olive oil burning throat...

What oil? Which vinegar? What about sugar?
Justin
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

olive oil burning throat...

Post by Justin »

What does it mean when olive oil is hot on your throat? Is there a problem with the oil (e.g freshness)? I usually get this when i try the oil alone, but rarely with the juice. Just bought an expensive extra virgin cold pressed oil, and it burns the back of my throat when i sipped it alone and with the juice. Yuck :? Do i need to find an extra virgin oil that has a higher customer demand and is therefore more often fresher. thanks
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

I'm not sure what the reason is. I noticed that some olive oils are milder than others. After trying out different brands, I chose an organic one.
Justin

Post by Justin »

so your saying, in your opinion it's to do with different types of oil, having stronger flavours? i'm asking whether it's to with sitting on a shop shelf for a long time, and the oil becoming rancid due to light and heat? some oils have been milder on my throat than others, but surely this is not natural. :?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Yes, its natural that some oils are milder on your throat than others, because it co-depends on the level of oleuropin remaining and on the ripeness of the olives.
But if the oil is rancid, yes, it may have been on the shelf in the light too long.
Queenbee

I know this...

Post by Queenbee »

Hi :wink:

I also have this experience with the "burning" or "peppery"-tasting olive oil. The one I have now is also organic and nothing is wrong with it (not gone bad I'm sure) - I just find that olive oil tend to be "spicy" in its own way and it varies if it's milder or more spicy...so I find that this variaty in taste is part of the miracle that is...OLIVE OIL :D

ami
(((blessings)))
Justin

Post by Justin »

Thanks for the responses people, i've come to the conclusion that the last olive oil i bought was rancid. It also had a slimey sediment at the bottom, a dark brown colour. Yuck. Unfortunately i already consumed 500ml :x . I bought a fresh bottle and theres no horrible feeling on my throat.
The moral of the story is, don't buy the expensive bottles. They've probably been sitting in the store for months. 99% of people buy the cheaper bottles and so will i.