pomegranate seeds

About consuming nuts (and seeds)
Justin
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

pomegranate seeds

Post by Justin »

what do people think about consuming pomegranate seeds? how else do you eat a pomegranate without eating all the seeds? most of the seeds would get chewed in this fruit, reducing the chance of animals spreading its seeds? stupid pomegranate tree.
is it recommended to chew around each seed and swallow the seed whole, undamaged, or even better juice it?
huntress

Post by huntress »

stupid pomegranate tree
LOL Justin :lol:

I eat pomegranate, not by chewing it, but by 'mashing' it with my tongue, swallow the juice and spit the seads out. The seeds are bitter to taste and I am sure they contain tons of enzyme inhibitors (it is what gives the seeds a bitter taste).

Alternatively, you can also pick each 'crystals' out and chew the crunchy flesh and spit the seeds out. I sometimes do this when I have nothing in the world to do. :)

But when it comes to eating Passion Fruits, I just gulp the whole seeds into my mouth and savour the sweet and sourness. The hell with enzyme inhibitors. :wink:

Oh how I LOVE passion fruits!
Bambi726

Post by Bambi726 »

huntress, about Passion Fruits...how do you eat them? I've seen them at the store a couple times (are they supposed to look shriveled on the outside?) but I never have because I was just kind of puzzled by them :shock: Everything that I've tasted that is Passionfruit flavored is really delicious, though - do you just cut it in half and scoop out the flesh? I'm sure I could figure it out if I bought one, but I just thought I'd hear it from a Passion Fruit pro first;)

~Amber
huntress

Post by huntress »

Hello Amber :D
Passion Fruit pro first;)
Oh, you're too kind... 8)

Passion fruits come in two colours: deep purple and yellow/green. I personally prefer the purple ones, mainly because the colour purple - to me - signifies sweetness & passion and hence, the name of the fruit. :lol:

Anyways, the fruit is fully ripen when the outer skin is shriveled and dried. The fruit will feel lighter than the unriped ones because of the shriveled outer skin.

To eat it, simply cut the fruit into two halves, and scoop the seeds out and eat it! Simple and easy!

The fruit is small, so you would get up to only 2-3 scoops per fruit. So I would easily eat up to 5 fruits at a time to feel fully satiated.

Oh my....all that typing makes me want to eat some passion fruits now...