Really RAW coconut oil!?

What oil? Which vinegar? What about sugar?
Terence
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Really RAW coconut oil!?

Post by Terence »

Unfortunately most coconut oils are heated, even if the label says "virgin coconut oil" (VCO). If have found many brands that have a slight caramel like taste. This is proof that it is NOT raw but heated. I don´t want to use them on this diet to be sure that all food is raw.

Dear Wai, dear RRM,
could you please give me some adresses of shops where I can get really 100% raw virgin coconut oil and raw macadamia nuts?

I am living in germany near Nijmwegen, so adresses in Netherlands would be very helpful, too.

I have found this brand
www.tropicai.de
The quality seems to be very good, much better than most of the other oils. It has no caramel like taste. But on the website they say that this oil is heated to 44 degrees celsius what might me too high for raw food.
I wonder if I should use this oil.

Thanks in advance...

Terence

PS: I have started this diet 1 week ago but seem to have problems with olive oil. Now I would like to try it with coconut oil again.
RRM
Administrator

Re: Really RAW coconut oil!?

Post by RRM »

Terence wrote:could you please give me some adresses of shops where I can get really 100% raw virgin coconut oil and raw macadamia nuts?
Recently the shop closed where we bought our macadamia nuts, and we havent found another one yet that sells nuts in the shell.
And as we dont use coconut oil, I wouldnt know about that one either.
Im sorry I cant be of any help here.
on the website they say that this oil is heated to 44 degrees celsius what might me too high for raw food.
I wonder if I should use this oil.
44 degrees C is not that much at all, so if thats really all, it seems good to me.
seem to have problems with olive oil.
whats the problem?
Terence

Post by Terence »

RRM wrote:Recently the shop closed where we bought our macadamia nuts, and we havent found another one yet that sells nuts in the shell.
And as we dont use coconut oil, I wouldnt know about that one either.
Im sorry I cant be of any help here.
Do you know any online-shop in europe where I can order raw nuts?
Do you and Wai eat nuts at all?
RRM wrote:44 degrees C is not that much at all, so if thats really all, it seems good to me.
OK, I will try it.
Which VCO brands do other people on this diet use? Any recommendations?
RRM wrote:seem to have problems with olive oil.
whats the problem?
The good thing at first: It seems to be good for my digestion and soothes my gut. I have digestive problems like bloating very often and OO alleviates symptoms.

The bad thing with OO is that it is somehow bad for my muscles, joints and nerves. I always get some kind of muscle pain and weakness when using OO. I have the feeling that OO dries out my joints and they feel somehow like sand. It is difficult to describe. And furthermore I have the feeling that OO irritates my nerves and makes me nervous sometimes.

Coconut oil seems to work better in my body. Unfortunately I get bloatings from it. Shit.

RRM, do you use any other fats beside OO or is it your only fat (beside fats contained in animal foods)?

I wonder if it is better for our body to use different fats.

Terence
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Terence wrote:Do you know any online-shop in europe where I can order raw nuts?
No, but im pretty sure there are some.
Do you and Wai eat nuts at all?
Not at the moment, but when they are available, we eat Brazil nuts or Macadamia nuts.

I always get some kind of muscle pain and weakness when using OO. I have the feeling that OO dries out my joints and they feel somehow like sand. It is difficult to describe. And furthermore I have the feeling that OO irritates my nerves and makes me nervous sometimes.
I dont think OO can cause this.
RRM, do you use any other fats beside OO or is it your only fat (beside fats contained in animal foods)?
Even fruits contain fats (including omega-3), but if you are talking about oils, yes, I only consume OO and most of the other fat comes from animal food.
I wonder if it is better for our body to use different fats.
What you need, are the different fatty acids, in as much that you dont need protein, but all the different amino acids.
Animal food, together with the fats from fruits already contain all the fatty acids you need.
Terence

Post by Terence »

RRM, thanks for your explanations. I will try some other olive oil brands. The last one tasted rancid. Maybe this was the cause for my bad symptoms.

Have you heard of any followers of this diet about problems with olive oil?

As I have read here you are following this diet for many years. I would like to learn more about long term effects. Have you been ill in the last years? Do you get colds at all? Can this diet make use immune against colds and other health problems? After a few days on this diet I feel much healthier already and sleep much better!

Did you never get teeth problems? (If I eat too much bananas I get tooth ache always, even if I add enough oil.)

Terence
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Terence wrote:I will try some other olive oil brands. The last one tasted rancid. Maybe this was the cause for my bad symptoms.
Yes, indeed.
The oil needs to be stored at a cool and dark place to prevent it from getting rancid. Buy your oil in a shop where there is a high turnover of the oil.
Have you heard of any followers of this diet about problems with olive oil?
Only about rancid oil; nothing else.
Have you been ill in the last years?
No, not at all. But then again, I never got sick in my entire life (inlcuding before the diet).
The worst that can happen to me, is when my nose gets a little stuffed, and that only happens when I sleep too little, and is immediately resolved when I sleep enough again.
Can this diet make use immune against colds and other health problems?
Diet is just one factor in health. Other factors, such as environmental issues (pollution, contamination), stress and especially sleep are also very important.
The strength of your immune system is determined by the weakest link in that chain. If you sleep too little, for example, non of the other factors can make up for that.
After a few days on this diet I feel much healthier already and sleep much better!
Yes, thats because your body will clearly notice the steep decrease in the intake of toxins.
Did you never get teeth problems?
No. I do have fillings; when I was young i was too careless regarding dental hygiene and Ive also never had fluoride treatments. On top of that I had a horse back-kicking me on my jaw accidentally, which caused some damage.
(If I eat too much bananas I get tooth ache always, even if I add enough oil.)
That sounds very weird to me. Maybe you can post this question in this "teeth" thread: viewtopic.php?t=133
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

I was talking about coconut oil yesterday with a friend. I told him this diet doesn't recommend seeds because the antinutrients. Do coconuts have a significant amount of antinutrients?
Terence

Post by Terence »

johndela1 wrote:I was talking about coconut oil yesterday with a friend. I told him this diet doesn't recommend seeds because the antinutrients. Do coconuts have a significant amount of antinutrients?
I have never heard of antinutrients in coconuts,
in contrast to all the other nuts, regarding enzyme inhibitors etc.

Terence
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

johndela1 wrote:Do coconuts have a significant amount of antinutrients?
In a way, insoluble fibers are antinutrients as well, and coconuts are relatively high (7%) in insoluble fiber (thats why you cant easily eat a lot).
Most fruits contain about 1% (Melons 0.2 to 0.5%)
In general, nuts contain phytic acid, but I couldnt find info about the levels of phytic acid in coconuts specifically (or any other antinutrient).
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

this is kind of off topic, but I just read that hemp seeds have no enzym inhibitors

see: http://www.worldpantry.com/cgi-bin/ncom ... d2w/report

Would you consider hemp seeds a good thing to eat?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

johndela1 wrote:this is kind of off topic, but I just read that hemp seeds have no enzym inhibitors
Thats impossible. They are real seeds. They absolutely must have lots of enzyminhibitors.
Would you consider hemp seeds a good thing to eat?
Certainly not.
Terence

Post by Terence »

RRM wrote:
johndela1 wrote:Do coconuts have a significant amount of antinutrients?
In a way, insoluble fibers are antinutrients as well, and coconuts are relatively high (7%) in insoluble fiber (thats why you cant easily eat a lot).
Most fruits contain about 1% (Melons 0.2 to 0.5%)
In general, nuts contain phytic acid, but I couldnt find info about the levels of phytic acid in coconuts specifically (or any other antinutrient).
I just remembered that coconuts are botanically fruits and not nuts.
This may be the reason...

Terence