Sugar cane

What oil? Which vinegar? What about sugar?
fred
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Sugar cane (juice)

Post by fred »

Is it OK to drink fresh sugar cane juice (mixed with oil) instead of fruits juices ?
I have not found good information about its nutritional value, but I think there is around 25g sugar/100g in it.
fred

Post by fred »

According to : http://www.sabfoods.net/sugar-cane-juice.htm

"Sugarcane juice has a low glycemic index, a known secret to long term health. Diabetics can drink it as it has no simple sugars in it."

No simple sugar ?
It tastes so sweet that I can't believe that !
Also, as it comes from a plant, I wonder if there are any toxic components in it ?
fred

Post by fred »

Eventualy found a detailed nutrition facts :

http://www.coolcane.in/health.htm

Nutrition facts amount per 100ml of Sugar cane
Juice Sucrose 16-18%
Glucose 7%
Fructose 0.5-1.0%
Ash 1.0-2.0%
Nitrogen 30-160mg
Protein 190-960mg
Phosphorus 13-28mg
Potassium 200-400mg
Sodium 5-15mg
Calcium 20-40mg
Magnesium 40-80mg
Sulphur 30-80mg
Chloride 200-400mg
Amnio acids 40-100mg
Phenolic acids 100-300mg
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

fred wrote:Is it OK to drink fresh sugar cane juice (mixed with oil) instead of fruits juices ?
No, because its processed, but not pure (unlike white sugar or oil), so that it can cause acne.
Also, you will miss the nutrients in juices.
fred wrote:
"Sugarcane juice has a low glycemic index, a known secret to long term health".
Its not about the glycemic index of foods;
how much insulin is stimulated depends on whether it contains proteins and/or carbs,
and most of all on the size of the meal.
No simple sugar ?
I agree.
fred wrote:Also, as it comes from a plant, I wonder if there are any toxic components in it ?
Of course, often listed under phenols (phenolic acids / compounds).
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

fred wrote:No simple sugar ?
According to your list it contains fructose and glucose, which are simple sugars.
Oscar
Administrator

Re: Sprouting grains

Post by Oscar »

Refined sugar is 'cleaner' than cane sugar, but I don't know how much difference it makes. If you want to play it safe, buy refined.
dandate2

stomach ache after sugar cane juice ?

Post by dandate2 »

I drank some sugar cane juice on an empty stomach and got a strong stomach ache for several hours, and it was definitely the juice because i tried again later in the day and it happened all over again. what could be the reason?
RRM
Administrator

Re: stomach ache after sugar cane juice ?

Post by RRM »

Why would you want to drink that?
Its impure and may contain all kinds of residues (pesticides etc) that may cause stomach ache.
overkees

Dark molasses

Post by overkees »

I also add dark molasses to orange juice to give it some sweet taste. The greatest thing about dark molasses is that 15g provides 10% of the daily amount of calcium, 10% potassium and 7.5 % magnesium. I add about 40g.
fred

Blackstrap molasses

Post by fred »

Molasses seems to be an interesting food, very high in minerals (and sugar) : http://www.bodybydesignonline.com/diet/ ... -benefits/
overkees

Re: Sugar cane

Post by overkees »

Yes, I eat organic blackstrap molasses as a medicine now (new attempt at 100%, except for this). I have noticed alot of teeth improvement with it. My senstive are almost gone. Only if I drink very very cold water after a day of drinking OJ they will hurt just a little bit. It's loaded with calcium and potassium, also a bit magnesium and iron. Although it has been proposed that the iron can't be absorbed good anyway, due to the high calcium content.

But I also use a bit of baking soda after each meal to rinse my mouth. Or mix a small teaspoon with sour OJ next to oil (watch out, it will give a lot of foam and fizz, due to CO2 formation =).

I'm not sure about the pureness. I mean it has been cooked 2-3 times and all the minerals are still in it, but possible also a lot of acrylamide due to heating and possible free asparagine amino acids. RRM, could you elaborate?
fred

Post by fred »

Thank's overkees. I have sensitive teeth and enamel erosion (too much OJ and fruits) so I thought molasses could help.
I now add baking soda to xylitol as a toothpath.
For how long have you been eating molasses?
How much do you eat per day ?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

There is nothing great about molasses; its a waste product for a reason.
Its the worst part of sugar; little real sugars and all the impurities (including herbicides and pesticides residues).
Look at the nitrogen content, the phenols.
The mineral contents are not worth it. Fruits are a much healthier source.
fred

Post by fred »

Wow, there are many things in molasses : SO2, nitrogen, yeast, amino acids, caramel substances, melanoidines, iron-polyphenol compounds... Not really appetizing... (thank's RRM)

http://kempetrade.de/Molasses_OLBRICH.pdf
overkees

Post by overkees »

RRM wrote:There is nothing great about molasses; its a waste product for a reason.
Its the worst part of sugar; little real sugars and all the impurities (including herbicides and pesticides residues).
Look at the nitrogen content, the phenols.
The mineral contents are not worth it. Fruits are a much healthier source.
If you buy very high quality unsulphured, organic blackstrap molasses from a trusted source and then all these harmful substances are alot less. You've got to give it a fair chance of course... And there is nothing that has such a rich calcium content. It helped me to restore my teeth almost completely (very tiny pain when drinking very cold water). Orange juice started to damage my teeth in the first place... even if I let the oranges 'ripen' perfectly. So I don't know what the hell you're trying to say by saying fruits are a much better source. ONLY if you're already in a good health.

I'm talking about medicine here, not something to keep in the diet for good, I've used it for a month now and am in no need of it once I don't have the stinging cold sensation anymore, which can't be longer than 1 or 2 weeks. Apparently it is worth it, because it is friggin temporary.

But of course, a mixture of magnesiumcitrate, zinccitrate, calciumcitrate is alot safer. You've got enough potassium in a wai diet. I would definetely recommend it above molasses. Throw it in a glass of water after an acidic drink. It is also what artour recommends for recovering from lower CPs. It can raise your CP 5-10 s or something if you are deficient.