Sesame seeds/flax seed OK?

About consuming nuts (and seeds)
nini
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Sesame seeds/flax seed OK?

Post by nini »

I just wonder if freshly ground sesame seeds are OK for protein? And what about freshly ground flax seed?
avalon

Post by avalon »

Hi nini, if I'm not mistaken, I believe they would be considered munch foods, and dirty protein. If they don't affect your acne, not sure if I read that you do or don't have acne, then, they would be okay if you keep them to the minimum allowed. As I don't suffer from acne, I do use both of those on occasion.

Best wishes,
Avalon :)
nini

Post by nini »

Why would they be considered dirty protein?
We have been using both of them daily for many years, but we don't have acne. I do have bad skin though and I have growing suspicion that the seeds have something to do with that, but I 'really' don't know. I would like to understand what is going on...
avalon

Post by avalon »

This might help explain it.

viewtopic.php?start=0&t=569
nini

Post by nini »

Thanks so much avalon, I get the point... :)
So seeds are out, even flax seeds.
avalon

Post by avalon »

nini wrote:
So seeds are out, even flax seeds.
Good morning! Well, they're out from the 100% Sample Diet. If you want to include them, just know that they are 'Munch Foods'. Kind of like the Sample Diet is all GO!. These are a little STOP and GO! As long as you understand this, and they are not causing you any break-outs or side effects- the call is yours.

There are two approaches to Wai now. The Original Free Acne Book, which includes more options and food choices, but which is not be as pure and simple as, The WaiDiet- aka Sample Diet. So you have a choice. Some here live very well on the 100% Sample Diet, some are not quite as strong, like me I guess. I do like my Green Smoothies! And yolks over brown rice or occasionally potatoes :D

Best wishes,
Avalon
abicahsoul

Re: Sesame seeds/flax seed OK?

Post by abicahsoul »

Hi, I wondered a bit more specifically about sesame seeds. Have you looked up anti-nutrients there too? (And just out of curiosity RRM, how do you do the search when you want to look more closely into the anti-nutrient content, or about phyto-estradiols (or what they called)? Do you just google for hits? Or you have a secret weapon? 8) ) Is there some study of anti-nutrients that you find especially enlightening?
I was thinking about unhulled sesame seeds. They should not have gone through heat. However, the argument could be that the hull contains anti-nutrients? And that hulled sesame seeds perhaps have gone through heat (I dunno about that though?) to become hulled, peel off. :?:
Reason why I'm interested was that because I caught the idea here that methionine and cystine (cystein?) could become deficient in the body on Wai (if not making sure you get it?) ? Sesame seeds seem to be high in both those things according to nutritiondata http://nutritiondata.self.com/tools/nutrient-search (if you go to their homepage nutritiondata.com and then click the 'Tool' in their toolbar, you can select nutrient search tool... which I find pretty interesting when I have nothing better to do :lol: 8) ;D
And also beef seems to be high in both those amines? :P
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

abicahsoul wrote:Have you looked up anti-nutrients there too?
No, but they are seeds, and seeds are always filled with them.
how do you do the search when you want to look more closely into the anti-nutrient content, or about phyto-estradiols (or what they called)?
There are lots of different anti-nutrients, so that when you seacrh, you need to search specifically for a specific antinutrients,
in scientific journals...
Phyto-oestradiols are plant-hormones that may mimic / replace hormones in our body, like the ones in soy do.
Besides that, soy contains numerous antinutrients.
Is there some study of anti-nutrients that you find especially enlightening?
no, but there must be a book about it.
Maybe you can find one?
However, the argument could be that the hull contains anti-nutrients?
Exactly.
I caught the idea here that methionine and cystine (cystein?) could become deficient in the body on Wai
They always are the most scarse amino acids, yes.
And the Wai diet is a low protein diet, so that you may want high quality protein indeed.
Sesame seeds seem to be high in both those
Yes, but they are relatively hard to digest, so you better pick something else, such as salmon,
which protein quality is about the same (but much, much easier digested).
Protein quality in Brazil nuts, horse meat, ling and sole is even better.
And also beef seems to be high in both those amines? :P
Amino acids.
Yes, beef is okay, but mackerel, egg yolk and salmon are better.
panacea

Post by panacea »

Does anyone know of an animal (excluding personal views on humans) that eats seeds as a primary food, that can handle the anti nutrients? And I don't mean an insect which eats maybe one or two in a whole day..
dandate2

Post by dandate2 »

just setup a bird feeder and hide near it with a net