Got Brazil nuts...who wants them?

About consuming nuts (and seeds)
dancs
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Got Brazil nuts...who wants them?

Post by dancs »

So i have about 23 lbs of unshelled brazil nuts that i bought, but than realized im allergic to them. So i have all these nuts and nothing to do with them. If anyone is interested in buying them let me know, i'll sell them cheaper than store would. I just need to get rid of them
esprit

Post by esprit »

where are you based?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

indeed. I would be interested as well.
dancs

Post by dancs »

I'm currently based in USA Northern Virginia. Where do both of you live? And whats the best way to do this transaction safely?

I bought my 25lbs of Brazil nuts for $59.29 with shipping. I'll probably sell it around the $30-40 range but it all depends on shipping as well.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

yes, will be a bit much to ship it to me, as i live in Amsterdam, The Netherlands
but there are plenty people from the US here
dancs

Post by dancs »

how much would it cost for shipping? if you give me a price, maybe we can work it out...i just want them off my hands.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

I have no idea how much the shipping costs are; they are US prices... (shipping from the US)
esprit

Post by esprit »

one of the nutsuppliers in the usa you (RRM) referred to in one of my previous posts does not ship brazil nuts outside of the us. probably because of the stricter EU rules concerning the amount of aflatoxine B1. I have not yet found any supplier in the Benelux area for unshelled ones. anyone?
dancs

Post by dancs »

So does this mean i can't send you guys my unshelled brazil nuts? I seriously have at least 22 lbs of it and there just sitting. If anyone is interested at all...let me know and lets figure out the details.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

It has been a while since i had Brazil nuts, so you can send them to me. I can use paypal to pay you. How much is it including shipping costs?
dancs

Post by dancs »

:lol: anyone know how i can figure out shipping cost from USA to Amsterdam?

btw, RRM do the coffee shops at Amsterdam distrupt your skin at all?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

dancs wrote:btw, RRM do the coffee shops at Amsterdam distrupt your skin at all?
Ehrr, i dont smoke, so I dont see how they could... :D
Im often working in a smoke filled environment though, but that doesnt disrupt my skin.
esprit

Post by esprit »

first : establish the weight (because of the density you probably do not need to get the volumetric weight, because you won't ship much air when shipping nuts).
second: choose a shipping company. most courier services have one-day or expedited (=slower and cheaper) services.
If you would like to use a courier service like DHL, FEDEX, UPS, US Post/Mail,TNT, other in your area: go to their website for the phone number and ask them directly. You can probably get an estimate online if you know the postal code of the destination.
For example in the centre of Amsterdam the address and postal code of the famous shoppingcentre "the Bijenkorf" is Dam 1, 1012JS,Amsterdam.
The advantage of such a courier service: you can track and trace the parcel online.
A freight company will probably get you a better deal if the parcel is really heavy.

You will get better rates if you have an account/customer number with the shipping company. Maybe you know someone?

On the Airwaybill, you need to write down the value of the shipped goods. If you fill out value of USD 1,- (that is usually the least amount) , the less import taxes to be paid :wink:
Good luck!
Mahes Ananda

Brazil nuts in The Netherlands

Post by Mahes Ananda »

Anyone out here who knows how to get unschelled Brazil nuts into The Netherlands yet?
Live is an incredable beautifull show.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Nope, sorry...