Sprouted almonds.

About consuming nuts (and seeds)
Mark
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Sprouted almonds.

Post by Mark »

I limit my consumption of nuts due mainly to their Omega-6 and phosphorus content.

Does the fat and phosphorus content of almonds change when they are sprouted? If they fall, I would happily eat more of them.

BTW I have found combining sprouted almonds with brazil nuts and dried mission figs at 7 p.m. on a daily basis has cured my asthma.
By their fruits shall ye know them.
Maleko

Re: Sprouted almonds.

Post by Maleko »

I limit my consumption of nuts now too, they really throw my fatty acids out of whack. Too much Omega 6 it seems. I am not aware of any change in the fatty acid profile when they are soaked.

I feel much better when eating sashimi and raw organic egg yolks. I still do make some almond milk, but I am going to start making brazil nut milk instead. I dont eat any nuts other than my nut milks. I soak my almonds for 12-14 hours.
RRM
Administrator

Re: Sprouted almonds.

Post by RRM »

I think its perfect to limit the intake of certain foods according to what your body tells you.
We advice to eat 35 grams (one handful) of nuts maximally (daily). Undamaged Omega6 fats are healthy and certainly not bad, but need to be in balance with the intake of omega3 and 9, in as much as too much omega 3 is not good either.
Its all about balance.