Krill Oil

What oil? Which vinegar? What about sugar?
Cairidh
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Krill Oil

Post by Cairidh »

http://www.mercola.com/products/krill_oil.htm

Are crustaceans allowed on the Wai diet? I can't remember if they're mentioned on Wai Says, and I hate those search engines - I wish there was a search engine for the whole of Wai's writings.

This Krill Oil is the only marine oil I can find that isn't heated.
It also contains lots of antioxidants.
RRM
Administrator

Re: Krill Oil

Post by RRM »

Cairidh wrote:Are crustaceans allowed on the Wai diet?
That depends on whether they naturally contain toxins (produced to prevent consumption), and on how they are processed (whether heat-processing is involved to make them ready to eat).
Also, they shouldnt contain too much of any given metal / mineral (eg zinc).
This Krill Oil is the only marine oil I can find that isn't heated.
It also contains lots of antioxidants.
Lots of antioxidants isnt necessarily good; aggressive cleansing agents also contain lots of these.
Why do you want to consume marine oil specifically?
Cairidh

Post by Cairidh »

My mum refuses to eat fish, so I want to give her fish oils. But fish oils are heated, and contain heavy metals unless very very processed. They also create a lot of free radicals in the body.

The Krill Oil is not heated, and doesn't contain any heavy metals (the krill live in a sea we haven't wrecked yet), and the antioxidants (such as axanstanthin which gives salmon its colour) prevent oxidation (= free radicals).

I wanted to give her antioxidant supplements anyway, as she has emphesyma, that is progressively getting worse, and the only thing that has been shown to prevent and/or halt emphesyma, is antioxidants. The most effective treatment so far has been lycopene, but the best source of this is tomatoes cooked with oil - not raw. So I thought I would have to find supplements but then most of those aren't raw either. Krill Oil has been found to be 6 times more antioxidant power than lycopene - and it's raw.

She's not on the Wai diet so I suppose it doesn't matter, but I still wanted to know if there's anything with krill. And I'm curious to know if Krill would be an option for Waiians.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Regarding raw krill consumption; like shrimps, krill are regularly afflicted by parasites, so that we advice against eating raw krill
Regarding krill oil: The peel of krill contains high levels of fluorides (toxic), so that they should be peeled before processed into oil. Other than that, I dont know how safe / healthy the oil is.