Raw inshell hazel nuts - where to buy?

About consuming nuts (and seeds)
justin1
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Post by justin1 »

Iris wrote:I found you an online shop where you can buy inshell hazelnuts. Here you'd be ordering them in Germany, but they do ship to sweden, and other European countries. If these are no good, just google something like "haselnuss in schale" or whatever language you prefer.... I'm sure there are plenty others ;)

http://www.deliwelt.de/haselnuesse-in-d ... 582-2.html
---Iris, thanks a lot, i will check up this site...:)

(i do not speak german or french, that might be my handicap in finding good nuts from europe...:)

/justin1
Iris

Post by Iris »

---There is 0 in Sweden... all organic nuts which are available are shelled..., nuts in the shell are heavily processed...(: - the inshell hazel nuts sold in Sweden which I have found are treated chemically (or polished) and heated... I can see every nut shell have tiny crack and the taste of a nut is very dry... They neither taste nor look fresh....:(
Could be, I don't know what's been sold in Sweden 8)
---i think people do not ask, because either they do not care of such a details, or just think that all foods offered are perfect...:)
If that where the case I don't think we would all be here on this forum. Many of us don't suffer from acne (I don't, and never have...), but choose to do this "diet" (which isn't realy a diet, but a way of life) anyway.....
---i have been raw vegan for almost a decade, i have experience in searching for right foods, and evaluating the quality of foods...
Good for you! P: Just curious; this is the first time you (want to) include some animal food? I did a raw diet for a while too without animal foods, but it didn't take me long to notice something was missing.... What about you?
---i ask all these questions here in the forum, with the hope that people use wai-diet not only as a short term "acne"-diet...1-2-weeks, but instead i search experience from people who have learned to live on this diet long-term, like 3-5-8 years
Hmm, don't know if I understand what you are saying here, but you mean that you actually only want answers from RRM and Oscar? (As they are the only two here at the moment who are doing the diet for that long, I think (forgive me if I'm wrong) Experiences from others can also be very helpfull you know. We can all learn from each other... ;)
during this period you will see that variety in your diet can be of great importance, emotionally and physically, in order to keep on right track, and not falling...
It seems to be that for woman variety is more important indeed, but I think ( as I said earlier) that yolks are THE best way to keep on track, as they contain clean cholesterol AND almost all nutrients one needs. Nuts don't do that trick, with me at least 8) :wink:
(Cravings usually appear when you lack one or more nutrients isn't it?)
justin1

Post by justin1 »

Iris wrote:
---There is 0 in Sweden... all organic nuts which are available are shelled..., nuts in the shell are heavily processed...(: - the inshell hazel nuts sold in Sweden which I have found are treated chemically (or polished) and heated... I can see every nut shell have tiny crack and the taste of a nut is very dry... They neither taste nor look fresh....:(
Could be, I don't know what's been sold in Sweden 8)

===Iris, the link you provided, are these inshell hazel nuts unprocessed chemically and/or by heat? everything there is in german, do you know? because, as i said, there are "plenty" of inshell hazelnuts in sweden, but they are heavily processed...:(
---i think people do not ask, because either they do not care of such a details, or just think that all foods offered are perfect...:)
If that where the case I don't think we would all be here on this forum. Many of us don't suffer from acne (I don't, and never have...), but choose to do this "diet" (which isn't realy a diet, but a way of life) anyway.....

===well said, a "wai" of life...;) - same for me, i have not any acne problem myself... i am looking for universal "killer" diet...:)
---i have been raw vegan for almost a decade, i have experience in searching for right foods, and evaluating the quality of foods...
Good for you! P: Just curious; this is the first time you (want to) include some animal food? I did a raw diet for a while too without animal foods, but it didn't take me long to notice something was missing.... What about you?

===yes, no animal produce during the long period (fruits 80% + plants 20%), 3-months ago i discovered in a blood test (aimed to track allergies...) that my B12 level was far below the lowest minimum recommended... so, at this point i re-evaluated my diet: i eliminated all plants and included fresh raw egg yolks from organic grass fed free range chickens to my fruit only diet...:) 1-month later my B12 increased 80% to perfectly "normal" level, as well as other values had perfect levels too, an no allergies, except for lactose intolerance...:) so, since 3-months i am a yolk eating guy...:)
---i ask all these questions here in the forum, with the hope that people use wai-diet not only as a short term "acne"-diet...1-2-weeks, but instead i search experience from people who have learned to live on this diet long-term, like 3-5-8 years
Hmm, don't know if I understand what you are saying here, but you mean that you actually only want answers from RRM and Oscar? (As they are the only two here at the moment who are doing the diet for that long, I think (forgive me if I'm wrong) Experiences from others can also be very helpfull you know. We can all learn from each other... ;)

===no it is not what i mean, i just emphasize that i am looking for a loooong-term diet setup not just a short-term sample acne diet to try and learn if it works... i have studied the achievement of the wai-team, it is unique, universal truth about how things really are, their way of thinking resonates with my own completely, almost... ;)
during this period you will see that variety in your diet can be of great importance, emotionally and physically, in order to keep on right track, and not falling...
It seems to be that for woman variety is more important indeed, but I think ( as I said earlier) that yolks are THE best way to keep on track, as they contain clean cholesterol AND almost all nutrients one needs. Nuts don't do that trick, with me at least 8) :wink:
(Cravings usually appear when you lack one or more nutrients isn't it?)
===exactly, as you say, compulsive thinking/behavior, bad influences, emotional imbalance, etc etc can cause one to loose its balance of both body and mind, trust me, it is an universal problem and experience for both man and woman... i think a good ground would be to configure a "bullet-proof" diet setup, by including a good variety of foods, in order to both, get complete whole nutrition, as well as keep taste-sensations satisfied all time, by eating variation of foods... i know that if i eat yolks i get all i need nutrition wise, ...but, taste-wise...? cracking some nuts, or tasting some salmon, occasionally, would do the job... problem i see is to find high quality foods which are really fresh and unprocessed, so i have it home.... when urgent sensation to try something else arise...
...well maybe it is a result from my previously long time raw vegan dieting and memory of that, which makes me think this way...?
Iris

Post by Iris »

Strange enough, yolks taste better and better after eating them every day for a while, in my experience. But maybe it's not that strange, it's my body telling me it's good to eat it I think :D But as I said yolks contain almost all nutrients, so not all. Salmon is also needed (or other fatty fish) to supply you with omega 3 oil. So, as is advocated here so often by those "longtimers" (8)), alternation of fish and yolks is best. That is why salmon tastes so damn good also, I think; you need it to supply the omega3 and vit D. But a relatively simple diet (without that many variety) does the trick perfectly. I think (lack of) cholesterol -and vit D for that matter- is way more important in (not) maintaining this way of life than (lack of) variety..... Not that it is bad to have great variety, not at all, it's just not that necessary I believe ;)
Iris

Post by Iris »

Sorry I didn't see your responses in the quotes at first, so i'll respond to them now....
===Iris, the link you provided, are these inshell hazel nuts unprocessed chemically and/or by heat? everything there is in german, do you know? because, as i said, there are "plenty" of inshell hazelnuts in sweden, but they are heavily processed...:(
I'm sorry, I wouldn't know. I can take a look at it if you want, but I don't think they will put such info on their website.... You could also translate the website, you know. Just paste the url in the translater on translate.google.com and translate from german to english/... It's not perfect, but understandable. Plenty of translaters online who can help... I use them all the time when I have to write French :)
===well said, a "wai" of life...;) - same for me, i have not any acne problem myself... i am looking for universal "killer" diet...:)
"Wai of life" :lol:
===yes, no animal produce during the long period (fruits 80% + plants 20%), 3-months ago i discovered in a blood test (aimed to track allergies...) that my B12 level was far below the lowest minimum recommended... so, at this point i re-evaluated my diet: i eliminated all plants and included fresh raw egg yolks from organic grass fed free range chickens to my fruit only diet...:) 1-month later my B12 increased 80% to perfectly "normal" level, as well as other values had perfect levels too, an no allergies, except for lactose intolerance...:) so, since 3-months i am a yolk eating guy...:)
Ah, now I understand where you come from! Believe me, you realy don't have to focus on nutrients that much with this diet if you just follow the rules. So alternate fish and yolks and eat lots of fruit. You'll be fine! A while ago I suffered from severe malnutrition, so I know it makes you almost obsessed with getting in enough nutrients (because you panic, you don't want it to happen to you again, and you'll do anything to prevent that)

Do you notice much differences now you do eat yolks? I can clearly notice a difference, even if I (for whatever reason) don't eat yolks for 1 day! Then, my focus is low, concentrating on texts is difficult and so on....
===no it is not what i mean, i just emphasize that i am looking for a loooong-term diet setup not just a short-term sample acne diet to try and learn if it works... i have studied the achievement of the wai-team, it is unique, universal truth about how things really are, their way of thinking resonates with my own completely, almost... ;)
Ok, I misunderstood then, I'm sorry! I should eat more yolks and fish, maybe I'll become a bit less negative then! :lol:
justin1

Post by justin1 »

Iris wrote:Strange enough, yolks taste better and better after eating them every day for a while, in my experience. But maybe it's not that strange, it's my body telling me it's good to eat it I think :D But as I said yolks contain almost all nutrients, so not all. Salmon is also needed (or other fatty fish) to supply you with omega 3 oil. So, as is advocated here so often by those "longtimers" (8)), alternation of fish and yolks is best. That is why salmon tastes so damn good also, I think; you need it to supply the omega3 and vit D. But a relatively simple diet (without that many variety) does the trick perfectly. I think (lack of) cholesterol -and vit D for that matter- is way more important in (not) maintaining this way of life than (lack of) variety..... Not that it is bad to have great variety, not at all, it's just not that necessary I believe ;)
---agree with your reasoning...;)

how is it with fish supply in Holland? Can you purchase a fresh raw wild or organic farmed salmon there if you want to...? Or is it the same thing as in Sweden, only deepfreezed organic farmed salmon, or smoked...?
I think the main source of Europe's salmon comes from farms in Norway...? I found out that to get fresh raw organic farmed salmon happens like 1-2 times a year, as they have not yet established necessary facilities, and "demand" has been low..., i think it is because of profits and turnover, and the shift of mind... it depends upon...:)

but it must come soon or later..., just think of organic eggs...? same story, first very difficult to find, now it is a really good supply, at least in Sweden...

/j1.
justin1

Post by justin1 »

Iris wrote:I'm sorry, I wouldn't know. I can take a look at it if you want, but I don't think they will put such info on their website.... You could also translate the website, you know. Just paste the url in the translater on translate.google.com and translate from german to english/... It's not perfect, but understandable. Plenty of translaters online who can help... I use them all the time when I have to write French :)
---pleeeease could you check for one meaning: "unprocessed chemically, not polished, not heated, raw, inshell..."
Iris wrote:Ah, now I understand where you come from! Believe me, you realy don't have to focus on nutrients that much with this diet if you just follow the rules. So alternate fish and yolks and eat lots of fruit. You'll be fine! A while ago I suffered from severe malnutrition, so I know it makes you almost obsessed with getting in enough nutrients (because you panic, you don't want it to happen to you again, and you'll do anything to prevent that) Do you notice much differences now you do eat yolks? I can clearly notice a difference, even if I (for whatever reason) don't eat yolks for 1 day! Then, my focus is low, concentrating on texts is difficult and so on....
---you just hit a nail...:) yes, i think both giving up of plants and introducing yolks, made be more slender, muscular, more strength, more fulfilled from eating less, yolk with avocado = heaven...

---i must mention, not according to exact wai-philosophy, but i eat only one meal a day in the evening, i mono eat or drink my fruit, one fruit at a time, start with high-water containing fruits, and ending my meal with denser, nuts for example... it is something i practice for many years now, and will not change...;) Anyway, now since changing the ingredients of my diet, it is easy to enjoy being between the meals i dont have any thirst or hunger at all... all water i need comes from fruits... this setup let me enjoy practicing yoga, meditation, pranayama, etc etc, so i feel light, energetic, creative, can concentrate myself well, etc etc only good experiences from diet change... prior to that, i got sometimes this nasty cravings... you know... now i do not even think about foods anymore...

===heaven on earth...! thaaaanks wai...? you are beautiful and wise at the same time... what a killer combination...!...;)

Iris wrote: Ok, I misunderstood then, I'm sorry! I should eat more yolks and fish, maybe I'll become a bit less negative then! :lol:
---the old say, fish makes you wise...ha ha ...;)

btw! can you recommend any good fish meat oil (organic unprocessed etc), if you know some good internet shop where one could buy...?
- i need it for my kitty as a supplement...:) - she is on fresh raw diet too... she too likes egg yolks very much...:) eating at least 1 yolk a day, and she grows in for my eyes... (---same high quality yolks as i eat...;)
Iris

Post by Iris »

how is it with fish supply in Holland? Can you purchase a fresh raw wild or organic farmed salmon there if you want to...? Or is it the same thing as in Sweden, only deepfreezed organic farmed salmon, or smoked...?
I think the main source of Europe's salmon comes from farms in Norway...? I found out that to get fresh raw organic farmed salmon happens like 1-2 times a year, as they have not yet established necessary facilities, and "demand" has been low..., i think it is because of profits and turnover, and the shift of mind... it depends upon...:)

but it must come soon or later..., just think of organic eggs...? same story, first very difficult to find, now it is a really good supply, at least in Sweden...
Where I live, it's very hard to find even good fresh salmon that is non-organic! It all tastes bad, and when I take I bite I find it very hard to swallow it, it's so horrible tasting :shock: But 60 kilometres further I can get realy good non-organic farmed salmon that tastes delicious. So that's why I freeze it... I go there every now and then and buy some. Another option is buying organic frozen salmon, this tastes even better. Nothing can compete :) But unfortunately it's very expansive. The fresh non-organic costs half of the organic frozen :shock:
But in larger cities there is better supply I believe. (I live in a small town, with not that many people realy tasting their food I believe :lol:) Supermarkets here are a disaster, personel doesn't even recognize a mango or fig! But that fine with me. In season, they usually think I'm buying plums instead of figs, so I get them much cheaper :lol: (and no, I don't correct them. Evil, isn't it!? :twisted: :lol:

By the way, I thought there was more than one salmon hatchery in Europe??? But I may very well be wrong about that :oops:

Eggs are easy to get here too. There's an organic egg farm very close to where I live, and they cost about nothing! Very happy with that! :D
justin1

Post by justin1 »

---imagine to live in a self-sustained ecological community, growing your own foods, and living according to natures laws... :roll:
Iris

Post by Iris »

Yeah, that would be great! But I also prefer living in a city where you can get almost everything you want, instead of having to rive an hour to get some salmon... :roll:

But the good side of living in a small village is we have our own garden, and can grow some fruit on it. In summer we have all sorts of fruits of our own; strawberries, raspberries, grapes, red berries, kiwis, figs (but they are new and thus don't carry fruit yet), pears, 3 apples, blackberries, blue berries and we are getting cherries next year :D We barely have to buy fruit then
avo

Post by avo »

Oh my. That sounds amazing! Lucky indeed.
fictor

Post by fictor »

justin1 wrote: ---i ask all these questions here in the forum, with the hope that people use wai-diet not only as a short term "acne"-diet...1-2-weeks, but instead i search experience from people who have learned to live on this diet long-term, like 3-5-8 years..
I think you have misunderstood a
few things justin.

1. This forum is for people hwo is doing this diet fro acne. (Clue:
acneboard.com...) I am not saying you are not welcome here
because you are not doing the diet for acne, but you must
understand that people doing it for acne are exploiting this diet.
This diet came to life in the search for an acne cure.

2. This diet does not work as "just" a short term diet for acne.
The 2 week period of strict 'acne sample diet' are only to clear
your skin, then you can do your own experimentation with nuts,
protein levels, munch foods and so on.

I am doing this diet for acne (and to not get cancer, alzheimers and
other degenerative deseases) and I have done this diet for 1 year now.
Iris

Post by Iris »

Amen 8)
fictor

Post by fictor »

I just have to clarify that I meant that people doing this diet
for acne is NOT exploiting this diet :)
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Bit late in answering...
justin1 wrote: ---what do you substitute nuts with in your diet, nutrition and taste sensation wise...?

---do you eat any fresh raw fish?

---how long have you been on wai diet? Do you allow any "munch-foods" occasionaly?

---i have some less good experience from being on a raw vegan diet before for many years, having some set backs from time to time, falling in to cravings for strange less healthy foods to munch... "munch-fods"...? maybe it was an emotional craving really...:)

;)/justin1
I don't need to substitute nuts, because technically speaking they're not on the basic form of the diet. They are optional. I do eat nuts sometimes, like now we brought a bag of macademia nuts from France I put 2 in my avocado salad.

I do eat organic farmed salmon 4 times a week.

I've been on the Wai Diet for about 3 years now, without any munch foods.

The problem with a raw vegan diet is that it doesn't give you what your body needs, so you'll have even more cravings on top of the addictive substances cravings.