Problems with coconut oil!?

What oil? Which vinegar? What about sugar?
benzapp
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Post by benzapp »

avalon wrote:RRM Wrote:
The body and the mind are hard to separate.
How does one come to rely on juice and oil for such energy? What about eating an apple with walnuts or brazil nuts? Small apples or tangerines or any small fruit eaten whole with oil or nuts. Spread a little coconut oil on every piece of fruit you eat :) mix some coconut oil into mashed bananas. Think creatively. If you're home and have a blender, try making a banana strawberry smoothie with coconut oil, YUM!

One lable from 'NOW' says there are 14 grams of fat per tablespoon making 6 tablesppons 84 grams of fat. Add an avocado which could be around 31 grams of fat and you're not far from your goal.

Avalon :)
Well, I'm 6'1" and 175 pounds. Juice and oil is a very inexpensive way to get a lot of calories. It is also very convenient.

I can't really consume many nuts, they tend to upset my stomach in large quantities. I consume some brazil nuts for the protein, but not enough for long lasting energy. So, from where does my fat come? Oil or avocados like you say.

I think that girls can get by more easily as you describe. If I don't consume enough oil, I begin to lose muscle mass.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

avalon wrote:How does one come to rely on juice and oil for such energy? What about eating an apple with walnuts or brazil nuts? ... Think creatively.
I need about 4500 kcal daily as I'm constantly very active when I'm at work (I'm a foodrunner in a very busy restaurant), and I dont have time to eat during work. I barely have time to gulp in some juice when I have a second.
Then only juice with oil and sugar cuts it for me.
If you're home and have a blender, try making a banana strawberry smoothie with coconut oil, YUM!
Those who are very susceptible to acne (like me), cannot do this without breaking out.
But hey, Im enjoying this diet very much; especially because its so easy to be constantly very energetic at work, and because a salad and raw fish taste soooo good in the night.
benzapp

Post by benzapp »

RRM wrote:I need about 4500 kcal daily as I'm constantly very active when I'm at work (I'm a foodrunner in a very busy restaurant), and I dont have time to eat during work. I barely have time to gulp in some juice when I have a second.
Sometimes I wonder if a restaurant that serves Wai-style cuisine could fly. Have you ever considered going in to the restaurant business on your own?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

benzapp wrote:Sometimes I wonder if a restaurant that serves Wai-style cuisine could fly. Have you ever considered going in to the restaurant business on your own?
I think it will not stand a chance until there are many people that eat this way. And no, I never consider it, though I used to do so when I was young. Nowadays Im preoccupied with getting the mouse studies done (regarding osteoporosis) now that I managed to get my foot in the door.
I love my daytime job, but Its just a means now.
avalon

Post by avalon »

Hey you all,

Dear Benzapp wrote:
Well, I'm 6'1" and 175 pounds. Juice and oil is a very inexpensive way to get a lot of calories. It is also very convenient.

I can't really consume many nuts, they tend to upset my stomach in large quantities. I consume some brazil nuts for the protein, but not enough for long lasting energy. So, from where does my fat come? Oil or avocados like you say.

I think that girls can get by more easily as you describe. If I don't consume enough oil, I begin to lose muscle mass.
First I was really addressing Terrence. But where were we before we had juicers (airplanes don't count because they don't provide good nutrition). Hey, not making waves, but God forbid we should eat whole foods. I don't condemn juicing or blending, but they should be side notes to our diet. Juicing concentrates sugar delivery and is fine occasionally, but I wouldn't recommed the juicing of 'high sugar/acid' fruits on a daily basis. I don't believe wai 's book does either.

I threw in nuts because Wai does and because I do and they don't bother ME. Hey, pour on the oil! Pour it, olive or coconut, on whole fruit. It's better for you!

Girls/Women, need more fat/oil than men... I did not mean to imply different and don't know where you got this Idea.

RRM Wrote:
I need about 4500 kcal daily as I'm constantly very active when I'm at work (I'm a foodrunner in a very busy restaurant), and I dont have time to eat during work. I barely have time to gulp in some juice when I have a second.
Then only juice with oil and sugar cuts it for me.
Forgive me, I have no understanding of which you wrote. I have ten years + of bartending experience from 7-8pm to 4-5am in a New York Night Club. Sometimes I was lucky to eat anything, though i had bottled water constantly. I was on my feet, moving constantly, dancing with heavy lifting. Please don't make me quote The Terminator. What was it? Oh, 'Girly Man' :)

The Wai Diet is pure and clean and has been twisted by some. I've read the book over and over and can't find where Wai advocates juice and oil (not to mention sugar, dohhh!) 'MORE', than WHOLE FRUIT OR FRUIT SALADS, high sugar or otherwise.

Juicing is good. Nuts are good. But, if you can't handle nuts...please, it was just what has been written since time and blah blah... USE OIL! I don't recommed juicing acidic fruits daily because you will eventually see enamel loss and Wai to my knowledge does not promote this. If nuts aren't 'good' use oil, use raw butter, use macadamia oil- any healthy oil- obviously you choose!! I use macadamia when I find it on sale :)

As RRM wrote, everyone is different.

Will I be edited now to protect the masses? RRM?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

avalon wrote:First I was really addressing Terrence.
So, Ben cannot tell about himself, and I cannot respond to you?
But where were we before we had juicers
In a previous century.
God forbid we should eat whole foods.
Says who?
In Wai's book (ch. 41) it says:
"Drinking fruit-shakes first, you will have a healthy energizing start for your day"
and from chapter 40: "Always start your day with fruit or fruit juice"
from the acne sample diet:
"If you have problems ingesting enough energy, you should drink more juices (pressed juices, or juices from the juice extractor) instead of whole fruits "
Girls/Women, need more fat/oil than men... I did not mean to imply different and don't know where you got this Idea.
I dont think he said that you implied differently.
avalon wrote:
RRM Wrote:
I need about 4500 kcal daily as I'm constantly very active when I'm at work (I'm a foodrunner in a very busy restaurant), and I dont have time to eat during work. I barely have time to gulp in some juice when I have a second. Then only juice with oil and sugar cuts it for me.

Forgive me, I have no understanding of which you wrote. I have ten years + of bartending experience from 7-8pm to 4-5am in a New York Night Club.
My energy intake: 4500 kcal daily, does that number mean anything to you?
Do you know how many whole fruits you need to eat to get at that energy intake?
I've read the book over and over and can't find where Wai advocates juice and oil (not to mention sugar, dohhh!)

AcneSampleDiet rule 3: "Olive oil, for example, can also perfectly be added to orange juice."
Book; Chapter 42: "For the 'milk shake effect', add extra banana and some sugar"
benzapp

Post by benzapp »

You're a patient man RRM!
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

sometimes, only sometimes...
:mrgreen:
avalon

Post by avalon »

And sadly I think this is only for those who whish to twist reality to their own.

Please read Wais words and decide for yourselves! From what I've read... Wai does not advocate 'table' sugar and juice as a daily practice! It is a side remark for needed energy.

All I am saying is learn for yourselves!

RRM is not Wai. Where is Wai? Sorry, I want to know. As far as I know Wai's teachings are not yours RRM.

Sincerely. Avalon! :)
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

I always wondered about that, too. Does wai follow this forum?
benzapp

Post by benzapp »

johndela1 wrote:I always wondered about that, too. Does wai follow this forum?
No, she doesn't. She is a busy woman who devoted close to a year personally answering the questions of many people. She was reluctant to run a forum again because it's a real hassle and there are many demanding people, as evidenced here.

She has entrusted it to several people who have followed the diet for an extended period of time. We know what works, and what doesn't. More than anything else, we're here to share our experiences.

I am not going to bother digging up the link, but go to the main page. You can access the old forum. Wai has always suggested that orange juice is an ideal medium for this diet. She does personally drink it. While technically it's not required... this diet is not really about hard fast rules of what to eat, but what not to eat.

You could be a nice person and send her an email thanking her for the copious research she has done, and her dedication to improving many people's lives. Maybe then you'll get a personal response.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

...and if there is an essential issue to discuss with her, I talk to her in person.
nick

Post by nick »

Please read Wais words and decide for yourselves! From what I've read... Wai does not advocate 'table' sugar and juice as a daily practice! It is a side remark for needed energy.
Indeed.
RRM is not Wai. Where is Wai? Sorry, I want to know. As far as I know Wai's teachings are not yours RRM.
The blurry line between RRM's and Wai's teachings are probably impossible to discern as they both spents years researching and creating this approach to diet. To be honest I always see RRM/Wai whenever I see one of their names. I read it as one symbol that two people have created.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Which means that its perfectly ok to drink as much juice (wd oil/sugar) as required to supply you with sufficient energy.
Which means that its ok.
Nick wrote:To be honest I always see RRM/Wai whenever I see one of their names. I read it as one symbol that two people have created
True. Initially, we both used the "Wai" suit, as WaiSays was the result of our collaboration, and "Wai" was just the symbol of the info on the websites, as portrayed in the drawings. We both preferred to hide behind that symbol/suit. Later I started using the "RRM" suit.
As Ben wrote, Wai (the woman in the photo-pic) got tired of replying to similar questions over and over again; according to her the principles of the diet had been explained and that should have been it.
avalon

Post by avalon »

Hi :) which brings a very interesting point.

I guess, I just interpret what I've read, differently than how you and I suppose funny, Wai meant it. I don't lie when I say I've read her book several times and have decided not to quote after quote... I don't deny the mention of juice 'and' oil for needed energy. but, and a big but as far as I'm concerned, I've never gotten the message that this is a mainstay of the diet.

That is just me.

I believe there is a a very BIG difference from juicing to drinking smoothies. Smoothies have the 'whole' fruit in them plus maybe oil etc. Juicing concentrates sugar and leaves out all the rest of the fruit- which just might be good to have. I believe that we may be fruigivores and also may not need vegetables, but I also believe as Dr. Stanely Bass says, blending fruits/vegetables/salads allows nearly 5 times the absorbption over chewing the foods. Can I prove this no. But it makes sense to me. And there may be some benefits involved.

So Wai and RRM have set free a book which I'm sure people interpret differently, or the same depending. I believe it is a great book and I have the hardest time getting anyone I know to read it! Very frustrating!

RRM and Wai, I do thank you for how your writing have changed my life. I find it amusing also that I so disagree with the creators of the original text. I guess that makes me out to be quite a fool :roll:

DOOOHHH!!! :shock: