haddock but to be honest I don't pay much attention. I've either taken whatever was sushi grade, or if frozen whatever had lowest sodium content. Also whatever's on sale :)
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

You need to pay attention, because some fish may be infested with parasites,
like cod usually is.
Such fish (cod, herring, tilapia etc) should only be eaten raw when previously deep-frozen for at least 3 days.
Mr. PC

Post by Mr. PC »

Ooh I just found out from my mom that I've been eating lots of tilapia, more frozen recently but fresh as well before.

Can assume if I buy it frozen it that it was deep-frozen? If I put it in my home-freezer for 3 days will that kill parasites? Or is there a specific temperature?

And if I buy fresh fish from the market that has been pre-cut, is there any way to tell how good it is? I read all about discerning whole fish from the wai-book and some other sites, but I can't eat whole fish any more; I have to tell myself I'm not eating an animal or I just feel really bad about it, and if I look at the fish before I eat it I get sick.

Usually I'll go to the market and tell the clerk if it's not sushi-grade I'll get sick, so please be honest. At the same time I feel safer eating frozen and find it easier since it's a little more distant from the animal.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Mr. PC wrote:Ooh I just found out from my mom that I've been eating lots of tilapia, more frozen recently but fresh as well before.
The "fresh" version has also been deep frozen priorly.
They just sell it in 2 different versions (frozen and non-frozen) whereas they both come from the same (frozen) source.
if I put it in my home-freezer for 3 days will that kill parasites?
the freezing already killed the parasites.
And if I buy fresh fish from the market that has been pre-cut, is there any way to tell how good it is?
then only the smell may tell.