carbohydrates

What oil? Which vinegar? What about sugar?
kylecortez
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

carbohydrates

Post by kylecortez »

My blood sugar control is a bit wacked right now from a bad dieting history and from too much intense exercise. I am trying to get it back to normal. Theres some things i wanted clarification on:
Starches, for example, are 'complex' sugars; they are long chains of glucose only, and they therefore spike the blood glucose level much stronger than fruit-sugars do, (a mixture of glucose, fructose, sucrose (sucrose=glucose+fructose) and others) because fructose first needs to be converted into glucose* before it can elevate the blood sugar level.

Starches are far more dangerous than other sugars, and they are primarily present in grains, beans and foods like pasta, pizza and bread
Wai said this. Is the conversion of fructose to glucose is what makes this monosaccharide so benevolent? Starches are bad becase as soon as it is broken down, it is already glucose and already will spike the blood sugar level?

What about sucrose? Everyone says sugar is so bad for you but half of sucrose is fructose, so you are looking at like 50% good and 50% bad

What about liquid carbohydrates, fruit juices in particular. I read that liquid carbohydrates are much quicker to raise blood sugar than their solid counterparts. Should I try to use whole fruits instead of their juices or does it not even matter?
nick

Post by nick »

Is the conversion of fructose to glucose is what makes this monosaccharide so benevolent?

In this diet, sure. But the main point is that by consuming small meals of sugar and fruit sugars with sufficient fat, you won't trigger the insulin system as much as you would with starches. True, the body needs to convert fructose to glucose to have an effect, but fruit sugars don't influence the insulin system as compared to starches.

Starches are bad becase as soon as it is broken down, it is already glucose and already will spike the blood sugar level?

Right on.

What about sucrose? Everyone says sugar is so bad for you but half of sucrose is fructose, so you are looking at like 50% good and 50% bad

It isn't in terms of 'bad' or 'good'. How is it 'bad'?

What about liquid carbohydrates, fruit juices in particular. I read that liquid carbohydrates are much quicker to raise blood sugar than their solid counterparts. Should I try to use whole fruits instead of their juices or does it not even matter?

The sugars is juice are easier to digest, so yes they effect the sugar level faster. But how is that a problem. As long as you ingest only what you need at the time energy-wise, then it shouldn't be a problem.