Brazil Nuts = OMG

About consuming nuts (and seeds)
Crysten
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Brazil Nuts = OMG

Post by Crysten »

Oh my Gosh!! I just ordered a ton of Brazil nuts, and I think they are probably one of the worst tasting things I've put in my mouth. Yuck! However, I know they are very rich in Selenium. I googled Selenium to see which other foods are rich in this mineral. It is a mineral, right? Anyway, button mushrooms popped up. Can I eat these on this diet. I think I already know the answer but just wanted confirmation. If anyone knows of other foods besides salmon and Brazil nuts that are high in Selenium, can you please let me know. Thanks!
The height of perception comes from the lightness of being. ~Stuart Wilde
dionysus

Post by dionysus »

Brazil nuts go well in a salad, crushed up.

Out of interest. Why do you want a product high in Selenium? :)
Negativity is the cult of the weak
dancs

Post by dancs »

Did you buy shelled brazil nuts? Because when i bought shelled brazil nuts they didn't taste good at all. But when i shelled it myself it tasted wonderful. Mixing raisins with brazil nuts is really good too, a great combination. Try that out first before you give up on it.
Crysten

Post by Crysten »

Hi guys,

I bought unshelled. Ugh, I just can't stomache them.

Dionysus, I want a food high in selenium because I hear they help with thyroid issues. I don't have any yet, but my doctor said I would (whatever that means). I'm hoping with this new way of eating, I won't have to worry about any thyroid problems in the future.
The height of perception comes from the lightness of being. ~Stuart Wilde
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

You could enter your diet in the nutrient calculator to see whether you are really in danger of a selenium deficiency or not. If you're eating a normal version of the diet, you should be fine.

Coconuts contain extreme amounts of selenium. Brazil nuts contain quite a bit, and tuna, mackerel, salmon and egg yolk also contain selenium.
dionysus

Post by dionysus »

Thanks for clearing that up Crysten. :)
Negativity is the cult of the weak