Chia seeds?

About consuming nuts (and seeds)
bobby
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Chia seeds?

Post by bobby »

I have read about Chia seed. We just need to put them into the water and after 10 minutes, we can drink it. It contains a lot of nutrients and is not a processed food so I am wonder could I add it to my current diet?

Here are some information about Chia seed:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salvia_hispanica
RRM
Administrator

Re: Chia seeds?

Post by RRM »

bobby wrote:I have read about Chia seed. ...could I add it to my current diet?
Are you susceptible to acne?
I dont know how they are dried.
If you have sensitive bowels, the very high fibre content (34%) may cause issues.
They may be very high in phytic acid (an anti-nutrient) also (as most seeds are).
jun

Post by jun »

There are a lot of things about the Wai diet that make sense but I still wonder about some of the guide lines. Nuts are fine but no seeds on the Wai diet right? I have read on this forum a post about picking seeds out of your fruit to be Strictly Wai. When researching the difference between nuts and seeds I discovered that nuts have 1-2 seeds in them. So unless Wai enthusiasts are picking the seeds out of their nuts(which would be nuts) they are also eating seeds, correct?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

What is in a name?
Nature tends not to adhere to our categorizations.
What may seem perfectly fine at first glance, may be not so fine after all.
Officially, this is a diet of just fruits and raw animal food.
But you cannot eat just any raw animal food (various fish, shellfish, pork etc are excluded).
And even some fruits are not on the Wai diet, such as lemons and grapefruit, due to high levels of (specific) anti-nutrients.
Most (but not all) berries are excluded as well, and some are even toxic to humans.
Tomatoes and cucumber may be considered vegetable-fruits, or fruits, or vegetables.
And there is a shady difference between nuts and seeds.
Many seeds contain toxins.
Many people on the Wai diet who are susceptible to acne do not eat nuts at all.
And various nuts are very high in anti-nutrients (just like seeds), such as phytic acid.

That is why we adress all those specifics as we advise people.
jun

Post by jun »

RRM wrote: And there is a shady difference between nuts and seeds.
Sounds like someone doesnt like realizing they have been eating seeds this whole time on the Wai diet. Just teasing! :D

So some fruits/nuts are good for some, bad for some- just got to figure it out right? some people seem to benefit from some wai banned foods while sure many others dont. one could question why is there a ban on any foods if we can always just choose what is good for us ?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

jun wrote:So some fruits/nuts are good for some, bad for some- just got to figure it out right?
No.
All is explained here on this forum.
Here is an example:
http://www.waitalk.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=3239
some people seem to benefit from some wai banned foods
Like what?
one could question why is there a ban on any foods if we can always just choose what is good for us ?
You misunderstand.
What is good for us is not a matter of choice.
It is based on what it contains: its nutrients, anti-nutrients, AGEs, toxins etc.
jun

Post by jun »

RRM wrote:Like what?
All can be seen here on this forum: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=569&p=41500#p41500 . maybe not all but some :D
You misunderstand.
It is based on what it contains: its nutrients, anti-nutrients, AGEs, toxins etc.
I think what you dont understand is opinion vs fact.

please realize that many of these tests you cling on to religiously are flawed. when tests are done on an isolated nutrient that might exist in milk, wheat, whatever scary nutrient you can think of - it will not have that exact same effect in the body when accompanied by the... wait for it... too many nutrients and still many unknown nutrients it is accompanied by - naturally. too much of any nutrient can create imbalance/disturbance without any other substances to balance or neutralize it.

...thanks forum
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

jun wrote:
RRM wrote:Like what?
All can be seen here on this forum: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=569&p=41500#p41500 . maybe not all but some
Oh, the electrons again...
jun wrote:
RRM wrote:
jun wrote:we can always just choose what is good for us
too much of any nutrient can create imbalance/disturbance without any other substances to balance or neutralize it.
Fact remains that what we need and what is bad for us is not a matter of choice.