Orange Juice without Olive Oil

What oil? Which vinegar? What about sugar?
Agent
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Orange Juice without Olive Oil

Post by Agent »

Hi all...

If I want to sip OJ every few minutes, say 10, without OO, is this OK?

OJ - OO = OK..? Heh 8)

Or am I at risk of diabetes or anything else?

For example, if I sipped OJ occasionally for 2 hours then took a gulp of OJ with a tablespoon of OO, would this "work" i.e. so that I could go a while without eating?

Weird question, I know :)

Thanks.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Erm, I think that would work. But why like this?
Agent

Post by Agent »

Constantly mixing with olive oil just wears thin, for me anyway.

Thanks for replying.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Funny, I actually like OJ with oil (and sugar) much better than without. :)

Everyone is different I guess. :)
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Actually, its VERY easy to make a big bottle of juice and then to add some OO to it.
I also prefer it with OO, simply because it prevents over-acidity of your stomach. If you drink OJ without OO, then you readily get this 'acid burning' sensation (which isnt good for your stomach).
agent wrote:Or am I at risk of diabetes or anything else?
With OO, the 'strain' on your insulin system is even easier to prevent, but also without OO its very much possible to avoid any risk at all. If you repeatedly only replenish the sugar that has got lost, then there is no burdening of the insulin system. So, its about listening to your 'direct sugar requirement'.
if I sipped OJ occasionally for 2 hours then took a gulp of OJ with a tablespoon of OO, would this "work" i.e. so that I could go a while without eating?
Even without any OO it might perfectly work (if the frequency and size are good), but that method described does not hold the advantages of adding OO to OJ as it is about the directly evoked responses by that what is consumed (influx glucose > insulin)
mballinger

Problem with Olive Oil mixed in O.J.

Post by mballinger »

RRM wrote:Actually, its VERY easy to make a big bottle of juice and then to add some OO to it.
I use Bariani cold-pressed raw olive oil ... and the problem I have when mixing it into my daily stash of orange juice (or other fresh-made fruit juice) is that when the olive oil gets cold it thickens. So when I'm ready to drink my juice I see that there is thickened gunk in the juice which is very unappetizing. The same thing happens with coconut oil.

Therefore, I discontinued mixing the oil in my juice and just take sips of it throughout the day. I also may eat a few brazil nuts at the same time (a fat that should help regulate blood sugar) ... or I may mix in a couple raw egg yolks which being a fat should also help with blood sugar regulation. So far no problems with this technique and I enjoy the flavor of the pure fruit juice more than the flavor resulting from mixing oil in it.

I'd appreciate any comments. Thanks.
avo

Post by avo »

The same happens to me. No reason to stop completely.

Coconut oil will solidify under 70 degrees F. Olive oil will only solidify if the temperature is 40 degrees or so, but it depends on the quality of the oil. More refined oils will need colder temps to become cloudy/solidify. Raw unprocessed will cloud up in cool conditions.

Just adjust your fridge temperature until it is no longer an issue, or take the drink out when you wake up, and then have it 20 minutes later. Or add oil only after the juice has been chilled.
mballinger

Post by mballinger »

Thanks avo.

I really am liking the technique of just sipping the pure juice WITHOUT olive oil (or any other oil). I listen to my body's hunger signals, and periodically throughout the day I may want a brazil nut or two or three and that does the trick for me on blood sugar balance ... plus really helps keep my hunger in check.

Mixing raw egg yolks in the juice also, I assume (since it is high in fat like olive oil), has the same blood sugar balancing effect as olive oil. I find that I need to drink the juice with raw egg yolk immediately however ... otherwise it develops a funky taste.
avo

Post by avo »

Are you getting enough fat in your diet? And are you able to ingest enough food energy?

The thing about adding yolks to OJ: 1) You can't be active after having some (regards to acne). So if you had it throughout the day, you would need to stay inactive all day! Not ideal. 2) The yolks oxidize quickly. The only way you should have yolks is immediately after cracking the egg. Also, there might be a risk of increased bacterial contamination along with turning rancid, thus the funky taste.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Also, when sipping juices without oil all day, you might get some acid reflux. The oil prevents that.
mballinger

Post by mballinger »

I hear what you are saying Avo & RRM. I've recently been digging into my jar of Cocopura raw coconut oil and it appeals to me a lot more than Olive oil. I'm ok not mixing it into my juice, but just eating a little off of a spoon throughout the day. I'm going to try that for a while.

Avo, I feel that I get enough energy from fruit juices. I'm drinking about 2.5 to 3 liters of juice each day plus 6-8 egg yolks, and now I'm going to use coconut oil. I was using in-shell brazil nuts, but I've noticed that they don't really taste (or look) fresh so I'm going to not use them for a while and see how I do. I do fine on about 1500 to 1700 calories a day.

Last night I mixed some sundried mulberries with a spoonful of coconut oil and this is a superb treat, especially when refrigerated!
avo

Post by avo »

I think you will find a big (good) difference once you start adding ample amounts of fats to your diet.

Yes, you can create many delicious things with coconut oil! I personally like(d) raisins, brazil nuts and coconut oil. I don't do well with nuts anymore, and the raisins were not truely sun-dired.

What kind of container do you usually sip your juices from?
dionysus

Post by dionysus »

avo wrote:I think you will find a big (good) difference once you start adding ample amounts of fats to your diet.
:nods head:
Negativity is the cult of the weak