Oil giving stomache ache?

What oil? Which vinegar? What about sugar?
Anjana
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Oil giving stomache ache?

Post by Anjana »

hi there,
I was just wondering...I've been doing this diet only for a few days but today I had some fruit salad with about 3-4 tablespoons of oil and the juice of one orange. I was eating it spread over the afternoon just little bites every now and then. but now I feel kinda strange and my stomache makes noises as it does when digesting....doesn't feel too good..
so can there be a thing as too much oil? or too much oil on fruit? or the two of them making trouble for the stomache?....

oh and I was drinking hot water on and off as well...does that have any effect on oil? it can't really can it?

I once experimented with oils and I had a minimum amount of borage (starflower) oil each day and I remember it gave me a terrible stomach ache and I had to lye in bed for a week. :(
I even had to take painkillers because of the stomach ache....do you think I should be careful with too much olive oil or is 3-4 tablespoons of oil on a medium size fruit salad still ok?.....

uh I hope this doesn't turn out in a stomach ache like I had it with borage oil.......is there a limit with oil? how much oil per day?

thanks so much for any help....
avo

Post by avo »

Do you know if there is anything wrong with your liver or any other organ? Maybe you can't secrete bile?
Anjana

Post by Anjana »

avo,
what's bile? (sorry no native speaker...)
well I just noticed that everytime I have my egg yolk (either mixed with avocado or orange juice) I get rumbles and things going on in my stomache, not exactly painful but it does feel a bit hard to digest or something......

my liver is fine apart from me taking accutane since august last year..so that might well have caused some liver damage..... :(
razza

Post by razza »

Hi Anjana,

I've experienced some similar things to you. When I first started eating egg yolks, I mixed it with banana and had the most horrible rumbling/ bloated gassy feeling, it was very uncomfortable. Now I only mix yolk with orange juice, as it has the least amount of fiber in it, and I really do best to have it as the last thing I eat--no fruits afterwards. If I my blood sugar is low, then I will sip some more orange juice with oil.

I've also found that I digest food best when I don't gulp it down--chewing thoroughly is very important, since digestion starts in the mouth when your saliva begins to break down food. It can be a pain sometimes, since we eat so often, but if I eat fast I get more rumblings.

I also notice problems if I eat bananas that are too starchy--not all the way ripe with brown speckles, or if I mix bananas with the cuc, tomato, avo salad.

Maybe some of these things can help you--it really talkes experimenting to find out what works best for you.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

hi Anjana,

Avo means to say that some people have a problem with digesting fats properly, due to a lack of bile acids available, which are required to digest fats.
If you have been eating fat-free for a long time, this may also be the case, as now you are eating fat again, and your body may need time to adjust to these changes; it often takes time for the gall bladder to be able to produce sufficient bile if that was not required for quite some time. If that would be the case, it will be resolved with time if you start slowly and gradually increase the intake of oil.

So, have you been eating a low-fat diet for some period of time?
avo

Post by avo »

Also, my friend's wife might have to get their gallbladder removed due to blockage of the bile passages. I suggested to look into ways of getting rid of stones in the liver/gallbladder, because that may be what is causing the symptoms. Just putting that out there, it may not be that, but it is at least worth a try as opposed to the wife getting surgery.
Anjana

Post by Anjana »

hi,
yea well you know tane and its side effects...you can never be sure what damage it has done.... :(
but I'm planning on a liver "flush" as well....(sorry RRM, is that horrible too in your eyes?)....well I'll just be careful with too much oil at the moment...I had some with my O.J. last night and it made me feel sick.... :(
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Yes, Anjana all 'flushes" of internal organs are a bad idea. Your body does the best it can, and when it doesnt do so well, you should stop taking stuff that is bad instead of disturbing it with while it is trying to do well.
You cannot 'flush' out the bad stuff without doing damage. Thats impossible.
WHAT do you want to flush out?

Regarding oil intake, you sould try to find out how much oil your body tolerates. Start with consuming only a few drops of oil, and then gradually increase that dosage as long as your body tolerates it.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Regarding 'rumbling': it can be due to gas (fiber with protein) or gulping in air while eating (eating fast or talking a lot). I used to have problems with avocado+egg yolk, even with banana+egg yolk from time to time, but nowadays the latter works fine for me. I either do that, or eat my yolks with only a drop of olive oil. Mixing with OJ is of course also a good idea.

Regarding oil: is the oil you use cold-pressed extra virgin?
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

I've read that your body produces digest enzyemes for things you commonly eat. If you add something that is much different it takes time to adjust.

I take olive oil by itself. I can drink about two tablespoons with no issue. The first time I took it I got sick. After that I slowly started adding it little by little, now the same amount causes no problem at all.