Raw inshell hazel nuts - where to buy?

About consuming nuts (and seeds)
justin1
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Raw inshell hazel nuts - where to buy?

Post by justin1 »

Hi,

I am glad I found waisays and the wai diet! Thanks for the spreading of light in this world, and for your ongoing support!

I have been on a raw vegan diet for many years, but raw fruits is what I like most, and I always had very difficult to learn to eat and handle the plants (green veggies)... It makes so much sense that plants do not want to be eaten and are protecting themselves in various ways causing adverse effects in the organism feeding upon them.

Anyway, now I am eating mainly fruits, egg yolks and some nuts, both my diet and well being from it seems so much more complete. Thanks again for your research and continued advice!

Now, I am waiting for my raw inshell brazil nuts (not chemically treated or heated) to arrive from USA.

In the mean time, I wonder if anyone here have found where to buy raw inshell hazel nuts or filberts (not chemically treated or heated)?

I really like the taste of a hazel nut. But, so far the only inshell hazel nuts I have found are treated chemically (or polished) and heated... I can see every nut shell have tiny crack and the taste of a nut is very dry... They certainly neither taste nor look fresh.

Would be great to know if there is any reseller in Sweden or in Europe...?

I mean Europe is full of hazel nut trees, isn't it?

Thanks in advance,
;)/justin1
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Hazelnuts seem easy enough to buy in The Netherlands and France, not sure about Sweden though.
justin1

Post by justin1 »

Oscar wrote:Hazelnuts seem easy enough to buy in The Netherlands and France, not sure about Sweden though.
Hi Oscar! Thanks for your reply. Do you know of any internet shop (from Netherlands or France) from where I can byu such unprocessed hazel nuts?

There is 0 in Sweden... all organic nuts which are available are shelled..., nuts in the shell are processed...(:

Thanks,
justin1
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Some people seem to have good experiences with nutsonline.com, but I'm not sure if they ship to Europe at all. You can also search the forum for more info, I forget which other sites people use.
justin1

Post by justin1 »

nutsonline.com do not ship to Europe, have checked with them.
I have searched this and other wai-forums for info, not finding any. Been reading and learning about what waisays for months now.
Aren't there really no other people who ask the same question?
Nuts ARE important ingredient in wai-diet, and they must be unprocessed...
still in the search...
/justin1
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

I'm perfectly happy without eating nuts, they're just optional. ;)
justin1

Post by justin1 »

Oscar wrote:I'm perfectly happy without eating nuts, they're just optional. ;)
---what do you substitute nuts with in your diet, nutrition and taste sensation wise...?

---do you eat any fresh raw fish?

---how long have you been on wai diet? Do you allow any "munch-foods" occasionaly?

---i am loking for an indefinite long term steady stable diet solution...:)

For a few months now i have been on fruits and yolks, and effects are good.

---i have some less good experience from being on a raw vegan diet before for many years, having some set backs from time to time, falling in to cravings for strange less healthy foods to munch... "munch-fods"...? maybe it was an emotional craving really...:)

---so, now i thought to include some nuts to ensure to not to fall again... these could provide me with extra taste sensation... but maybe it will not help to avoid munch cravings anyway...?

---please can you tell me more about your long-term experience with wai-diet, and give some advice maybe, ok?

---i ordered sun-dried olives, i wait for my brazil nuts to arrive, and i am still chasing for a raw fish...:)

---i am not worried nutrition wise at all, it is that taste sensations and munching thing i try to for see and prevent... (or at least be well equipped to deal with it if and when it comes...)

;)/justin1
Iris

Post by Iris »

---i have some less good experience from being on a raw vegan diet before for many years, having some set backs from time to time, falling in to cravings for strange less healthy foods to munch... "munch-fods"...? maybe it was an emotional craving really...:)

---so, now i thought to include some nuts to ensure to not to fall again... these could provide me with extra taste sensation... but maybe it will not help to avoid munch cravings anyway...?
If it is cravings you want to prevent, I'd suggest you eat LOTS of yolks and salmon. Especially the yolks do that job very well. I've had days when I ate 12 at once :oops: ;)
---i am not worried nutrition wise at all, it is that taste sensations and munching thing i try to for see and prevent... (or at least be well equipped to deal with it if and when it comes...)
Ok, than it's easy, just eat yolks.... :wink:
justin1

Post by justin1 »

Iris wrote: If it is cravings you want to prevent, I'd suggest you eat LOTS of yolks and salmon. Especially the yolks do that job very well. I've had days when I ate 12 at once :oops: ;)

Ok, than it's easy, just eat yolks.... :wink:
Iris thanks for your reply!

I "love" the taste and enjoy eating yolks together with avocado...:)

Is there a risk of adverse effects from overeating on yolks?

Have you experienced any adverse effects so far?

I cannot find fresh raw wild or organic grown salmon in Stockholm...:(

Btw, I have been asking for months, they are unvilling to resell it as it requieres more expencive storage facility and more careful handling of fresh fish, costing more money and generating less in profits.

The raw untreated fish "parasites" propaganda is a hoke, they do not care of your health, it is just an excuse to not improve the handling of the fish and depends on their money investment and profits.

Thanks again,
;)/justin1
Iris

Post by Iris »

Nope, haven't experienced any negative side-effects from eating yolks (rather the opposite, without them I'd have monster-cravings!!! :twisted: ) I remember RRM once said you could savely eat up to 20 yolks a day (that was for a man I think...), so 12 (my max) deffinitly isn't too much ;)

Why don't you try frozen salmon. I also do, because it's the only salmon I can get my hands on where I live. Either I go to a market where I buy a few kilos, and freeze most of it (I have to drive an hour to get there), or I'll buy frozen organic farmed salmon (which I can get in the neighborhood). Both taste quite good, but the organic farmed salmon is realy delicious! Health-wise it's also nothing less than fresh salmon I think.
justin1

Post by justin1 »

Iris wrote: Why don't you try frozen salmon. I also do, because it's the only salmon I can get my hands on where I live. Either I go to a market where I buy a few kilos, and freeze most of it (I have to drive an hour to get there), or I'll buy frozen organic farmed salmon (which I can get in the neighborhood). Both taste quite good, but the organic farmed salmon is realy delicious! Health-wise it's also nothing less than fresh salmon I think.
thanks, no thanks...:)
...no freezed foods for me, even my kitty is fed with fresh raw unprocessed foods only.
the only processing allowed is "solarizing" (=sun-charging), sun-drying, and maybe dehydrating....;)
i solarize my drinking water at times during the summer and high sun periods...:)
until i find fresh raw wild or organic farmed salmon, no salmon for me...
i manage completely with yolks, as the rest of folks do.
you should read some more on deep-freezing effects upon food properties, this is quite a heavy processing...? maybe not as bad as cooking, but still ...?
;)/justin1
Iris

Post by Iris »

Ok, maybe you can tell me what is so terrible about eating previously frozen foods or salmon in this case ;) Works fine for me, and it doesn't repulse me (like any other food does that's unhealthy), even if eaten in great quantities....
What exactly gets changed when freezing it (nutrient contents, bacteria,....?) according to you?

About the nuts, I think nobody asks this question because in most places there are plenty shops where you can just buy them. Hazelnuts aren't that hard to find, are they? The first time I did this diet I had much trouble finding macadamias in shell, but I did find them (in Germany...) and after a while I just didn't like them anymore; I'd much rather eat (previously frozen :)) salmon and yolks. It's not that nuts are a must, they're just optional. So if you can't find them, or don't like them it's not that bad.... But haven't you got an organic shop near you that sells them? Or you can go seek your own hazelnuts ;) I always do at the end of the summer :D (and I don't even eat them myself)
Iris

Post by Iris »

I found you an online shop where you can buy inshell hazelnuts. Here you'd be ordering them in Germany, but they do ship to sweden, and other European countries. If these are no good, just google something like "haselnuss in schale" or whatever language you prefer.... I'm sure there are plenty others ;)

http://www.deliwelt.de/haselnuesse-in-d ... 582-2.html
justin1

Post by justin1 »

Iris wrote:Ok, maybe you can tell me what is so terrible about eating previously frozen foods or salmon in this case ;) Works fine for me, and it doesn't repulse me (like any other food does that's unhealthy), even if eaten in great quantities.... What exactly gets changed when freezing it (nutrient contents, bacteria,....?) according to you?
in the end it is your own preference and choosing...

have you compared the taste of a fresh raw salmon with a salmon which has been deep frozen...?

it is like with other food stuff... just compare by tasting, cooked vs. fresh, or freezed vs. fresh... etc

deep freezing is far below 0C (ca -28C)... what happens with enzymes? or tissues, cells, or proteins, or other nutrients and elements, etc etc

i have not yet found any good scientific research on changes deep freezing does to food properties...:(

so, until then, my taste and feeling from the effect is only guide to follow in choosing....

;)/justin1
justin1

Post by justin1 »

Iris wrote:About the nuts, I think nobody asks this question because in most places there are plenty shops where you can just buy them. Hazelnuts aren't that hard to find, are they? The first time I did this diet I had much trouble finding macadamias in shell, but I did find them (in Germany...) and after a while I just didn't like them anymore; I'd much rather eat (previously frozen :)) salmon and yolks. It's not that nuts are a must, they're just optional. So if you can't find them, or don't like them it's not that bad.... But haven't you got an organic shop near you that sells them? Or you can go seek your own hazelnuts ;) I always do at the end of the summer :D (and I don't even eat them myself)
---There is 0 in Sweden... all organic nuts which are available are shelled..., nuts in the shell are heavily processed...(: - the inshell hazel nuts sold in Sweden which I have found are treated chemically (or polished) and heated... I can see every nut shell have tiny crack and the taste of a nut is very dry... They neither taste nor look fresh....:(

---i think people do not ask, because either they do not care of such a details, or just think that all foods offered are perfect...:)

---i have been raw vegan for almost a decade, i have experience in searching for right foods, and evaluating the quality of foods...

---i ask all these questions here in the forum, with the hope that people use wai-diet not only as a short term "acne"-diet...1-2-weeks, but instead i search experience from people who have learned to live on this diet long-term, like 3-5-8 years, during this period you will see that variety in your diet can be of great importance, emotionally and physically, in order to keep on right track, and not falling...

;)/justin