Electrical juice press = good investment

About consuming fruits; fresh, dried or juiced.
overkees
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Re: Electrical juice press = good investment

Post by overkees »

I've got the solis juicer.
The outside is of aluminium, but where the juice is is only stainless steel that is specially treated for acidic substances. It juices very easily , I can juice in 10 minutes 2-2.5 Liters or something with it. Cleaning is even easier. I'm very happy with it.
Solis juicer.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Looks very similar to the Breville...
breville-800cp.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Spot the 10 differences!
Mr. PC

Post by Mr. PC »

Yes, it looks exactly ike the Brevil, though the Brevil is supposed to be stainless steel even on the outside, and the blades are aluminum but coated in stainless steel (I read one review that claimed the steel came off the blades after a couple of years and exposed some aluminum).
doventin

Post by doventin »

I've looked up the Santos juicer, it says 1500 RPM. How come it's a problem for regular juicers but not for citrus juicers?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

doventin wrote:I've looked up the Santos juicer, it says 1500 RPM. How come it's a problem for regular juicers but not for citrus juicers?
Thats the speed of the engine, not the speed of the head spinning in the orange.
The latter is greatly depressed by the pressure of the squeezing, due to the design of the mechnism.
In practise, it may actually be quite slow (depending on the pressure of the squeezing and the contrapressure from the orange)

Thats very different in blenders. Here the speed of the engine is equal to the speed of the rotating blade.
Mr. PC

Post by Mr. PC »

So, I'm back to stage 1 buying a new juicer. Re-reading this thread I'm still not certain whether to buy something like the Olympus, or the Solis. RRM, you said you'd used a manual juicer before, and that the electric is way faster. What kind of manual was it (cheap/expensive)? Maybe the quality of the Olympus would make a large difference? Maybe it would be faster because with an electric I'd be worried about breaking it and so going gently.

Dime. You said you used an electric, but it was a cheap one. Cheap electric juicers are very slow / difficult to use for sure.

Olympus is 26 lbs, wheras the Solis is 11lbs. Shippingwise the electric I guess is actually better; I'd assumed the opposite.
dime

Post by dime »

Mr. PC wrote: Dime. You said you used an electric, but it was a cheap one. Cheap electric juicers are very slow / difficult to use for sure.
Yes. Now I use a press (cf. old post)
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Mr. PC wrote:RRM, you said you'd used a manual juicer before, and that the electric is way faster. What kind of manual was it
It was this one http://www.waitalk.com/viewtopic.php?f= ... ceb#p12185
Maybe the quality of the Olympus would make a large difference?
Sure.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Mr. PC wrote:Cheap electric juicers are very slow / difficult to use for sure.
Not really, but it does depend on the quality. Not all cheap juicers are the same. My cheap juicer is like 40+ years old and still works absolutely fine.
dime

Post by dime »

There are dedicated orange presses (e.g. I have this).
I'm dreaming of something like this though :D
Mia

Post by Mia »

I plan to bye a new juicer for citrus, but I can't decide between a manual press like OrangeX Olympus or an electric. I'm thankful for all the advice I can get.

RRM, do you still recommend Santos 10?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Yes, the Santos is a sturdy machine, but i think the OrangeX Olympus will last even longer because it is not electrical.
So that might be the best investment.
Im lucky, because my fruit supplier uses this Zumex. He does the juicing for me and i only pay for the oranges.
Zumex.jpg
Mia

Post by Mia »

Oh, that must be a really amazing feeling. I would love to have that opportunity too, but maybe someday... :)

Until that day, It might be the best choice (for me) to buy the orangeX Olympus. It's much cheaper than santos, and as you said might be a better investment.

Thank you for your answer RRM.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

If you have a good relationship with your fruit supplier, and you are not planning on moving away, you might consider co-investing in a Zumer or similar. The Zume might be stationed at, and used by the fruit supplier. In the long run, the one time investment may outweight the time saved plus the reduction in costs on oranges (earned by your investment)