All Extra Virgin Olive oil is cold-pressed?

What oil? Which vinegar? What about sugar?
dionysus
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

All Extra Virgin Olive oil is cold-pressed?

Post by dionysus »

All Extra Virgin Olive oil is cold-pressed? From what i believe this is true. Am i correct? :roll:
CurlyGirl

Post by CurlyGirl »

In general yes, I believe the oil can't be labelled 'extra virgin' unless it has been mechanically extracted (i.e. cold-pressed). But it is always wise to check the actual bottle, because the means of extraction will usually be printed somewhere on the label. Also, price is a good guide - the more expensive the oil, the better the quality (i.e. the more likely it is that if the label says cold-pressed, the oil WILL have been cold-pressed).
dionysus

Post by dionysus »

thanks CurlyGirl. I'm only asking this as my girlfriend has bought me a bottle which does not state cold-pressed. It would be a shame to waste it. I'll give it a go. 8)
Cairidh

Post by Cairidh »

Yes, but some are processed in places where the room temperature is very high, so some are more raw than others.

Supposedly if you put olive oil on your skin and then lick it off, if there is a reside left, then it's not raw. But this applies to ALL the olive oil available in the shops, and the supposed "really raw" olive oils (that don't leave a residue) are expensive, so I don't worry.
CurlyGirl

Post by CurlyGirl »

Dionysus... what a nice girlfriend you have! My boyfriend buys me chocolates instead of olive oil... he is trying to get me to increase my munch-food intake so I don't get too skinny...

...sneaky saboteur!!!
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Did you two play in a movie? Remake from the Hitchcock version?? ;)

Couldn't resist! :D
CurlyGirl

Post by CurlyGirl »

...I'm aching, my stomach muscles, oh yikes... ROFL :lol:

Love ya Oscar!

...hehehehehe....