Is it fine to eat nuts the whole day?

About consuming nuts (and seeds)
Kookaburra
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Is it fine to eat nuts the whole day?

Post by Kookaburra »

I realized I have a box of in-shell almonds, a box of in-shell hazelnuts and a box of in-shell walnuts. The prices of fruits in my local area are rising. I am thinking of finishing all boxes of nuts before buying fruits again so as to save money. Is it okay to do so? How long can a hazelnut supply me with energy before I have to eat another one if I am doing office work? A hazelnut per hour?

Also, how about if I consume only fat throughout the day(nuts, avocado, olive oil)?
Kookaburra

Re: Is it fine to eat nuts the whole day?

Post by Kookaburra »

A hazelnut provides 88kcal of energy. I take about an hour to finish a small apple which provides 63kcal of energy. Hence, should I eat one hazelnut every hour?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Kookaburra wrote:Is it fine to eat nuts the whole day?
That depends. If your skin is fine with it, then its ok.
I am thinking of finishing all boxes of nuts before buying fruits again so as to save money.
Thats just postponing buying fruits and finishing up the nuts faster.
It works just the same if you just buy fruits and eat both fruits and nuts.
That way the nuts will last longer and it doesn t cost you any extra.
how about if I consume only fat throughout the day(nuts, avocado, olive oil)?
Its much better to consume both fats and sugars; for your energy level.
Its also better to consume both nuts and fruits regarding vitamins etc.
Iris

Post by Iris »

Kookaburra wrote: Is it fine to eat nuts the whole day?
I think its impossible to do so without serious cravings for foods high in sugar... No need to torture yourself like that :?
colorles

Post by colorles »

rather like nuts (as well as fruit), would rather get noureshment from 'animals' but 'fatty' nuts seems the next best thing, good energy

all it seems they can bother some peoples skin? well alot of unnatural things can bother your skins, although some nuts and seeds seem a natural human food to have been gathered along with varios fruits

alot of peoples seem to get allergic reactions to peanuts, although their not even nuts. however though regardless of how you feel about peanut butter, i must admit that it has served as a ration for me somwhat throughout my childhood, as its not like theirs buffalo roaming the plains in plenty anymore...peanut butter seems to always feel better when it doesnt have vegistable oils in them though, obviosly, palm oil feels better. peanut butter isnt a perfect food, but its a pretty decent ration

most true nuts are more natural though, although the fatty nuts feel better on my body then the more carby ones

still have to show some love to peanut butter though, as it kept me alive for some time