Avocado Oil?

What oil? Which vinegar? What about sugar?
Bambi726
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Avocado Oil?

Post by Bambi726 »

Hello. I haven't been able to find any information through the Wai google searches about Extra Virgin Avocado Oil, such as the one on this site:
http://www.rawguru.com/store/product.ph ... 255&page=1
Would that be an OK addition to the Wai diet? I've never tried it before, but I have a difficult time sipping the olive oil by itself when I eat fruits (perhaps I need to find a better, more mild one. The two organic ones that I've tried so far have both had the light burning of the throat feeling), unless it's mixed with fresh lemon juice, so I'm looking for an additional oil, because it's so easy to sip oils as your fat with fruits. Thank you!

~Amber
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

If the oil is really raw, go for it!
Bambi726

Post by Bambi726 »

Thanks, RRM! If I end up trying it out, I'll let you all know how it went. :)

~Amber
Bambi726

Post by Bambi726 »

I ordered a bottle of the EV Avocado Oil today, along with some sundried, plain olives (no salt, spices, etc. at all) from www.rawguru.com. They seem to have quite a few items that would be good for at least maintaining Wai's diet - like EV macadamia nut oil, and TRULY raw cashews and brazil nuts (shelled, but not heat-treated to remove from shells - they call them "The only truly raw brazil nuts in the world!" But I think they mean the only raw SHELLED Brazil nuts in the world. Anyway, I'll let you all know how it goes.

~Amber
jmbattle

Post by jmbattle »

Well, I wonder how they are shelled...

Good luck!
James
x
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Yeah, be careful with the shelled nuts. I would be very surprised if the cashews are truly raw, because apparently the shell is poisonous. That's why they have to shell it mechanically. As far as I know, they use heat for that, resulting in roasted nuts. These 'raw' cashews don't taste that great, so they are often roasted again, resulting in double-roasted nuts. ;)
Besides, cashews aren't fruits, but legumes.

It is possible that the brazil nuts are shelled by hand, but I'm sure they would be very expensive, and that it'll say "hand shelled" on the label. If not, I'd have my doubts.
Bambi726

Post by Bambi726 »

Yeah, I wasn't positive about it either, so I didn't buy them - only the EV Avocado Oil and Olives, but I just wanted to mention how they advertised it in case anybody else might want to give it a shot. For the Brazil nuts it doesn't mention anything about being hand shelled, but for the cashews it says they're never heated above 107 degrees(F), and they're shelled by hand using some kind of special tool. They state that the cashews can still be sprouted, so it would be interesting to try them - or at least to soak and dehydrate them, because I've heard actual raw cashews have a kind of slimy texture when you eat them :? Thanks for the warnings guys! At least these two weeks while I'm on the Sample Diet again, it will only be freshly shelled by me nuts for me :)

~Amber
Bambi726

Post by Bambi726 »

OK, I got the Avocado Oil earlier this week, and it is MUCH easier for me to sip on than the olive oil that I've had so far. It's a lot darker in color than I expected it to be and the smell and flavor is sort of like this green tea concentrate that I had a long time ago, but milder, as well as a taste similar to but a little milder than olive oil...not what I expected, but I like it a lot. It goes down my throat very easily which I haven't found with the OO yet. I still love to use the olive oil in the cuc-tomato-avo salads (as long as there's some lemon juice), but I've been using the Avocado Oil to sip when I eat fruits plain and it's been going really well for me. I will very likely get it again.

~Amber
CurlyGirl

Post by CurlyGirl »

Thanks for the update, Amber. I've just spotted a bottle of cold-pressed avocado oil here in the UK, in Tesco of all places!! (For those who don't know, let's just say, I live in a tiny Scottish town, which has only one tiny branch of the global giant food corporation, Tesco. This branch hardly ever stocks organic bananas, let alone extra virgin avocado oil!)
Bambi726

Post by Bambi726 »

Ooh, I hope it works out for you!:)

I just wanted to add that the sun-dried olives are, eh, bitter and not very pleasant tasting to me. Maybe I'll find a food that they'll go well with, but it would probably only be in small amounts and I doubt I'll buy them again.

~Amber
tjfillion

Post by tjfillion »

Awesome, i'll have to try that avocado oil
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Did you (or anyone else) try out non-salt cured olives?
Marty

Avocado oil

Post by Marty »

It seems to create an effect of wanting to sleep... more so than olive oil. Perhaps a particularised response.

Not that there is anything wrong with wanting to sleep.