Orange juice and stomach ache?

About consuming fruits; fresh, dried or juiced.
andyville
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Orange juice and stomach ache?

Post by andyville »

I have been experiencing great success with the Wai diet over the last six months. There is just one thing that does not seem to fit me, and I am wondering if other people have had the same problem - I have a very sensitive stomach, and whenever I drink orange juice (or juice from any other acid fruit) my stomach starts aching. Do you know if there is anything one can do about this? So far I have been doing fine on juicing melons, but they contain much less calories than oranges and it would be nice with some variation. Also, I love the taste of oranges... Oh bummer. :(
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Yes, you can simply add extra virgin olive oil, or coconut oil. It creates a thin protective layer that prevents stomach pain and acid burning.
eirrene

Orange juice makes my stomach hurt

Post by eirrene »

Hello!
I've been slowly transitioning to the Wai diet and I've been having issues with my energy level. Orange juice and oranges have always made my stomach hurt, so I've been using pomegranate/grape juice as an alternative. Could this be why I'm so tired?
Oscar
Administrator

Re: Orange juice

Post by Oscar »

I don't think so. You probably do not eat/drink (often) enough, which is the mistake that is made most often. We tend to keep holding on to a 3-meals-a-day regimen and that just doesn't work. One banana or apple (or similar fruit) lasts about 30 mins, so that means you have to eat again when it "runs out". One sip of juice of course lasts shorter than that. If your glycogen depots need to be (partially) filled, you might need to eat more in one sitting to accomplish that.
RRM
Administrator

Re: Orange juice makes my stomach hurt

Post by RRM »

To prevent OJ / oranges from hurting your stomach,
simply add a few drops of olive oil, which forms a thin protective lining in your stomach.
Please try.