How much oil ?

What oil? Which vinegar? What about sugar?
dime
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Re: How much oil ?

Post by dime »

RRM wrote:
overkees wrote:I wouldn't consume omega 3 oils. ... There might also be other antinutrients in it.
What antinutrients are you talking about?
I guess the stuff that they typically put in capsules and pills?
Mr. PC

Post by Mr. PC »

Now the cartons of omega 3 eggs often say they're fed flax seeds to obtain the omega 3, which would mean there would only be alpha-linolenic acid in them, right?

But then my friend who is an egg farmer has told me that large farms will actually give them fish scraps (even though they claim vegetarian) because it's cheaper, in which case they actually would give both forms of omega 3.

Is this very important? And if so, how can we know what's true? Would the fish taste be an indicator that both forms of omega 3 is present?
dime

Post by dime »

FYI vegetarians eat fish.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Now the cartons of omega 3 eggs often say they're fed flax seeds to obtain the omega 3, which would mean there would only be alpha-linolenic acid in them, right?
No, hens are able to convert some of the LNA into other omega 3.
Is this very important?
Not if you eat fish too. And even if you eat no fish, yolks will always supply you with some LNA, DPA and DHA.
http://www.waiworld.com/waidiet/nut-items.html
Mr. PC wrote:how can we know what's true?
Analysis data.
Would the fish taste be an indicator that both forms of omega 3 is present?
No. (and there are always more than 2 forms of omega 3 present)
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

dime wrote:
Kasper wrote:
mario91 wrote:I chose to get my fat from other sources: walnuts, egg yolks and salmon.
I don't use olive oil.
I don't drink any either
Maybe its not such a bad idea to use olive oil moderately, as all vegetable oils examined contain styrene.
On the other hand, if their feedings contain styrene, the animals (farmed salmon, cows, hens etc) will contain styrene too.
At least styrene does not migrate from the polystyrene egg 'cartons' into the eggs.

Styrene is a polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbon (in car exhausts, cigarette smoke) and a Maillard reaction product.
Also, as with phtalates, bisphenol A etc, migration occurs from the polystyrene bottles carrying oil,
but oil may also contain styrene naturally.
Olives, for example, to some extend metabolize absorbed aromatics into styrene.
http://www.waiwiki.org/index.php/Styrene
overkees

Post by overkees »

virgin coconut oil and good quality virgin red palm oil are superb in my opinion. Bulk coming from coconut oil and for extreme good vitamin E and carotenes the rad palm oil. Especially the vitamin E has positive effects in my experience. Both are completely wai too. In combination with some tablespoons of denocciolato (organic) extra virgin olive oil to mix with the juice it should provide a very wide variety of the fats.

And of course eating good quality animal products and in my opinion these should be limited to the minimum your body desires. But not excluding animal products, they are extremely beneficial consumed in the right amounts.

Some periods I will eat almost no egg yolks, nowadays I eat 8 on some days. It varies alot. Funny.
fred

Post by fred »

Even coconut/red palm oils in glass container contain styrene ?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

I dont know, i would have to buy the study to know.
Maybe that info can be found through other means. (google: styrene, coconut oil / styrene, red palm oil)
If various molds, fungi, bacteria and olives produces styrene,
and also cinnamon contains it naturally (in cinnamic acid)
we cannot rule out coconuts and palm beforehand.
Styrene is also a (room temp) Maillard reaction product in decaying organic matter. (as in spoiled salmon)
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Styrene is a Maillard reaction product.
Styrene is supposedly an advanced glycation end-product (AGE), but it also very well may be an advanced lipoxidation end-product (ALE), as the Maillard intermediates (eg glyoxals and deoxyosones) may be carbohydrate or lipid derived.
And oils are not 100% pure fat only.
Thats is also why styrene accumulates in olives and olive oil; there is so very much hydrocarbon-based 'backbone' available,
that the smallest presence / uptake of aromatic compounds will result in a virtually 100% conversion into Maillard end-products.
As oils are liquid, stored and transported, the aromatic compounds will migrate through the oil until they react with available 'backbone'.
This is likely true for all natural oils. (virgin, non-purified oils)

Similarly, acrylamide (also Maillard reaction product) accumulates in stored raw roots and tubers,
in which a lot of hydrocarbon 'backbone' is available from starch.
And also in non-pure sugars ('brown' sugar, molasses), but not in white, refined sugar.