Almonds and hazelnuts

About consuming nuts (and seeds)
halfgaar
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Almonds and hazelnuts

Post by halfgaar »

I have a question about almonds and hazelnuts. Even though we have raw ones, they are shelled. Does that mean they have been heated or quick-frozen to shell them, or is that unnecessary for those nuts? I've been eating a lot of them, and I wonder if I'm consuming dirty proteins by doing so.
halfgaar

Post by halfgaar »

BTW, is freezing "just as bad" as cooking/frying/etc? I would imagine it does less damage. For example, eggs, even human eggs, can be frozen, stored, thawed and fertilized. There are also bacteria which can survive freezing perfectly.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Usually heating is use for the shelling, so yes, you will most likely consume dirty proteins.

Freezing, as far as we know, isn't so bad, but there hasn't been a lot of research done in that area.
halfgaar

Post by halfgaar »

OK, now off to find unshelled hazelnuts and almonds. They seem to be pretty hard to find...
halfgaar

Post by halfgaar »

To continue on this; it appeared that my acne was going away, but it seems that some new pimples are still forming. They're relatively small, but still. Can it be that the consumption of those shelled nuts is the cause?
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Yep, could very well be.