Electrical juice press = good investment

About consuming fruits; fresh, dried or juiced.
RRM
Administrator
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Re: best juicer for OJ

Post by RRM »

djkvan wrote:I think I'm going to go back to juicing with my electric for a while. While juicing with the press...
Ehr, the press is an electric press, so whats the difference? :?
What matters, is how much pressure you apply; as to what extend the juice is extracted from the peel.
Just use whatever press you use, and check if you extract juice from the flesh only, or from the peel as well.
Adjust the pressure accordingly.
djkvan

Post by djkvan »

Most of the oranges I press these days (due to availability issues) are either too big for the guiding cup (above) or too small for the press cup (below) of the juice press. When too big for the guiding cup the orange is creased/squished inward during juicing, thus the skin is juiced too. When too small for the press cup the orange is stretched outward and the rind is pinched/chunked so the rind is juiced. Although I am still able to use the press, I am unavoidably juicing the skin, the rind or both somewhat when juicing. The other day I did see liquid running down the outside of the skin, which is why I thought to go back to the hand method. That plus the puffiness I was feeling under my eyes after every sip of juice made me think that there might be some allergens/chemicals affecting me.
I do so like green eggs and ham. Thank you, thank you. Sam I am.
djkvan

Post by djkvan »

The other day I was using my press and noticed liquid running down the skin of the orange and dripping from the inside of the press cup after pressing an orange. I tasted it. It was horrible and it made my tongue numb. It did not taste like orange oil either. Some pesticide residue or residue from the sodium imazilil (fungicide) compound they treat oranges with to preserve freshness in transit. Dammit! :x This crap can't be good for anyone.
Mr. PC

Post by Mr. PC »

Do you rinse your oranges before pressing? I don't juice but I rinse my fruit even before peeling it so that pesticides don't get on my hands and than back onto my food when I touch it.
djkvan

Post by djkvan »

Yes, I rinse them. The press squeezes some of the fungicide out of the outside of the skin though. It runs more freely into the orange juice because the oranges are still wet from rinsing. Perhaps it would help if I were to dry them after rinsing.
dime

Re: Electrical juice press = good investment

Post by dime »

So finally I decided to get an orange juicer, got tired of manually making OJ :D
Hadarit juicer.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Nina75

Machine Jus d'orange / Machine orange juice

Post by Nina75 »

Bonjour, j'ai trouver un primeur de fruits et légumes pas loin de chez moi et j'ai vue qu'ils avaient la machine pour faire des jus d'orange frais, ces machines qu'on voit de plus en plus chez les primeurs, bar à jus, starbuck, et parfois dans les épiceries. Ils proposent les prix suivent : 0.2 litres - 2 euros, 0.5 litres - 3 euros, 1 litres - 4.50 euros et même bouteille de 2 litres : 6, 50 euros !!!! Ce qui est très pratique je trouve et les prix sont intéressent, tout à l'heure je me suis pris deux litres de jus d'orange et 1 minutes !!!! Ma questions est de savoir si il est ok de prendre du jus comme ça ? Si leur machine sont ok ? Vous en avez déja tous vu je pense et le jus est très bon je trouve. Je vous mets un lien pour vous montrez à quoi ça ressemble. Dites moi si c'est ok de consommer tout les jours ce jus ?! Je tiens à préciser que si j'ai le temps je rentre chez moi pour enlever la pulpe avec une passoire et mettre du sucre avec huile. Sinon j'ai toujours huile d'olive sur moi alors même quand je rentre pas chez moi je mets l'huile dans le jus fraichement présser.

http://www.boulii.com/machine-a-jus-orange.html
automatic juicer - 1.jpg

Hello, I find a scoop of fruit and vegetables not far from me and I saw they had the machine for making fresh orange juice, these machines we see increasingly in futures , juice bar, starbuck, and sometimes in grocery stores. They offer the following prices: 0.2 liters - 2 euros, 0.5 liters - 3 euros, 1 liter - 4.50 euro and even 2-liter bottle: 6, 50 euros!! What I find is very convenient and the prices are concerned, earlier I took two liters of orange juice and 1 minutes!! My question is whether it is ok to take the juice like that? If the machine is ok? You already have all seen and I think the juice is very good I think. I put a link to show you what it looks like. Tell me if it's ok to consume this juice every day?! I want to say that if I have the time I get home to remove the pulp with a strainer and put sugar with oil. Otherwise I always olive oil on me even when I get home I put no oil in the juice freshly squeeze.

http://www.boulii.com/machine-a-jus-orange.html
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dime

Re: Machine Jus d'orange / Machine orange juice

Post by dime »

The machine seems fine, I've seen the same too. If I press oranges myself 2l would probably cost me around 6, so 6.5 to buy the juice directly and not bother with pressing and cleaning is great price!
Nina75

Post by Nina75 »

Exactement, niveau rapport qualité prix c'est à peu près pareil, sauf que c'est beaucoup plus rapide et pas de nettoyage ! Mais j'aime présser mes oranges mais parfois on a tout simplement pas le temps !

Exactly at value for money is almost the same, except that it is much faster and no cleaning! But I love my squeeze oranges but sometimes you just no time!
http://www.premierservice.fr/WebRoot/Or ... ervice.jpg
automatic juicer - 2.jpg
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Yes, these juicers are perfectly fine!
Nina75

Post by Nina75 »

Very practical to maintain this diet 100%, very convenient to maintain one's energy constatement, very convenient to use a lot of orange juice with sugar and olive oil and run all day. (Sir, you are on cocaine). No, I guess it's the perfect glucose in my blood!
And especially to go to the bathroom at night
Thank you,

Très pratique pour maintenir cette diète a 100%, très pratique pour maintenir constatement son énergie, très pratique pour consommer beaucoup de jus d'orange avec sucre et huile d'olive et courir toute la journée. ( Monsieur vous êtes sous cocaiine ? ). Non j'imagine que c'est le glucose parfait dans mon sang !
Et surtout pour aller à la salle le soir , samuel ( work out )
Merci à vous

, samuel
Mr. PC

Post by Mr. PC »

Would pesticides not leak into the juice with this method? I pay about 8.1921 euros for 2 litres of juice here (conveniently there's a place in my work where they make it using a press; I buy either 2 or 3 litres each day.)

I wonderhow much it would be to buy one of these machines.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Pesticides that are on the skin, are still there because they stick to the skin,
so its unlikely that they will leak into the juice to a great extend.
I think that washing will rinse off less pesticides.
Mr. PC

Post by Mr. PC »

Reading through this thread it seems that Oscar has the most efficient juicer "15-20 mins per 1.25L, including everything ;) "

I also looked up that Zumex pictured on page 3, and here's a link to the variousjuicers, http://www.zumex.com/AdaptingShop/usuar ... uFamilia=2

Do you think one of these would be most efficient? Just throw in whole oranges? I'd like to start drinking a lot and getting 'big' (I know I say that a lot, but really, enough of being so frail :)

{edit} the Zumex are very expensive (of course), in the 2 - 3 grand range. This one, http://www.amazon.com/Sunkist-Commercia ... f=rec_dp_0 juices whole oranges for $730, but maybe the levered juicer is still best. Cutting the oranges in half isn't so bad. I guess there's no way to get a consensus on best juicer for wait-users to make OJ though, eh?
Mr. PC

Post by Mr. PC »

So would you recomend one of these whole orange juicers like that Sunkist one I linked? I've been using the Huron for a while but it takes so long to peel and seed the oranges (though I've gotten fast at peely oranges).

I also bought a cheap little electric press, but it's inneficient and still takes some time pressing down oranges and trying to get all the juice out. Would something like this, http://www.discountjuicers.com/orangexcommercialb.html be a big workout? (same one mentioned on page 1). Which juicer were you talking about when you said you were getting 15 to 20 minutes / 1.25L?