Having trouble shelling your Brazil nuts?

About consuming nuts (and seeds)
anders.ohrn
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Having trouble shelling your Brazil nuts?

Post by anders.ohrn »

I just realized that storing the nuts in the fridge, makes them way easier to shell without breaking the nut. Also, the nuts get a very fresh taste, and I guess by storing them in the cold they will stay fresh longer... Just a piece of advice for you all :)

Peace
Anders
anders.ohrn

Re: Having trouble shelling your Brazil nuts?

Post by anders.ohrn »

Some more words on Brazil nuts:

Some people seem to have problems digesting these nuts, and claim to experience outbreaks caused by them. Obviously there might be an allergy involved, but in my own experience it is very important to ingest the nuts the right way - doing this certainly got rid of the symptoms for me.

To start with, it is very important not only to remove the hard shell, but also the brown skin closest to the white nut. Even if you end up with the whole nut after shelling it, it can still be completely covered by this thinner skin, and it can be very hard to remove (does anybody have any suggestions on how to do it?)When you eat the nut it should be as white as possible - not only does this spare you from the toxins in the skin, but it also enhances the taste a great deal.

Also it is very, very important to chew the Brazil nuts thoroughly, which is something that Herbert Shelton notes in "Perfect nutrition". A good habit is to continue to chew one nut until you have completely shelled the next one, and then continue eating.

More thoughts anyone?
RRM
Administrator

Re: Having trouble shelling your Brazil nuts?

Post by RRM »

Thank you Anders!