maximum amount of sugar + oil per litre

What oil? Which vinegar? What about sugar?
Justin
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Post by Justin »

Whats the maximum amount of sugar + oil that can be added to 1 litre of orange juice without over concentrating it, consequently upseting the stomach and bowels and also making the taste unpleasant i imagine. I'm okay with 150g sugar + 80g oil but if possible i'd like to add more because raw orange juice is expensive here. thanks
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

You can add as much as you want, totally depending on how much and how fast you consume; if your energy intake matches your energy requirements, you will be fine.
Justin

Post by Justin »

Today I increased the concentration of sugar + oil to 200g and 80g for 1 litre. I had quite severe diarrhea in the evening.
I drank quite a lot in a short space of time before i had a football match (0.7 litres in the space of 3 hours).
Is it possible that my intestines were unable to produce enough sucrase to digest the high concentration of sugar, consequently leaving it undigested in the colon , bacteria feed off it producing acids and diarrhea (i researched this crap). It was very acidic and painful, my bum was sore after :(. LOOOL .Is this possible???
I know i need to drink less at one time, but when i wake up at 10:30am and the match is at 2:00pm its difficult. I wanted as much stored glycogen as possible because my team mates are always shouting at me to run more.
I did have more energy than usual though, but i was extremely tired after match and then the diarrhea came at around 6pm. :(

Sorry for being so graphic.
nick

Post by nick »

Is it possible that my intestines were unable to produce enough sucrase to digest the high concentration of sugar, consequently leaving it undigested in the colon , bacteria feed off it producing acids and diarrhea (i researched this crap). It was very acidic and painful, my bum was sore after :(. LOOOL .Is this possible???
If you bowels contain too much sugar or fat then they'll want to deport it. Perhaps it was way too much sugar for you, which could be the case. Maybe the intense exercise also did it.
I know i need to drink less at one time, but when i wake up at 10:30am and the match is at 2:00pm its difficult. I wanted as much stored glycogen as possible because my team mates are always shouting at me to run more.
There are some good threads on the wai diet and training.
http://www.acneboard.com/AcneQandA/Forum8/index.html
There is some stuff about eating the day before and carb loading.
Sorry for being so graphic.
Hey, its science. :P
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Justin wrote: Is it possible that my intestines were unable to produce enough sucrase
Yes. but once you are used to drink this often, then the body has more sucrase available. The consumption of this drink was too abrupt for your body.