What's your ideal sugar:fat combo for juice/entire day?

What oil? Which vinegar? What about sugar?
tjfillion
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

What's your ideal sugar:fat combo for juice/entire day?

Post by tjfillion »

According to Wai, the best ratio to start with is 2:1 but everyone's different and activity changes it and yadda yadda. Anyway, I was wondering what ratios you are all using right now for your juices and also overall for the entire day.

RRM's is 4.5L / day with 50g (60 ml) oo and 100-150g (125 - 188 ml) sugar added per 1.5L.

On the nutrition calculator, 1.5L OJ has 163 g of carbs.

The pure sugar is pure carb so that is 100 - 150 carbs added in.

The 50g OO is 50 g fat.

So RRM's ratio is (163+100):(50) or (163+150):(50) = 5.25:1 or 6.25:1

Did I do the math wrong? I get really messed up on conversions sometimes.

If this is right, what about the 2:1? I know you can have more sugar if you are really active, but I didn't realize it's this much more! I'm not saying RRM's is wrong (I know it works quite well for him) but that this is also what Wai's book recommends "3 quarts a day with 50g (60 ml) oo and 100-150g (125 - 188 ml) sugar added per 1.5L." The books advocating a 5:1 ratio in the juice... but most other parts of the book/boards say keep it 2:1?

I do find with the juice I can stomach enough OO to balance the fats of the juice. I have 75g / 90 ml OO with 1.5 L juice and that is a 2:1 ratio. But then with this ratio I feel weak and get blurry vision and headaches. So I add sugar. Now I'm up to 200g sugar : 1.5 L. But none of this sugar is getting balanced by fats. And I still feel really off and none of my problems have let up.

Could my headaches / weakness be from too much sugar and not enough fat? Should I add less sugar and make more juice in general and try to drink more than 3L? Like 4 or 4.5? Should I start taking OO shots after drinking a bottle? My stomach doesn't really want more oil.

I'm just all over the place moodwise. (bloodsugar wise) :shock:

And I've read every article in every board and the book mucho times ... so please don't just give me links ;)

Don't forget to post your current ratio.

Tim
nick

Post by nick »

Here is my ratio:

I usually drink about 2 cups (52 grams of sugar) plus a little more in a gatorade bottle. I add two tablespoons of sugar, which is about 28 grams of sugar which totals 80 (plus a little more) grams of sugar. I then add two tablespoons of OO which is 28 gram of fat.

So for every cup I add 28 grams of sugar and 28 grams of fat.

80/28 equals 2.85714286 so thats about a 3:1 ratio. I don't do any phyisical activity so this ratio is perfect for just walking to classes and sitting at a computer and in lectures.

I just started working out and noticed just how much more sugar I need after the workout.

It was a challenge for me to figure the 3:1 ratio out, because I felt the same way as you do. 200/79 is about a 2.5:1 of sugar to fat. Perhaps you should try more oil, or add more sugar to make it a 3:1 ratio. I noticed that too much oil caused sugar lows for me. So you could try those out.

Also, try sipping from it more frequently but with sipping less. If you drink too much at a time then wait longer in between sips you may get sugar lows.

Imagine a radio wave with short wave heights but with many waves, compared to steep wave heights with fewer waves. The more waves with a smaller peak level, is more stable than fewer and steeper highs and lows when comparing it to blood-sugar level.

I hope you see what I mean.
tjfillion

Post by tjfillion »

Thanks for the reply. I completely understand the periodic waves and trying to keep the peaks lower. So my best bet in the end is just trial and error. Tomorrow I'm going to try no sugar added and do a 2:1 ratio day. Then I'll try a 3:1 ratio day and compare and so on. We'll see how it goes.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

It's a bit difficult for me to tell, because I add oil by pouring it into the bottle. If I had to guess, it would be: 1 liter OJ + 7 teaspoons of sugar = 2 tablespoons olive oil. 100gr + 35gr = 30gr => 4.5 : 1

The oil could be a bit more than 2 tbsp, not sure though. :?